Honda civic fd2 with k20z2 engine turbo installation

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

these r the pics as I promised ;) video soon .
my camshafts r stock camshaft, everything is stock . intercooler and oil cooler has been added and ATF cooler soon will be installed.engine mounting can handle it well because the boost is not that high as u can see in the graph .

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Bro, your I/Cooler piping (under your front bumper) really make me scare!
I hope it do not sag the road bumps or basement parking in shopping complex.

seraphblade

From Facebook
May 22, 2011
www.facebook.com
Hi bro, I've a question for turbo charging vtec engines.

Vtec kick say around 5200 rpm. Turbo usually around 5k as well. When the 2 kick closely together, will there be any drivability issue?

I'm currently looking to SC my K20A engine. Looking around just 0.5 - 0.8 bar.

Currently having 270bhp, looking to push to somewhere around 320ish.

Will SC be better for my requirement? I'm mainly looking for smoother increase in the entire RPM range. Doesn't need to be big kick.

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, your I/Cooler piping (under your front bumper) really make me scare!
I hope it do not sag the road bumps or basement parking in shopping complex.
Yeah , it scares me too ! I can't do anything about it ... But so far only once it touched the road . Do u think I can hide it by bodykit ?

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Hi bro, I've a question for turbo charging vtec engines.

Vtec kick say around 5200 rpm. Turbo usually around 5k as well. When the 2 kick closely together, will there be any drivability issue?

I'm currently looking to SC my K20A engine. Looking around just 0.5 - 0.8 bar.

Currently having 270bhp, looking to push to somewhere around 320ish.

Will SC be better for my requirement? I'm mainly looking for smoother increase in the entire RPM range. Doesn't need to be big kick.
Turbo kicks in around 3k and vtec around 5k. Superchargers r for high pickup and they start working immediately when u turn on the car but the problem is it's attached to the timing belt and it decreases a little power Because of that . In ur case I think SC would work ;)

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Well, perhaps you need to customise the new I/C piping. Try to make new route from turbine to I/C by using the inlet from left headlamp/passenger side. Then, channel out through the outlet on pilot side, bent it above/top of the I/C and continue to throttle body. It might required a lot of works, but definitely worth it rather than have it scrapped the bumps and cause a leaking.

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks , by the way , nobody noticed where the battery is ! It's in the trunk ! There was no space for the battery ! It's working perfectly ;) I kicked type r's ass today.

marshaltan

Feb 21, 2011
Pj
Thanks , by the way , nobody noticed where the battery is ! It's in the trunk ! There was no space for the battery ! It's working perfectly ;) I kicked type r's ass today.

:adore::adore::adore: :driver:

nice! by how many car lengths?
i shall remember to give way to any purple civic 2.0 with a bigass intercooler from now on:thefinger:

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
Bro,Can u PM me back how much the total cost n ctc number of GT Sunway.Need to BOT my k20a stream.:biggrin:

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi , bro it cost around 12-13 k , Gt auto at sunway I think has a website , grab their number from there . Just bring it there and talk with them . Be aware that it takes much longer than what they say it takes. Good luck

stingg

Known Member
Sep 20, 2005
subang jaya
Congrats bro! welcome to the world of turbo VTEC club. Remember to put exhaust temp and AFR gauge to monitor yr engine.

xenonkuraz

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
hi soorosh. could you please tell me where you bought your kit? i would like one for my fd2 with k20z2 as well. also how did you go with tuning the car with e-manage ultimate? i would like to use this also. did you run into any problems with the car being CANBUS?

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi soorosh. could you please tell me where you bought your kit? i would like one for my fd2 with k20z2 as well. also how did you go with tuning the car with e-manage ultimate? i would like to use this also. did you run into any problems with the car being CANBUS?
Hi, there is no kit ! I bought the kit but everything was different and every thing is custom built now. till now no problem . tuning was done by GT Auto . the only problem I have is leakage from exhuast , I'm not sure header or near the wastegate but its not that big deal . however its quit good , breaks r still good enough to stop the car. suspention system has to be changed

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys...posting this on behalf my uncle...he car was stolen yesterday...in Bandar Kinrara 3...the Shell Petrol station....It happen when he tengah isi some angin for his car tyre....didnt notice all of a sudden 2 indian guys came and push him and 1 of them drove of his car.....happened yesterday around 10 p.m....the car detail :

BKP 8994
Camry 2.0 E - Siver Blue

If anyone come across the car...would be gratefull to PM me....thanx guys....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience