Hidden Speed Camera by the Road Barricades in Bordeaux - Bayonne Expressway, France

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

This is an crazily genuine way of hiding a speed camera on an expressway. According to one of my Facebook friends, here is the information in French about the speed camera.

NOUVEAU RADAR RN 10> >

MERCI DE FAIRE PASSER L'INFO!!!!

PRUDENCE!!! IL FAUDRA LE...VER LE PIED...
SUJET:
> RADAR SUR LA N10 DANS LE SENS : BORDEAUX - BAYONNE.
> > LIMITATION DE VITESSE : 110 km/h
> > IL Y DEPUIS LE 29 MARS UN RADAR INCORPORE A LA GLISSIERE SUR LA N10 >>>DANS LE SENS BORDEAUX / BAYONNE,
> APRES LA SORTIE N°15 « SOLFERINO (D44) SABRES / ESCOURCE »
> > > PAS DE PANNEAU DE SIGNALISATION BIEN SUR
And from Google Translate

NEW RADAR RN 10>>

THANKS FOR GETTING THE INFO!!

CAUTION! It will have ... VER THE FOOT ...
TOPIC:
> RADAR ON THE N10 IN THE DIRECTION: BORDEAUX - BAYONNE.
>> Speed ​​Limit: 110 km / h
>> THERE FROM RADAR Mar. 29 INCORPORATED ON THE SLIDE N10>>> SENSE IN BORDEAUX / BAYONNE,
> After the exit No. 15 "SOLFERINO (D44) SABRES / Escource"
>>> NO SIGN OF COURSE

So yes, I wonder when will the Malaysian Police do something like this to bust our ass? Time will tell.

Attachments

lyordson

Known Member
Mar 13, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Hidden Speed Camera by the Road Barricades in Bordeaux - Bayonne Expressway, Fran

dont u think its too easy to be seen? i would just break it easily. lol

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
Re: Hidden Speed Camera by the Road Barricades in Bordeaux - Bayonne Expressway, Fran

lol, maybe by breaking it, u have ur face on candid camera and the cops trace back to u, lol

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur

This is not workable in Malaysia. It will be gone the night it is installed considering so many 'recycle thieves' operating around the country. Our way of putting the speed camera underneath a flyover/bridge is more practical.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

well i would say, that camera would be more stealth, considering people would always remember a flyover bridge as a landmark, but yes, the camera would not stand a chance with our recycle thieves around, LOL

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006

I'll toast to that statement... :rofl:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007

first of all, this is not as hidden as u think at all! it is like a carnival where u can spot it yards away. hahahha!

2nd, i heard rumors saying malaysia already has this kinda thing and yes located under the bridges n flyovers - especially klang valley area. does anyone know if this is true or not?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

That's what I heard, cameras under flyovers/bridges. Even the Manual kind of cameras operated by policemen themselves, they hide under those flyovers as well. From far is hard to see something under those flyover's shadow. Usually will slow down when I see a flyover :biggrin:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

first of all, this is not as hidden as u think at all! it is like a carnival where u can spot it yards away. hahahha!

2nd, i heard rumors saying malaysia already has this kinda thing and yes located under the bridges n flyovers - especially klang valley area. does anyone know if this is true or not?
Well, I think when you are busy speeding, you might not notice such a tiny landmark like that, as opposed to a flyover bridge. Takes some time for your brain to process before you actually realise it! LOL

drMpower

May 1, 2006

dont hide the cameras
make them visible all the time
and then increase the summon value to 2 or 3 fold
or evaluate summon according to the type of cars or whatever
so that when u got caught speeding on camera, its ur own fault

for example a speed ticket for a kancil is 150 but the same speed ticket at the same place with the same speed limit for a GTR is 650. or 1150. and those foreign plated SING or THAI cars will have to pay up all the summons before going over the border. any less than that they got to spend days and nights in lock ups until someone pay for the summons.
of course this is just an idea and need further research n study

this is one way to make money, incredible amount of money for the police. haha. money from summons i buy supercars for the police. but with super proper training. i dont want any of them wrecking the SLS or the gallardo just like those unfortunate Evos.

i am all for safety and i think people CAN afford to pay up speed tickets that they go very fast

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

i think all the wrecks all come from a combination of factors

lack of police training budget

and terribly unsmooth roads of malaysia

if roads are like autobahn in germany, none of this would have happened

of course, their revenue would be dwindled, since malaysians love to speed, lol, imagine a highway without speed limit! madness, lol

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005

The recent posting on Facebook about permanent speed cameras under overhead bridges are just part of the Ops Sikap to reduce speeding vehicle IMO. First of all if they want to incorporate an automated speed camera it will be quite bulky and the need a laser to track the speeding vehicle and a camera that can follow the speeding vehicle as well. And from observation I don't see the speed cameras as posted on FB on those areas stated.
Malaysian Polis will normally hide between overhead bridges or by the side of the highway where it's slightly elevated. But I know for sure the speed trap detector works in Malaysia. Just don't know which brand to buy. Was on North South Highway a few months back and can see a speeding X6 from my rear view mirror. It suddenly reduced speed and cut to the left in front of me. About a km or two later there was a polis hiding under the bridge with a speed gun.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

dont hide the cameras
make them visible all the time
and then increase the summon value to 2 or 3 fold
or evaluate summon according to the type of cars or whatever
so that when u got caught speeding on camera, its ur own fault

for example a speed ticket for a kancil is 150 but the same speed ticket at the same place with the same speed limit for a GTR is 650. or 1150. and those foreign plated SING or THAI cars will have to pay up all the summons before going over the border. any less than that they got to spend days and nights in lock ups until someone pay for the summons.
of course this is just an idea and need further research n study

this is one way to make money, incredible amount of money for the police. haha. money from summons i buy supercars for the police. but with super proper training. i dont want any of them wrecking the SLS or the gallardo just like those unfortunate Evos.

i am all for safety and i think people CAN afford to pay up speed tickets that they go very fast
Isn't that a bit unfair? Regardless of what car you drive. As long you are speeding,
you are consider speeding which is already breaking the law. Unless you are talking
about maybe summoning cars according to how fast they drive, that might make more
sense bro. Is a huge amount if they were to see what kind of car they drive when they
speed. RM650/RM1150 for GTR summons just cuz they are richer? :confused:

omnikron

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005

Hi, just stumbled on this thread by accident as i am normally a lurker.

instead of penalizing by car, we should penalize by speed, Maybe 10% above speed limit = RM150, 100% above = Rm3000.00, means the higher you speed, the more you pay.

And regarding you will be able to SEE them at flyovers... the speed cameras are able to read your current speed and capture your picture all in a fraction of a second, and over 1KM away, by the time you can SEE the policeman, most probably they have already taken your picture.

Notice how our Malaysian police always look for long straight roads?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need to find chop shop contact, those very very old shop.....coz looking for very old stuff...

prefer with contact number.....can call to ask

kl or selangor area
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience