HID Fog Lamp (JPJ)

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
usually the K stands for Kelvin, a measure use to tell the colour of 1 lights, in this case the lower the K the yellowish it gets. for our normal house fluorescent the white ones is 6500K & the yellowish ones is 3000K, 2700K is more to orange. to those who install them HID's, please look @ the lumens (lm) value too. if it's the same as the normal halogen it should be ok if not mistaken

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
4300-5000K have the best lumens (brightness) anything about 5K the lumens start to drop...infact 5000K lumens is already lower than 4300K.
Lumen is more important than Kelvin because lumens is what makes you see further and clearly....

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
4300-5000K have the best lumens (brightness) anything about 5K the lumens start to drop...infact 5000K lumens is already lower than 4300K.
Lumen is more important than Kelvin because lumens is what makes you see further and clearly....
agreed but need to think bout the spreadness of the beam oso, spot @ flood, that is the issue wit HID i think. Is it agreeable:confused:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
HID bulb tend to get whiter over its lifespan. so 4300k will slowly getting whiter overtime.
the beam spread/spot depends on the projector. proper HID projector will get sharp cutoff (usually DOT spec projector).

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
HID bulb tend to get whiter over its lifespan. so 4300k will slowly getting whiter overtime.
the beam spread/spot depends on the projector. proper HID projector will get sharp cutoff (usually DOT spec projector).
Completely agree. HID will need a good projector to focus the light otherwise it's just a very bright useless piece of equipment that annoys the hell out of oncoming traffic.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
speaking of fog light, anybody know any good aftermarket foglamp.?
round type, dia. around 2.5-3 inch.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
agreed but need to think bout the spreadness of the beam oso, spot @ flood, that is the issue wit HID i think. Is it agreeable:confused:
Actually, is the lens and projectors that controls the spread. That's why those OEM HID equip clear lens have Auto leveling function so that it don't glare opposite cars. For projector also need to have auto leveling.

The much annoy is those people who put HID into their clear reflector lens that don't have a front end cap to shield the light and the glare shield of most cheap HID are poorly made. Also need to take into consideration is that halogen bulb length and HID bulb length is different. What causes HID to glare so damn much is because the focus point and reflection point is all out when you just replace a halogen with a HID without tuning and adjustment.

speaking of fog light, anybody know any good aftermarket foglamp.?
round type, dia. around 2.5-3 inch.
I would look for Raybrig or those from Stanley..

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Actually, is the lens and projectors that controls the spread. That's why those OEM HID equip clear lens have Auto leveling function so that it don't glare opposite cars. For projector also need to have auto leveling.

The much annoy is those people who put HID into their clear reflector lens that don't have a front end cap to shield the light and the glare shield of most cheap HID are poorly made. Also need to take into consideration is that halogen bulb length and HID bulb length is different. What causes HID to glare so damn much is because the focus point and reflection point is all out when you just replace a halogen with a HID without tuning and adjustment.

I would look for Raybrig or those from Stanley..
HID have different light 'source' or arc compare to halogen. thats y its blinding when fitted into open reflector headlamp. especially H4 type, some i saw doesn't have any shield.. its like HI-beam with brighter output.. :banghead:

for H7 type still acceptable coz the reflector design.. but more preferably if can get H7R type HID bulb. got some shield 'painted' into the bulb capsule to reduce glare/blinding light.

thanx for the recommendation. :wavey:

Attachments

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think 4000 lumens and below should be safe to meet JPJ requirement.
Don't mix up Lumen with Kelvin...K is the temp of the light..Lumen is the brightness....

4300K also depends on luck...JPJ officer not some standard 3 students or noob....mood good let you pass, mood not good or got quota to fill up even 4300K you also not safe....they know how to tell OEM fitted HIDs from retrofitted ones.....what's more is they themselves also car kaki.....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
but 4000k below doesnt have.. only 3000K (or 3100K ?) in the market. this 1 sure yellow mellow one.. :rolleyes:
You want fog lights then the yellow ones are better to penetrate rain that is why called fog lights. If you want white lights those are spot lights...:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Don't mix up Lumen with Kelvin...K is the temp of the light..Lumen is the brightness....

4300K also depends on luck...JPJ officer not some standard 3 students or noob....mood good let you pass, mood not good or got quota to fill up even 4300K you also not safe....they know how to tell OEM fitted HIDs from retrofitted ones.....what's more is they themselves also car kaki.....
Bro. TR, but my friend got stopped by JPJ using the H4 crystal vision which is whitish blue. He argue ask officer to check that it is a bulb but officer insist is HID....:banghead::banghead:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
vr2, that why I said depends their mood.....mood no good or got quota....even bulb they also can putar until become HID....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
not assholes....just some dumbfuck....

Talking about fog lights A lot of Malaysian drivers also don't know what's the purpose of rear fog light also....keep them on even on normal night drive....Neh....thanks to the stupido Toyota that put rear fog light on local spec Vios.....now you see a lot of dumbfuck keeping their rear fog on day in, day out...like my neighbour daughter....until 1 day I saw her outside at night I told her, "girl you not living in Genting or foggy places please don't keep your rear fog light on every night can ah?"
This is my own LED light. Not foglight gua.
Okay mou? :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, anyone know where i can find VW golf halfcut? im looking for R32 parts. Thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience