Honda civic fd2 with k20z2 engine turbo installation

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Great job bro , congrats . Now our fd2 are brothers , haha . Where is the workshop by the way ? One suggestion , change ur rotators to brembo Now , it is possible and use something for engine mounting . Tune it up and put pictures of dyno here.

xenonkuraz

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
Soroosh. Having problems getting it tuned. My plug and play harness for the emanage ultimate is not working for my car.

How did your tuner install your emanage? and how long did it take? Did he use any ECU diagrams?

Thanks!!

xenonkuraz

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
Soroosh I got it all figured out.

Check out that power curve ;)

Stock exhaust apart from muffler, would expect a big gain with more free flowing exhaust and winding up the turbo a few psi.

Stay tuned for more!

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
it was in the 4th gear , max speed with 4th gear is 225 KMPH then I have to change it to 5th gear ! it goes alot faster than this , if u notice from 215 to 220 the digital speedometer skips 2-3 KMPH .

I haven't found any good highway to try the top speed tho :driver:

my car's 5th gear is still untouched ! lool ! I guess there is a little dust on the 5th gear ! haha , I hope to find a chance to go to 5th gear and bring it up to the MAX .

if any of u guys wanna meet up with ur FD2 cars or other , let me know . we'll go for a ride
FD2 5th gear can go up to 267km/h if I am not mistaken :)

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everyone,

I noticed it's been a long time since I post here, so I decided to put a long term review over the fd2 turbo.

After 3 years driving this car and over 60k mileage , I ran into a few ups and downs which I'll mention below:

- emanage wiring messed up because of water and maybe heat so had to redo the wiring.
- o2 sensor heater stopped working and had to be changed .
- knock sensor had to be changed .
- a bit exhaust leak from the down pipe.

And finally after 3 years turbo started to have shaft play and I'm changing it to ar60 m24 (gt28rs) .

Other than this no problem with the stock engine and gearbox . It sure is a great setup . One of the very successful projects out there.

Let me know what do u think of this.

Thanks
Soroosh

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The maintenance using turbo are really high cost or normal like using N/a ?
Anything non-standard is going to cost more. Turbo just means earlier oil changes, better oil used, better fuel used, higher FC, more pipes to look after, and that's all on top of your normal wear and tear from the engine

Reactions: alcyon

RR 46

Oct 15, 2019
Ouh I see,, so that’s means its just like normal maintenance and just early than normal change ,, and the FC depending on how we drive right? More push on pedals, means more FC.. Im planning to BOT on my fd.. I’m just worry it will damage my gearbox and engine coz I wanna make a daily car

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Ouh I see,, so that’s means its just like normal maintenance and just early than normal change ,, and the FC depending on how we drive right? More push on pedals, means more FC.. Im planning to BOT on my fd.. I’m just worry it will damage my gearbox and engine coz I wanna make a daily car
It depends on the tune, how hard you drive the car and how well it's maintained.

If you're the sort of person who drives at 100-110 on low load 90% of the time, it'll last you very long. However if you're the type that likes to wangan everywhere and WOT whenever possible with no temperature & pressure gauges, the engine will wear out faster than normal la.

The tune also if it's done poorly it'll makan minyak quite a lot.

Just a heads up, K20's since their exhaust is at the firewall if you do go through with BOT plans save some budget for heat management like a turbo blanket, heat wrap, and or ceramic coating some stuff.

Reactions: RR 46 and Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This doesn't need much introduction, I think. A hardcore few of you will already be able to guess what this rare monster is. Harking from the mid 90s, only 349 examples left Maranello, and without a doubt, fewer than 349 exist today.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience