Honda Civic Eg/Ek owners

kevyeoh

Known Member
Nov 15, 2004
Recently got meself a normal Honda Civic sedan EJ7. Joined some FB groups related to Honda Civic but doesn't seem to have much info on what mods to do/can do for the car. I'm totally noob here so trying to browse google and youtube also. But would be awesome if I can find some sifus here to share what I can do/mod for my car whether it is engine performance or just purely for aesthetic. Any other owners here?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Recently got meself a normal Honda Civic sedan EJ7. Joined some FB groups related to Honda Civic but doesn't seem to have much info on what mods to do/can do for the car. I'm totally noob here so trying to browse google and youtube also. But would be awesome if I can find some sifus here to share what I can do/mod for my car whether it is engine performance or just purely for aesthetic. Any other owners here?
Got a budget?

The EJ7 has plenty of potential. Just up to your wallet size. hahaha!

Easiest progression is b18c mod and manual. A simple type-R cam or a skunk2 cam and a hondata would give you plenty of hp and torque. But that's easily close to 20k.

Then there's brakes and suspension, under carriage bushes, hardrace lightweight lower arms, hasport engine mounts for response, erm...

ohhhh one more thing. Security. Get a good alarm, hood lock, GPS, steering wheel detachable hub, pedal locks and a nice tint.

That's a lotta money too.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
how much you bought that car? around 10K?

kevyeoh

Known Member
Nov 15, 2004
Hello Izso,

thanks for the input! ok, i think for engine, i'm not gonna touch it for now as I am pretty satisfied with the B16 engine I have already. But i'm interested to know more about the brakes/suspension, under carriage bushes etc.

Can you share a bit more on that, such as what type/brand if products I should be looking at? Even bushes? Quite surprised you mention bushes. Hasport mounting very hard/noisy if I recall my other friend told me about this.

Thank you.

Got a budget?

The EJ7 has plenty of potential. Just up to your wallet size. hahaha!

Easiest progression is b18c mod and manual. A simple type-R cam or a skunk2 cam and a hondata would give you plenty of hp and torque. But that's easily close to 20k.

Then there's brakes and suspension, under carriage bushes, hardrace lightweight lower arms, hasport engine mounts for response, erm...

ohhhh one more thing. Security. Get a good alarm, hood lock, GPS, steering wheel detachable hub, pedal locks and a nice tint.

That's a lotta money too.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As discussed in FB - Hasport is almost solid mounting. You don't want that since I've gathered you're pretty much a uncle driver. Just swap out and any rubber bushes that are perished with normal rubber bushes and consider upgrading brake calipers to odyssey or CRV brakes. they are much larger and give more bite but pads will be a bit more expensive.

Reactions: kevyeoh

VictorLee8298

2,000 RPM
Apr 13, 2015
Selangor
Selling my beloved Honda EG8 Bluetag,B20B block with B16 top. RM18800.00,Engine just fully rebuild
For more details or pict can WhatsApp me 010-4445666. Location at Puchong

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Selling my beloved Honda EG8 Bluetag,B20B block with B16 top. RM18800.00,Engine just fully rebuild
For more details or pict can WhatsApp me 010-4445666. Location at Puchong
Come on man... sell your car at the marketplace not at random threads

kevyeoh

Known Member
Nov 15, 2004
awesome....much appreciated....yes..uncle driver with occasional revving just to raise heartbeat and feel the adrenalin a while... :)

As discussed in FB - Hasport is almost solid mounting. You don't want that since I've gathered you're pretty much a uncle driver. Just swap out and any rubber bushes that are perished with normal rubber bushes and consider upgrading brake calipers to odyssey or CRV brakes. they are much larger and give more bite but pads will be a bit more expensive.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s not often that Bukit Bintang can be brought to a standstill but that was precisely what happened on Sunday as the race-ready ABT R8 LMS did its best impression of a smoke screen on the streets of Bukit Bintang with former Malaysian Formula One driver Alex Yoong taking to the wheel.

The display was courtesy of Federal Auto Holdings, the exclusive local distributor of ABT Sportsline, a renowned Audi...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience