Honda DC5 ,DC2 , Honda EP3 which one should I get ?

Honda DC5 ,DC2 , Honda EP3 which one should I get ?

• DC5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DC2

• EP3

• Total voters

meonster

Dec 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
if u wanna buy a honda... id recommend the DC5... not only is it the best choice amongst the 3 cars u posted.... but also theft rate for the DC5 is still pretty low... i think so far only 2-3 cases only in the past 2 years....

DC2 is getting stolen left right and center... EG, EK , EF even worse... 1 week minimum 1 case... at one point, 1 case a day. at another point 3 cars stolen in Kuantan on the same day!

even with DC5 ud still have to take some serious security measures.... my friend's car was broken into right in front of his house...meters stolen, seats stolen and cant remember wat else.... and afaik the stolen DC5s have totally disappeared... never found.

EP3 is pretty rare... good car, but since its rare, parts may be a bit tough in case of anything.

moral of the story... just avoid the hondas la... its pretty dangerous to own one now... and im telling u as a honda owner myself. my car oso i barely drive out anymore....

shove in a 1.8 GSR into ur wira and mod it proper and u probably can makan all those NA hondas power wise. if still wan that sound, i guess the closes u can get is the MIVEC. also a good choice.
me oso simpan rumah car... im still considering go for K's or ej25... haiya.... my honda oso panas to parking for yamcha-mamcha liao... :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
No poll ah?

i vote for the newer DC5 version, the backlight and headlamp straight version one.

Really damn fast man this car.
Saw twice at traffic light, really power plus the exhaust sound nice :top:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Threadstarter : Since you're currently driving a Wira, I'm assuming you'll be selling it for perhaps 10k thereabouts. Do you have about 35k cash? If not you can forget about owning a DC2.

Do you have a good bank record to get a 90k loan? If not you can forget about the DC5 and EP3.

And no offence, but if you have to take a 90k loan just for the DC5 / EP3, I really think the maintenance of the car will kill you.

I'm not trying to dampen your Honda spirit, I'm looking at Hondas too. But at the super cheap EF range cuz I can't afford anything more than that. Reality sucks.

jasontan8338

Feb 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
So I did go mudah for some price research . I found that those 05/08 need almost 102~105K ...Look like over my budget. So I look at the older one 03/05 ... it's around 88-95K ... Seriously I think DC5 is quite expensive . Abound 10years old cars still selling 80K+ , as i know 10 year old car hard to loan right ?(Correct me if my research got wrong)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
So I did go mudah for some price research . I found that those 05/08 need almost 102~105K ...Look like over my budget. So I look at the older one 03/05 ... it's around 88-95K ... Seriously I think DC5 is quite expensive . Abound 10years old cars still selling 80K+ , as i know 10 year old car hard to loan right ?(Correct me if my research got wrong)
Performance oriented Honda cars are like that. You should take a look at those 2 door Civic EK. They are priced at around 50k to 70k even when they are not original EK9 Civic Type R. These EK are well above 10 years old.

meonster

Dec 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Performance oriented Honda cars are like that. You should take a look at those 2 door Civic EK. They are priced at around 50k to 70k even when they are not original EK9 Civic Type R. These EK are well above 10 years old.
hahaha, you're rite mate... this car never go below 40k if it legal ontheroad....
:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:

jasontan8338

Feb 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Seriously bro .Before planning to get a Type R , I think to get a proton satria neo r3 and install a supercharge in it haha

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Yup .. Type R arr expensive . what u say is totally true . Well, subaru are much cheaper comparing to Type R in malaysia . (Second hand price ) It's hard to find subaru spareparts in malaysia and this is not easy to take care ... Type R is different . U can easily find the spareparts and easy to mantain .. because NA mah

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

No poll ah?

i vote for the newer DC5 version, the backlight and headlamp straight version one.

Really damn fast man this car.
Saw twice at traffic light, really power plus the exhaust sound nice :top:
This car is a "chick magnet" ! Btw price of this car is expensive too :banghead:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
u sure kah DC5 is chick magnet?...i thought chicks go for "extremely modded" myvi n kenari?....:biggrin:

anyway, honda is always overpriced ler ...at least here is malaysia.....the price for that DC5 u can easily get a used Evo7/8 or Scooby....4WD with turbo summore....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hahaha, you're rite mate... this car never go below 40k if it legal ontheroad....
:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:
Possible to go below 40k. For those EK hatchback that are still in stock condition but those are very rare.

Seriously bro .Before planning to get a Type R , I think to get a proton satria neo r3 and install a supercharge in it haha

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Yup .. Type R arr expensive . what u say is totally true . Well, subaru are much cheaper comparing to Type R in malaysia . (Second hand price ) It's hard to find subaru spareparts in malaysia and this is not easy to take care ... Type R is different . U can easily find the spareparts and easy to mantain .. because NA mah

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

This car is a "chick magnet" ! Btw price of this car is expensive too :banghead:
Neo? Why not go for the old Satria. I'll show something at here. Even though this is not Satria, but it is still related.
Quickest Mitsubishi Colt AWD in germany 978HP & 871Nm - YouTube

But to achieve this, really a lot of money is needed. The money spent on doing this mod can get you a DC5 already I guess. Besides, 4G63T in Satria is now illegal and not to mention the 4WD setup. However, I think this video is an eye opener for people to see how far a modded Colt/Mirage can go.

Type R is expensive even for converted ones. Like EK9 for example. I've heard from people in this forum saying that original EK9 in Malaysia is not above 20 units. How true is this, I cannot confirm but this shows how rare an original EK9 is in Malaysia. The more common ori Type R are probably DC5 and FD2R. Oh ya, not forgetting CL7 and CL1 Accord Euro R as well.

Subaru is not exactly cheap as well. For the old GC8 Impreza, yes, that is quite cheap when you compare it to modded Civic EG and EK. GC8 can be found selling for around 40k plus to 50k plus. You'll get a near 300hp turbocharged boxer engine, 4WD layout and a cool looking frameless door in GC8 for around 50k. That's quite reasonable compared to the price of converted EK9 Civic. But whether what is worth the money or not, all this depends on individual preference.

For the expensive Subaru, just look at the price of Impreza WRX STI Version 9 S204 and Version 9 Spec C Type RA-R. Both of those are expensive when you compare them to their Mitsubishi counterparts, Lancer Evolution IX MR. However, you'll get a lot of good stuffs in both special versions of the WRX STI Version 9. Things like carbon fibre parts, larger brakes (I heard it is a 6 pot Brembo for Type RA-R), a stronger reinforced chassis and etc...

BTW, I'm a fan of Impreza WRX STI, so pardon me for going off topic and write too much about them on above. :biggrin:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
if u really want to play honda that bad, u better go with any model that comes with K-series engine laa...they are relatively newer than any of the B-series engines, hence won't be as badly worn out....plus it's a big improvement from the old B-series technology...n will last u longer also...if you're someone that is quite technically knowledgeable about engines and knows how to maintain and/or mod the B-series engine, then u can go for them DC2R or EK9....otherwise, i strongly recommend u go for DC5R, FD2R or EP3 laa....

jasontan8338

Feb 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Possible to go below 40k. For those EK hatchback that are still in stock condition but those are very rare.

Neo? Why not go for the old Satria. I'll show something at here. Even though this is not Satria, but it is still related.
Quickest Mitsubishi Colt AWD in germany 978HP & 871Nm - YouTube

But to achieve this, really a lot of money is needed. The money spent on doing this mod can get you a DC5 already I guess. Besides, 4G63T in Satria is now illegal and not to mention the 4WD setup. However, I think this video is an eye opener for people to see how far a modded Colt/Mirage can go.

Type R is expensive even for converted ones. Like EK9 for example. I've heard from people in this forum saying that original EK9 in Malaysia is not above 20 units. How true is this, I cannot confirm but this shows how rare an original EK9 is in Malaysia. The more common ori Type R are probably DC5 and FD2R. Oh ya, not forgetting CL7 and CL1 Accord Euro R as well.

Subaru is not exactly cheap as well. For the old GC8 Impreza, yes, that is quite cheap when you compare it to modded Civic EG and EK. GC8 can be found selling for around 40k plus to 50k plus. You'll get a near 300hp turbocharged boxer engine, 4WD layout and a cool looking frameless door in GC8 for around 50k. That's quite reasonable compared to the price of converted EK9 Civic. But whether what is worth the money or not, all this depends on individual preference.

For the expensive Subaru, just look at the price of Impreza WRX STI Version 9 S204 and Version 9 Spec C Type RA-R. Both of those are expensive when you compare them to their Mitsubishi counterparts, Lancer Evolution IX MR. However, you'll get a lot of good stuffs in both special versions of the WRX STI Version 9. Things like carbon fibre parts, larger brakes (I heard it is a 6 pot Brembo for Type RA-R), a stronger reinforced chassis and etc...

BTW, I'm a fan of Impreza WRX STI, so pardon me for going off topic and write too much about them on above. :biggrin:
Nice sharing bro ! Mits colt sharing same engine with the old satria?

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

But this is a converted DC2 Type R from a Integra GSR. At this price, perhaps it is better to find an ori Type R instead.
The ori integra type r in Malaysia are very rare.. And the price of this car is not cheap

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

if u really want to play honda that bad, u better go with any model that comes with K-series engine laa...they are relatively newer than any of the B-series engines, hence won't be as badly worn out....plus it's a big improvement from the old B-series technology...n will last u longer also...if you're someone that is quite technically knowledgeable about engines and knows how to maintain and/or mod the B-series engine, then u can go for them DC2R or EK9....otherwise, i strongly recommend u go for DC5R, FD2R or EP3 laa....
Yea.. Most of the ppl ask me go for the K series :biggrin:
But the price of the K series are so expensive :adore:
That's why im looking for the B series DC2 ... Btw Im not knowledgeable about B serirs engine ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

enyone know where can find toyota map sensor ? 2jz-gte or 1jz-gte or other toyota turbo engine use:rolleyes:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience