Honda Prelude 1985 Engine Conversion

adVan Ayam

Known Member
Apr 16, 2005
Snawang/Taiping
Good day guys....

I'm a newbie here. Hehehehe. Need your all help since I do not know which engine to use. Hehehehe.
My budget is around 9K. How much for VTEC with turbo (possibble aaa?).hehehehe.
My other option is to put in other brand engine.... Can aaa?
Nissan RB20DET, SR20DET or Mitsu engine (don't get angry guys...)hehehehe. Which one to use???hehehehe...
Those intercooler and gauges look so yummy....hehehehehe. Plus the cost will be much more cheaper right???
Need contact number for workshop that can do the transplant. In Seremban area if possible if not in KL also can.... Heeeehehehhe.
Anybody have done such a transplant before???
Can I have your phone number?
Please hook me up with somebody who know.....
Hehehehehe.
Thanks in adVan.

Happy holiday guys....

waw_8921

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
eastcoast
prelude project car

:rolleyes: well...are u seriusly wanna ur prelude boost-up? okay,3 years ago, my friend from kelantan came to me looking for engine to upgrade his prelude performance... wow!! he bought a mazda interplay halfcut (210 hp)..and when I asked him why, he said what's he lookin for is the horsepower and secondly like u said..intercooler and gauges..what the problem are you going to face up after that in this case : JPJ approval, driveshaft(install well?) or just 'welding and sambung'~up to the workshop skill,etc.
It's all up to u...ur budget bro...But for me,just put in a H22A from the prelude BB4 okay ape? Then, upgrade to vtec turbo... :D

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
adVan Ayam said:
Good day guys....

I'm a newbie here. Hehehehe. Need your all help since I do not know which engine to use. Hehehehe.
My budget is around 9K. How much for VTEC with turbo (possibble aaa?).hehehehe.
My other option is to put in other brand engine.... Can aaa?
Nissan RB20DET, SR20DET or Mitsu engine (don't get angry guys...)hehehehe. Which one to use???hehehehe...
Those intercooler and gauges look so yummy....hehehehehe. Plus the cost will be much more cheaper right???
Need contact number for workshop that can do the transplant. In Seremban area if possible if not in KL also can.... Heeeehehehhe.
Anybody have done such a transplant before???
Can I have your phone number?
Please hook me up with somebody who know.....
Hehehehehe.
Thanks in adVan.

Happy holiday guys....
Hi advan ayam,
I have a Prelude that is the same model as your's, mine has been converted to B-series Vtec many years ago. At the time when I wanted to convert my engine I went around asking for advice, I got a lot of information just from asking around. I actually saw a same Prelude that has a H22A engine put in
and oh boy..!, this engine is just too hugh for the engine bay and they had make cuts in order for the engine and gearbox to fit into the engine bay, the bonet just barely made it to close. I advice against putting in a H22A engine in your Prelude, this engine is just too hugh and heavy and would eventually make your car a straight line race car only, handling would be badly affected. Just put in a B-series engine and you will be ok. Good-luck !.

Just my 2-cents.

kacyp

Known Member
Apr 6, 2004
uk.geocities.com
Interested on you original engine

Hi advan ayam, if u can give your original engine spec i might interested to have it and dump into my SA6Y if can after you do your conversion. maybe u just can tolak me cheap cheap wan

thanks

BitecBeso

Nov 20, 2003
sitiawan
www.vss.com.my
prelude '85

i also got same prelude as u..the main lamp can sleep one...very nice body...put in new heart beat...just b16a integra da6...with combination of ys1 gearbox...safc setting by Links Power...even a ek4 with 3 kaki exedy can be side by side...just tapau a R3 at PLUS hiway...1.6 bro...size doesn't matter...just a bit heavy to carry...quite ok because the aerodynamic body to potong the angin...n now i'm decided to sell my ride...15k anyone intrested??

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
i think i have the same prelude as you guys,
mine is the basemodel but spec is SI...
BA1 2.0 DOHC
Actually i am pretty happy with its original spec, except a bit hard to get spare parts..
however still manage to rebuilt lots of parts...
i checked my engine code B20a has 160hp on tap..
you might want to source for it, plus it fits perfectly...

Secondly, why are you guys selling the prelude..
i use it as my second car and it find it pretty good for a 20yr old car..
except the fact that it DRINKS petrol like crazy...

cheers 2 preluders...;)

Turbo676

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
I've seen a 4G93T in the your generation of prelude b4. it was on a Thai website. But those guys r crazy when it came 2 conversions. But i translated some of the wordings which explains y the owner chose the 4g93t over a vr4.

firstly, dimensionally, the block is smaller, hence easier to mount. n also, because the block can reuse the prelude's front cross member, which makes it a whole lot easier 2 put in. driveshafts were customised, gearbox locked to 2wd. had 2 rewire the whole of the car. intercooler piping. n shitloads of otherstuff.

seriously, dun bother man. better just find a DA6 halfcut n mate it to your b20a. 2 litre vtec man. :P

raybakh

Known Member
Jun 9, 2004
Semenyih/Bangi
Visit site
Maybe u wanna try for B20B or if u hav a higher budget, go for B18C (hehe)
sure garang punye. About the RB20 it wont fit in ur prelude coz, prelude is FF where else the RBs are for FR cars.

Just my 2 cents.

waw_8921

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
eastcoast
prelude'85

coldair said:
Hi advan ayam,
I have a Prelude that is the same model as your's, mine has been converted to B-series Vtec many years ago. At the time when I wanted to convert my engine I went around asking for advice, I got a lot of information just from asking around. I actually saw a same Prelude that has a H22A engine put in
and oh boy..!, this engine is just too hugh for the engine bay and they had make cuts in order for the engine and gearbox to fit into the engine bay, the bonet just barely made it to close. I advice against putting in a H22A engine in your Prelude, this engine is just too hugh and heavy and would eventually make your car a straight line race car only, handling would be badly affected. Just put in a B-series engine and you will be ok. Good-luck !.

Just my 2-cents.
yes of course the H22A engine too hugh and heavy...but any convertion must be balance by upgrade the suspension too.
I'm suggest the H22A bcoz it cheaper and powerful (prelude BB4..arround 4k-5k only),but if u got more budget..why not go ahead for B-series ?!!
It just my opinion....sorry if u still looking for boost-up..he2.. :D

adVan Ayam

Known Member
Apr 16, 2005
Snawang/Taiping
now for sale bro..

refer to thread "Prelude 85 for sale"
selling 12k nego...
help me to sell this car if possible bros...
thanks.

waw_8921

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
eastcoast
why??

adVan Ayam said:
refer to thread "Prelude 85 for sale"
selling 12k nego...
help me to sell this car if possible bros...
thanks.
so..why are going to sell...?? upload pic here la bro.... :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Car is 1974 GTO.2000cc Rear Wheel
All thing in car die.
engine dont know 5 year no start.
body many broke already inside got sands,inside car got insect.
steel need to cut off and put new one.
paint die.
5 year did't touch the car.
How can i make it on the road with style.With Drift
What engine recomend to transplant?
How about the car Body?
What should i need to do?
Recommend me any workshop with good experience and got do paint and transplant together is better.
How much i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience