How about how to clean fabric seats?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
KC thanks for the tip. But can you elaborate on what you mean by "rinse" after you clean. How do you "rinse"? Spray on clean water and wipe off until soap free or just wipe with wet towel?

I've always had a problem with this. Last time I used OPC diluted 1:10 to clean and it foamed up quite a lot. Wiping with wet cloth sort of removed it but the seat still felt soapy.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
KC thanks for the tip. But can you elaborate on what you mean by "rinse" after you clean. How do you "rinse"? Spray on clean water and wipe off until soap free or just wipe with wet towel?

I've always had a problem with this. Last time I used OPC diluted 1:10 to clean and it foamed up quite a lot. Wiping with wet cloth sort of removed it but the seat still felt soapy.

bro
thanks for asking
OPC diluted 1:10 is too weak.. the best is to follow instruction 1:4 = meaning i portion OPC + 3 portion water...

1. Spray on OPC or solution on to your cleaning agent - eg brush

2. rinse off with damp cloth

3. repeat if necessarily

tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

for hard core cleaning

eg

I brush with 1:1 solution and rinse with running water....need at least 2 days to dry under the sun

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
KC : That's a leather seat. How do I "rinse" with a damp cloth on fabric seats?

Bro same way as I wipe off with damp cloth

Easier u bring your car next sat
And we will have a session just for fabric and interior detailing

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro same way as I wipe off with damp cloth

Easier u bring your car next sat
And we will have a session just for fabric and interior detailing
Thanks KC. Will test myself!

I can't make it next Saturday so thanks for the offer!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Done seats cleaning just last Saturday, but result decent but nothing spectacular I suppose, coz maybe I just used cheapo cleaners bought from Tesco. Anyway good enough for now. :burnout:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Done seats cleaning just last Saturday, but result decent but nothing spectacular I suppose, coz maybe I just used cheapo cleaners bought from Tesco. Anyway good enough for now. :burnout:
Some Cheap cleaners not say not strong, they can be very strong using cheap chemicals so must be very careful with them.
I have good leather cleaners but some say not strong enough so maybe they make it that way to preserve the leather also.
If want strong APC is best can mix your own dilutions but too strong also not good....:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Some Cheap cleaners not say not strong, they can be very strong using cheap chemicals so must be very careful with them.
I have good leather cleaners but some say not strong enough so maybe they make it that way to preserve the leather also.
If want strong APC is best can mix your own dilutions but too strong also not good....:smokin:
Wah too troublesome lah, I just want to use ready made products. Even that I seldom do, coz getting old and lazy already. Anyway it seems the one I use is normal only, does not seem stunningly clean also. :biggrin:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hehehehe
I BEG to differ.....I dont simply use any cleaners....I started detailing at home and kept most of the stuff in early days at home....imagine the amount of poison or chemical you will be bringing back to your home...with infants around!!

from very start, i dont buy unbranded stuff for my cars! as my aim and passion is to do what the American is doing or the european is doing...you can check out my blog here to find out more of their comment of my work

secondly, would you use what you used for your kancil for a Bugatti??
me effeminately yes, this is oneof the very reason, i disagree with many detailing operators...in using all kind of chemical in your mixtures of shampoo....

Imagine now these being used on your seats and over time when you sweat your sweat pore open up and chances of these chemical absorbing into your body or children skin?

therefore please google up what the MSDS ______________________ of what so ever brand and product and you will see what these are make of (material safety data sheet)

eg ...
Most APCs contain caustic soda or caustic potash. Caustics are also used in paint removers so at high enough concentration, they can not only damage uncoated (tanned) leather, but also they can damage coated leather as well. However, Alien Clean does not contain any caustics and that is why it is safe to use on coated as well as tanned leather.
and most of all it does not cause me cancer as it does not contain carcinogen

please pay close attention

tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

here

tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wah too troublesome lah, I just want to use ready made products. Even that I seldom do, coz getting old and lazy already. Anyway it seems the one I use is normal only, does not seem stunningly clean also. :biggrin:
everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial
there are many ways to fry an egg...I am sharing with you ...how to win Michelin star Chef awards....

please check out more information here

Had fun using steam cleaner once. Really clean fabric marvesomefully
Yupp

please share and contributes some of your work that may benefit others in their quest

keep them coming

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any zth member can recommend any Workshop can tune camshaft with adj cam pulley ?
price ?
tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience