How competitive is the MR-S?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
thanks for the insight. supposedly one were to procure an MR-S for 80k, how much would the 2zz+6speed swap cost? even then.. its not exactly competitive yet.. the best motoring feature of the Techno Pro Spirit MR-S showed that it had the fastest lap time against the S15, S13 and S2000..it goes to show that while lacking horsepower, it makes up with agility..

wonder what the specs are for that, and how much $$$ to build it.
dont be greedy la (so fast!). :biggrin: dont overlook a lightly modded 1zz. (catless, a 4-1 manifold, good coilovers, one could run with some fast cars on b roads

2zz halfcuts n drop engines/gearbox i've seen have been a little cheaper now then few years ago i guess its safe to say a simple straight swap (no porting, standalone ecu etc) with rm15k-17k+ could be done. of course there is option to go turbo too (1zz) instead of 2zz.

ppl always remark the mrs will always be pale-in-comparison to lotus elise. we dont deny n never claim otherwise. fact is also the lotus groups gets notice & invites for car events. :smokin:

we? "pah, it's only a MR-S" :rolleyes:

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
at the end of the day, is depends what budget you have, and what class you wanted to challenge in sepang or other track. A light tune MRS or Elise will never able to go near a GTR or other super car time, unless your budget is very high.

So, you have to be sure how much you willing to spend, and what kind of stock car / or light tune car you able to match up. i mean you can tune a MRS to a GT Spec, where a gear box cost you 60K, engine cost you 200K. is solely on you budget, i mean there is a 750kg, 550bhp lotus elise, but are you wiling to go to that extend ?