HID headlight conversion from ori.... OK or not OK?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
My original headlight HID control panel always gives problem simply because its located on the bumper which is at the lower part of the car...

Each time we speed through the rain water ponds, and when the water goes into the HID control panel, the headlight will sometime work and sometimes dont work...

Some of my frens with similar cars already converted to the ones recommended by the accessories shops.

Its of course cheaper than the ori.

Now my question is....

Is it ok to do such modifications?

Can all you guys out there give me your opinion and advice? Thanks in advance! :confused:

Last edited:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yes with projector headlights, i think the accessories shop rerouted it and place another type on the inside of the bonnet, sitting on the mudguard.

Also two HID bulbs included in the package.

Do you think its advisable to convert it?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
the bottom of car is protected by fender undershield and engine bottom undercover

if it is oem HID, i never see such problems

what car is that
Yes there are 2 compartments to shield the HID control panels, each one on left & right...

But they are not totally waterproof,

If you drive hard into a pond of rainwater, it will get wet and malfunction....

The car model is W211:burnout:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Yes there are 2 compartments to shield the HID control panels, each one on left & right...

But they are not totally waterproof,

If you drive hard into a pond of rainwater, it will get wet and malfunction....

The car model is W211:burnout:
pond of rainwater is supposed to slow down to cross the pond...not for u to high speed and cross it...

if the rainwater splashed into your intake suction(which is infront ur bumper) and goes into ur engine.....ur engine is bye2 too

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
pond of rainwater is supposed to slow down to cross the pond...not for u to high speed and cross it...

if the rainwater splashed into your intake suction(which is infront ur bumper) and goes into ur engine.....ur engine is bye2 too
Yes you are right Kenny,

But sometimes we just couldnt see or predict the depth of rainwater on the roads or highway...

So, very often we splash thru the ponds of water on the road...

In this case, the HID control panels are on the lower part of the car, on the bumpers, whereby the air suction intakes are on the top of the engine...

So, even if we splash thru the water pondings on the road, air suction intakes wont be affected..:wavey:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think custom a shield like what bro kenny said is best. Ori HID is most reliable. I used those cheap ones. Will see problems after 1 year. Uneven warm up time, different brightness, different colour etc. You will get irritated by these. Unless you want to use expensive ones like Michiba conversion set selling around RM 800 at my place. But what's the point?

Some more if jpj want to kacau, they see you use aftermarket HID, sure can kacau wan. Even though originally you got HID, but you convert to an aftermarket one.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I think custom a shield like what bro kenny said is best. Ori HID is most reliable. I used those cheap ones. Will see problems after 1 year. Uneven warm up time, different brightness, different colour etc. You will get irritated by these. Unless you want to use expensive ones like Michiba conversion set selling around RM 800 at my place. But what's the point?

Some more if jpj want to kacau, they see you use aftermarket HID, sure can kacau wan. Even though originally you got HID, but you convert to an aftermarket one.
OK la...

I wont convert la,....

But the control panel is very costly..

RM350 for a potong kereta used one..

Heavy rain means i got to drive very slowly...:driver:

N/A secret

Known Member
Aug 28, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
dun use HID la very glaring at night...just use normal h1/h4 bulbs good enuf edi..
philips blue xenon available ma.
better dont use HID conversion la bro, i got terrible experience liao using HID hahaha...went to the court somemore...better just use normal H4 bulbs like DanzEterna said...

HID advantages: Very bright, nice color, give that awesome look.
HID disadvantages: JPJ like to kacau, very glaring, +weight inside the car due to ballast and stuff.

Normal bulb advantages: lightweight on car heheh..not glaring, jpj didnt kacau you dude!:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever imagine what is the real meaning or specifications behind any vehicles sold in the market labeled with 5 stars safety rating?

This is the American rating for car crash safety rating:

Front crash:-

5 stars - 10 percent or less chance of serious injury

4 stars - 11 percent to 20 percent chance of serious injury

3 stars - 21 percent to 35 percent chance of serious injury

2 stars - 36 percent to 45...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience