hi...need some advise on car stereo...

hogaruddin

Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm starting to get tired with the Stock Car Stereo on my red Celica(7G). I've been shopping around the last 2 weeks now and still unable to make a decision. I'm just not really good when it comes to Car Audio....but really craving for a better setup. Went to Brother's a couple of times and few other audio shops(Klasse, KK Lau, Jaya Audio etc) but still not able to make the decision...my budget is around 3-4k...any advise?

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
dun go Brothers lah..... *shake head*

3-4k can get you a head unit, speakers and an amp..... dun expect branded though but sound quality will be much better than stock.... those cheap cheap brand can even throw in additional amp and a sub woofer....

hogaruddin

Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Went to KK Lau Car Audio today...installed a Kenwood DDX 7036BT...rm2900...reverse cam rm350...thinking of putting in an Aulux amp n replace the all stock speakers(with alpine) + with xover...another rm2800...should I go ahead...should I stick to the stock speaker or should I upgrade? Help...

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
good news!

one day can demo to us ar! :proud:

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
it would definately sound much better with component speakers and amps... :) add a subwoofer and it would be 'perfect'.....

hogaruddin

Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
At last after a week going back and forth to KK Lau Audio...I got it done...yooohooo!! Most probably this is not the best setup but this what I can afford...ok or not

Head Unit - Kenwood DDX7036BT(love the interfaces)
Amp - Aulux 4 channels
Front Speaker - Alpine G series 6 inches with Tweeter(and xcrossover)
Rear Speaker - Cerwin Vega 6 inches with Tweeter(and xcrossover)
2 Air Sound Modules
Iphone/Ipod Cable
2 Dynamats
Rearview Camera
PIAA bulbs
Damage - RM 7.300

I love doing this at KK Lau...next month upgrade

2 Channel Aulux Amp
Custom build Aulux Subwoofer
Capacitor....not sure yet what to buy...any suggestion?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Alright, this is a question I always wanted to ask but never got to. So here goes.
Is it possible to install a FUNCTIONAL rear wiper for a sedan which never had (in any variation) a rear wiper?
From what I could think of, it would involve drilling/punching/etc. a hole in the rear windscreen & hijacking the entire internals from another model with a rear windscreen wiper into this car. But then again, the prospect of putting a hole into the rear windscreen was something I had always doubted...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience