High Rpm & fast water loss

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
Hey guys, need ur ppl advice 1st b4 sending my car to workshop; scared getting con by them~LOL

1. My car recently when stop ( not the engine off ), the rpm go until 1.5k-2.0k rpm. But when i put in gear it become normal again. When i stop n at free gear, it go crazy again~why is it behave like this..

2. The engine get overheated last month bcoz of fan no rotating but it is fixed already. Nw i noticed that the water in my radiator loss more faster than b4. Sometime i had to refill the water even i jz refill it yesterday. Fyi, i jz change new oil n coolants not long ago.

Any opinion will be much appreciated. Thank you.

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
i hav change the radiator cap last month coz the rubber worn. wat else could it be !!

i feels that my car also hav this misfire problem~grrrrrrrr

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sounds bad, please check whether there are traces of oil in the radiator, or check if there is a white-ish compound under ur oil filler cap sir. was the overheating dat bad?

the missfire may have beend triggered by the overheating prior

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
ok.. i will check it !!

actually when the engine overheat i don even know coz my temperature meter does't not move at all :( ~ i only knew about it is when i off the engine and hear some noise then i open the hood the water coming out from the radiator cap. The water is not flow out, it is goin up.lol

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
sounds bad, please check whether there are traces of oil in the radiator, or check if there is a white-ish compound under ur oil filler cap sir. was the overheating dat bad?

the missfire may have beend triggered by the overheating prior

no sign of oil in the radiator, oil filler cap is ok, no white-ish compound. Missfire is a serious problem or just a minor, will do great damage to engine??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
overheating is a bad thing. Check to see if your radiator or pipes is leaking water, maybe bocor.

What car are you using? TPS rosak perhaps? (erratic idling problem)

Misfiring? check your oils (mixed with coolant?), check the spark plugs, check for damaged gaskets and oil seals, etc

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
happened to a forumer as well, finally he did a top overhaul onto his engine & the problem was solved.

maybe u could check leaks in your radiator, but i suspected rust build up inside.

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
overheating is a bad thing. Check to see if your radiator or pipes is leaking water, maybe bocor.

What car are you using? TPS rosak perhaps? (erratic idling problem)

Misfiring? check your oils (mixed with coolant?), check the spark plugs, check for damaged gaskets and oil seals, etc

i think i jz find out wat was the cause of water loss fast. It's the aircond fan problem and the engine fan. It's running for a while and stop. I assume could be the wiring problem. This is annoying the last few days i check it still running:banghead:

I do notice a bit oil in the radiator water but it's not so serious like very oily. Sometimes it is clean.:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

happened to a forumer as well, finally he did a top overhaul onto his engine & the problem was solved.

maybe u could check leaks in your radiator, but i suspected rust build up inside.

a top overhaul, wah, that will cost me very much.. u are right my radiator is rusty. But i do try to clean it few times already and it is better than last time but still rusty. This car had cause me so much trouble...:bawling:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
oil shudnt exist in the radiator sir, the fact dat u found some shows dat sumthing was affectd by the overheating..

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
oil shudnt exist in the radiator sir, the fact dat u found some shows dat sumthing was affectd by the overheating..

Is this mean engine coolant leak inside the cylinder and the engine oil leak to the radiator !!!
But if something like this happen my exhaust gas will be white right. But the exhaust gas seems normal, only at morning it is white but jz for a while..

klywh1

Mar 11, 2009
if just very minor head gasket leak( water mixed with oil) u can't really see it in the exhaust gas, I suggest u to do a piston compression test before going for any top overhaul, the end result will tell u to do a top overhaul or not

cheers

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
if just very minor head gasket leak( water mixed with oil) u can't really see it in the exhaust gas, I suggest u to do a piston compression test before going for any top overhaul, the end result will tell u to do a top overhaul or not

cheers

Jz want to know, a piston compression test will require any specific tools to carry out such as computer or any device?? An Overhaul mainly involve seal, gasket & faulty parts replacement?

Meanwhile i had my fans fixed already, still the radiator water seems loss quite fast also. The idling problem still exist:mad:

klywh1

Mar 11, 2009
the foreman will take out 1 of the spark plug then insert the simple pressure gauge into the spark plug hole then crank the engine & capture the piston pressure reading & repeat the same process until all 4 psiton pressure reading captured no need computer but not every workshop have this tool so u should ask 1st , top overhaul/top set including head gasket, oring, vavle seal, oil seal & blarrrrrr becoz u dun know what kind of damage during the engine overheat process so playsafe & avoid double spending

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its not about the reading per say, but rather the consistency of the readings across the pistons sir.. compression on old engines depends on the way it has been taken care of

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello I'm from neighbor country Indonesia. I got the 6a13tt engine with the auto trans from malaysia. I am trying to find the FTO manual transmission to mate with the engine. But it's kind hard to find it here.

Just wondering if someone has ever locked the 6a13tt auto trans AWD and run it as the auto FWD?Can this be done?

rgds
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience