Honda S660

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
These cars are supposed to be cheap at Japan but over here, they are priced even higher than other recon Japanese sports car like 86, BRZ and possibly 370Z.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What about lotus?
Thought about it. But the cheapest Lotus recon is above 200k and used units are 100k+ with no chance of loan. Forget about the ancient Elise, too many stories about unreliable gearboxes and expensive maintenance.

Still have to play CBU taxes, and I heard you cannot use invoice price, because IRD have list of cars and minimum import pricing. This is to curb false pricing to get lower taxes.....lol:biggrin:
Exactly. Recon yes but all of this is true.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
I thought these S660 are recon cars?
You need AP to import these car where cost around RM 30k got jalan RM 18k can get, excise duty will be few times your car value, then follow by import GST of 6% + those runner fees, forwarding agent, Ocean Freight from Japan to Malaysia.. that cost higher than the car price dont know how many times already.

There is another way still legal but you need a lot of cash in hand to buy one since no loan can be take to buy it from Japan..

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
You spoke my mind! :biggrin:
Hahaha that's the first thing that came on my mind that is light & nimble.

Thought about it. But the cheapest Lotus recon is above 200k and used units are 100k+ with no chance of loan. Forget about the ancient Elise, too many stories about unreliable gearboxes and expensive maintenance.
By that I assume you are talking bout the exige? Actually you want it to be light in stock form like Lotus, or gutted interior kind of light weight :biggrin::biggrin:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
You need AP to import these car where cost around RM 30k got jalan RM 18k can get, excise duty will be few times your car value, then follow by import GST of 6% + those runner fees, forwarding agent, Ocean Freight from Japan to Malaysia.. that cost higher than the car price dont know how many times already.

There is another way still legal but you need a lot of cash in hand to buy one since no loan can be take to buy it from Japan..
I thought we are entitled an AP lifetime for each msian but need to apply from MITI? or ure talking bout student AP?

please correct me if I'm wrong

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
By that I assume you are talking bout the exige? Actually you want it to be light in stock form like Lotus, or gutted interior kind of light weight :biggrin::biggrin:
I prefer it be stock form light. Stock gutted like the S202 Impreza is nice but I don't really like the bug eye design for the S202.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

But then, why did those recon BRZ and 86 are being sold cheaper than this? Some recon WRX STI can also be had for like 150-160k. Base price of these cars alone are already higher than S660.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
But then, why did those recon BRZ and 86 are being sold cheaper than this? Some recon WRX STI can also be had for like 150-160k. Base price of these cars alone are already higher than S660.
Because those "popular" cars have importers. No one is importing the S660 yet except grey importers. The S660 is expensive in Japan because of its K car status so it translates to expensive here as well.

WRX and all those more popular cars are more expensive because of demand. In Japan they are sold for peanuts in comparison.

At the highest variant i would have top up more going for MX5.
Yeah man. But anyone who does get the highest variant is dumb cuz the differences between the base model and highest model is accessories. Which is kinda pointless. I'd just install a reverse camera and a hardtop and I'm done happy with the car.