How do we know if we modify our car LEGALLY?

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007
Re: How do we know if we modified our car LEGALLY?

u just came back from oveseas? :biggrin:
Hi bro fstrader... As the matter of fact...I've returned for already 5 years...first I was quite upset with all the authorities departments...such as bank...immigrant...and etc... The attitude is seriously disappointing, but I have already get used to it...

Well...I just owned my EVO 3 (finally...after saving all the money for owing this master piece) for not more than a year...trying to have everything tuned "low-profiled"...and ended up with "sanman"... SIGH... May be I have to go through the steps again...GETTING USED TO IT...

Happy New Year 2008 to you bro...thanks for your input.

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007

its "saman" not "samban".
or izzit "saman" + "jamban".. hhaha.. kidding..
Hi bro Maxx... Thanks for clearing that part for me...I have not idea how that spell 'cause I rarely got one of those...that's why I got it wrongly... Thanks!

Happy New Year 2008 to you!

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007

stanley, white colour halogen bulb is legal as stated in JPJ website. Go take a look. I can 100% bet that they don't know even not how to differentiate between a white colour halogen bulb and HID.
Hi Bro TitanRev... Thanks for the link! It helps alot. As the matter of fact, I am using HID...but if that's illegal...then I admit and of course paying the fine. But...isn't the HID is already legalized? Or it will only legalized in 2008?

I really feel unfair for the G-Medallion that I've installed on my EVO 3... I just took the measurement...the tip of the muffler is oval and its width is 4.8-inches (very close to 5") as the height is 4.5-inches... The tauke from the muffler shop said only 3-inches in diameter will not be kacau by the authorities...is that true?

Happy New Year 2008 to you bro...thanks again for the helpful link!

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007

Sorry bro, no offense, but the police woman did a right thing to saman you. For your own good and also other's peaceful life.

Hi Bro csl... Thanks for your input bro...but don't you think our authorities should have at least let us know what guidelines to consider when we come to modify our beloved cars?

1. White bulb.
It was proven that yellowish light has the best visibility's at night. After market white/blueish bulb is just ok for night but will become worst when raining. Even my car which came with original HID, I also try to find 3800k bulb to replace current white bulb. Because the white light made my 250hp car with 235/40/18 T1R need to be driven at 15-20km/h with double signal on, during heavy rain (what a joke when slowly overtook by a original kancil). If I cannot control my emotion at that time, my car may end up with in the workshop and wait for the insurance adjuster to take picture.

Such as...if HID is too bright...then let us know which range is OK...like 4350K to 6300K is LEGAL...anything more (or less) is ILLEGAL...that kind of information so that we know when we wanna modify a bit... (This might be a bit out of topic) Plus the fact that I'm living in some area that there is no lamp post or no lights at all (I believed there are some areas in your place as well)...I have to use extra bright beams so that I can see the road clearly... SIGH...

2. Big diameter exhaust.
Till date, I never heard about there is any quiet 'big' exhaust. You may think it looks cool and not noisy. But when you pass by those housing area, especially at night, do you know how many people is cursing you without your notice? But if you just change the original exhaust tip only, then I think you are not deserved to be 'saman'ed .
Yes I agreed with you. I myself is also a victim when some of the "loud" mufflers passed by with heavy bass along the way...really cannot tahan lar. But I believed if the driver didn't step on REALLY HARD on the gas pedal...it will be (not as quiet as standard) at least not that noisy... Plus...like one of the zerotohunderd members said...HKS Hi-Power Silent or Tanabe G-Medallion (which I kena "saman")...is considered very quiet already as compared to other mufflers... By the way...the policewoman "saman" me for BIG EXHAUST TIP not big muffler... SIGH...

Anyway bro...thanks...and Happy New Year 2008!

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007

sorry to hear that bro
i got the some thing happen to me too, anyway those FU**ER(POLI**) not pro at all they said what ever they like, maybe the gov poor thats why just give saman.
by the way what car u driving?? WIRA with EVO 3 engine??? if yes save yr $$$ get a better car, no more supporting made in malaysia
Hi Bri truestar59... Thanks bro. Similar case also happened to my mechanics and friends who drives some monster cars... They all just come with one same conclusion..."it's like that one lar...what to do?...just pay kopi-o lor...kopi-o only small small amount mar...if kena big one...then just suei lor..." Another thing that they all agreed after I seek for their suggestions...I'm really SUEI as it's already Dec 24 at 11:50PM...10 mins to Christmas...probably 15 more mins the road block will be dismissed...then I kena... Maybe I am really SUEI lar...hope this won't continue to the coming 2008...

No bro...I'm driving a Lancer converted EVO 3...as most of my mechanics said WIRA's bones will torn apart if 4G63 tuned for more torque and power... HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 to you!

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007

I suggest you to install a CAT (difficult to get ori Evo 3 muffler) or if you have CAT, add extra mid muffler, change the buld to Philips Silver Vision (remember to adjust the level), put a Pivot Raizin (with grounding cable) then go to Puspakom and do a check up. Then keep the slips in your car next time (if passed without 'adjusting' the puspakom people).
Hi Bro csl... No bro...it's really hard to get the CAT for EVO 3...even new CATs from APEX'i are mostly made for EVO 6 or 7 and above. I've already got an enlarged, with thicker "walls" of mid muffler to shut down the muffler...and I still kena. Guess they were aimed at the size of the exhaust tip...not the noise. What happen next time if I changed to 2.5 inches tip with thunderous sound..."Terlalu bising! Tak boleh!"... (SIGH...SOBBING...WHAT SHOULD I DO...tis cannot...tat cannot...WEEPING)... :P

Well...I will try to see if there is any other way I could modify the HID together will some of the bulbs (especially those for Sportlights which are yellowish) into the headlamps... See the block...turn to yellow...with extra switch to immobilize the HID...after the block...turn to HID AGAIN! If I should get it done...will share with all of you guys...wish me luck.

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007

Stanley,

Since they made you pay, why not make them justify their actions ?

You don't have to be rude but you can politely ask them to quote you the exact section of the regulations that they used to support the summons. Ask them nicely for a photocopy of the relevant sections. Tell them you want to know because you intend to change your car's equipment back to legal requirements. If possible, pin down that woman cop who wrote your summons and ask her to cough up the relevant sections.

The cops have to give you an answer when requested because of accountability. Legally, they are not obliged to simply turn you away with no explanations.
Hi Bro FVel...thanks for the suggestion. I went to the police department today...guess what? THEIR SYSTEM IS DOWN!!!! WALAU EH!!!!!! SIGH...So much to do when Malaysia Boleh.... Sure bro...will take your advise...see if they could provide any detail regulations or guidelines for supporting the ILLEGAL stuff...UBAHSUAI here UBAHSUAI there...especially the exhaust part...really make me feel so unfair... BIG BIG with silent..."Terlalu Besar...SAMAN!" SMALL SMALL with noise..."Terlalu Bising...SAMAN!"...gosh!

Hope they won't ask me to look for Puspakom or JPJ if I demanded some detail regulations or guidelines...push me to here then push me to there...you know lar...they are very clever in pushing techniques...

Alright bro...thanks again...HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!!

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site

white halogen bulb is illegal since many years before.....even front or side signal also cannot in white color...

only oem HID is legal la...you install HID urself oso illegal unless u sent ur car for puspakom test, then its ok.

bout ekzos, they will only check it if your car make noise...if u pass the road block silently or slight noisy, guess they wont kacau u.

and before they saman, try to talk to them la...can be discuss one...talk in polite way la...

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com

ha.. i know y u got saman for the exhaust..
its bcoz of the police woman.. if police man maybe (maybe lar..) not kena..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site

ha.. i know y u got saman for the exhaust..
its bcoz of the police woman.. if police man maybe (maybe lar..) not kena..
woman easier to talk somemore ma....can tease n kacau abit...no saman maybe...

maybe he carry his wife/gf, so no nego for it :rofl: (joking)

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J

Just one comment after reading csl post.. please don't turn on hazard light in the rain.. that is illegal... for goodness its very distracting for other drivers.. as is natural to pay attention to it and too much focus will go towards that car..

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert

Hi bro fstrader... As the matter of fact...I've returned for already 5 years...first I was quite upset with all the authorities departments...such as bank...immigrant...and etc... The attitude is seriously disappointing, but I have already get used to it...

Well...I just owned my EVO 3 (finally...after saving all the money for owing this master piece) for not more than a year...trying to have everything tuned "low-profiled"...and ended up with "sanman"... SIGH... May be I have to go through the steps again...GETTING USED TO IT...

Happy New Year 2008 to you bro...thanks for your input.

no harm done and i hope u are not disturbed by my way of typing out things which are quite straight forward :biggrin: hehehehe...

yeah authorities as well as bank alike all are but mostly are the same as it used to be, we just have to get things to our own hands sometimes.

good for u E3 is one of my fav vehicles too but sadly kenot afford such classics :sleep:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007

topic starter
take note that those BMW / M-Benz / Honda Civic, Accord are equipped with 4300K bulb temperature HID which is yellowish white, therefore it's perfectly 100% legal...anything above 6000k (pure white) is totally illegal because those bulbs above 6000k are either blue-ish white or purple, which are not allowed since it is dangerous to both of the driver and upcoming traffic..
by the way, what is your bulb type? r u using H4 type? if H4 type, it should be equipped with Hi/Lo beam. Therefore you can switch to high beam (yellow light) when there's police / road block in front u...i am using 6000k and do it everytime got JPJ block or traffic block..managed to escape everytime...so u do not need to remove your HID since it is nice ^_^
it depends your luck la anyway because during near festival days, they will come out to 'cari makan', so u must beware lor...they wan to get 'side income' ma...so u will notice they won't summon u on the spot,they will 'indirectly' ask you how u wan to settle,true? therefore although my 6000k is legal, they will also say it is illegal because it will grant them 'cash'

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com

woman easier to talk somemore ma....can tease n kacau abit...no saman maybe...

maybe he carry his wife/gf, so no nego for it :rofl: (joking)
ya ka.. :biggrin:
maybe they saw, oh, big exhaust, must saman. eventhou not noisy..
if polieman maybe understand abit. :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Anyone know whats the market price for this pair for bulb?
Philips Bi-Xenon head-lamps D2S 35W 85122
Someone is selling it in HERE
What i duno what price should I offer him
Thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience