Honda City Type-Z Owners Thread (Project-Z)

Rookie

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Zero H said:
Rookie,

Yr grill look nice lor. What year is yr car?

Zero H

Zero H,
My car is year 2000. jus brought it 2 months ago. i jus stick some sticker on the grille didnt do anything le. What bout yours? any mod so far?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
rayzy22 said:
i thinking of improving the car downforce...to make it more grip and manuevarable on hi speed...can it work?if can,how aa?
RAYZY22,

actually, a BODYKIT will do that. but nowadays bodykit just for cosmetic (look nice only but not really function well).

All the skirting shud deflect wind from front at high speed and divert it to top of car. because wind will slow down (compare to speed of wind under car) when running top of the car since many resistance (windshield, bonet, etc). a spoiler shud also do the same thing since the back of our car is very light (no engine, light lah). basically spoiler must be opposite function of a airplane wing. airplane wing create faster air at top side. Faster air will make it low pressure.. so lower of wing pressure will push wing up and fly away. so a good design bodykit will make u very stable at hi speed. good design of spoiler means opposite shape of a airplane wing.

ose2

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
Don

wow... you know a lot of things about car..............

ose2

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
do you know that.......
our Type-Z 2000 year, market value only RM38k.....
information is from a Penang used car agent...

so sad the price drop so fast.........................

rayzy22

Known Member
Jul 6, 2006
one more thing...
just notice it recently after a month with the car...
it doesnt has low fuel warning light at the panel...
anyone can response on dis...

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
ose,
just somethin i learnt long time ago ler.. wat i know i share wif u guys.. no prob.

rayz,
u want to design ur own bodykit?? wahh.. difficult wo.. i heard for type z there is one shop in Klang.. i oso join the teamcity forum.. and asking around.. there got one guy name dodolboy who oso have bodykitted Type Z.. i think his car is red color.. later i get more info, i inform here.

low fuel warning?
i never let the fuel too low coz its not good for ur fuel pump.
fuel pump normally is submerged inside the fuel. so your fuel will
help to cool down the fuel pump. if u always running on very low fuel (less than last mark), ur fuel pump life could be shortened a bit.

but during i bought car, the fuel is damn low.. much lower than last mark, then the orange/yellow lights up. i think it is using same light for the oil light.. if not mistaken.

rayzy22

Known Member
Jul 6, 2006
lorr...same wit oil light ke???
shud have know it

i did little research about bodykit.maybe i can design sumthing whichcan consider as bodykit later on.i know it difficult but since i dont have anything to do during weekend so i dont mind.who know in future can patent it then come with brand name..."project Z"...hahahaha.then u can get the royalty oso don....ezi money maa

remember the mysterius sound i mentioned before? it not compressor or from engine but sumthing like a ring loose between xtractor n center exhaust.since it cant attach back, my fren remove it...ok or not?

Rookie

Known Member
May 21, 2006
low fuel warning?
i never let the fuel too low coz its not good for ur fuel pump.
fuel pump normally is submerged inside the fuel. so your fuel will
help to cool down the fuel pump. if u always running on very low fuel (less than last mark), ur fuel pump life could be shortened a bit.

but during i bought car, the fuel is damn low.. much lower than last mark, then the orange/yellow lights up. i think it is using same light for the oil light.. if not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Don,
U mean is not good for the fuel pump when always running on low fuel? how a bout totally empty until the car brokedown? it's happen to me the first day i collect my car.
will it damage the fuel pump? (This is all bcos of no fuel warning)

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Rookie,

Last time i also a few times low fuel until lower than last mark. Then the light will light up (orange color). So i not sure about urs one why no lights up.. (or is it my light oso problem??, oso not sure). After i learn about the fuel pump will heat up when fuel is too little, i avoid until fuel too low. Sometimes is ok la i think. Don't let it happen too often. Its should not be too easy to damage the pump anyway.

yeongk

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Mine also no lights up even reach the lower mark ... have been drive my car for pass 9 month didn't notice the low fuel light up ... but notice the car would start when really reach the lower mark. need to wait for the while then only can start ...

Rookie

Known Member
May 21, 2006
donCityZ said:
Rookie,

Last time i also a few times low fuel until lower than last mark. Then the light will light up (orange color). So i not sure about urs one why no lights up.. (or is it my light oso problem??, oso not sure). After i learn about the fuel pump will heat up when fuel is too little, i avoid until fuel too low. Sometimes is ok la i think. Don't let it happen too often. Its should not be too easy to damage the pump anyway.
Don,
Orange color light? what light is that?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
the light is the one that light up when first time put in key and
turn to ON position. That light will light up for a while (2-3 sec) then
go off (then only u start the car). that same light goes ON when fuel
is very very low.

shelter_7

Oct 24, 2005
Honda city G1 i think b4 type Z (yr 98)

hi guys i wonder if i could fit in here...saw many pages on the discussion of modding..but is there any like full page to tell how much to put skirts or anything on my city?

btw i dont think there's big diff rite in type z n a honda city sx1 yr 98?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Why replace your damaged windshields when you can get it repaired at the fraction of the cost? This "exclusive" service is currently available in Klang Valley.

• “State-of-the-Art” Equipment
- Using the only 100% fully computerized system in Malaysia thus making the repaired area almost invisible. The accurate amount of vacuum and pressure is always consistent which is why this technology is far more superior to the conventional method.

• Highest quality repair
- Quality of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience