Honda EG/EH - Interior conversion and antitheft system

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Try choose parallel parking spot, park inside mall which give tow truck impossible/hard time to get away with the car.
If thieves had plan like Ocean 11,12,13 then the car must worth "a lot".
Alarm, hidden kill switches or combo, lock, quick release...etc just to delayed the thieves.

Anyone try gps tracking device using sim card ?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Try choose parallel parking spot, park inside mall which give tow truck impossible/hard time to get away with the car.
If thieves had plan like Ocean 11,12,13 then the car must worth "a lot".
Alarm, hidden kill switches or combo, lock, quick release...etc just to delayed the thieves.

Anyone try gps tracking device using sim card ?
I heard a case from my mechanic, his client have a few cars including an Evo 6.5. Stay is a condo, car basement parking. Car have alarm, GPS tracking and sms alert. He was away outstation, sms and GPS did not work, because basement no signal. Thieves were actually seen by the guard going around, but the thieves were cool, told the guard repairing the car, but was actually disarming the alarm, sms and gps tracking. Not sure if he found the car, no follow up.......lol

Reactions: sweelt and Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I heard a case from my mechanic, his client have a few cars including an Evo 6.5. Stay is a condo, car basement parking. Car have alarm, GPS tracking and sms alert. He was away outstation, sms and GPS did not work, because basement no signal. Thieves were actually seen by the guard going around, but the thieves were cool, told the guard repairing the car, but was actually disarming the alarm, sms and gps tracking. Not sure if he found the car, no follow up.......lol
In that case can claim from the security company as they have insurance coverage for when things go bad. Will be a lenghty process but can be done.

During my practical days i got a chance to install a GPS/GSM tracking system. When GPS is not available it will uses GSM but GSM wont be as accurate as GPS. It can track up to a certain radius from nearest telco tower. This system can see real live data such as ignition system status and speed. Its a basic system as no vehicle disable system is supported.

Installation is a PITA as wiring must be done in a way its very hard for thief to detect and disable.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This case if the thief knew the car had all that pretty much means the car was targeted and any car that's targeted is 90% a goner.

Installation is a PITA as wiring must be done in a way its very hard for thief to detect and disable.
Haha.. I asked my installer to use all same coloured wires for my alarm install back then, made it a PITA to install but it was glorious to look at. And will be a major PITA to troubleshoot if anything breaks.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This case if the thief knew the car had all that pretty much means the car was targeted and any car that's targeted is 90% a goner.
Yup, looks like targeted. One, it is an Evo 6.5, and two, stolen from his condo.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car engine is leaking......been like this for a month
Do I need to overhaul it how much they usually charge for Honda EG non vtech engine.......and how long does it takes to repair it.....
I think the oil leak is come from my gasket at the radiator hose.....I dont know very well about car sorry if I dont give enough information
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience