Hi from Kajang, Selangor. Newbie with a Satria 4G92 SOHC.

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Old ECU? Not sure whats ur ECU, adaptive one or not.
Modern Protons will adapt so need to unplug battery to reset.
Hmmm, mostly, open pod is bad for modern engines. :\

Finally you are back huh. How's touge? :biggrin:
Hahaha, no touge touge larh... I'm around, haven't disappeared to anyway. Its an MMC ecu, but the point here is that I always get bad comments and bad ideas that fixing a cap ayam brand open pod will bring NO GOOD WHATSOEVER. But I don't feel any of those thing happening...

Even though open pod design, how is the filtration of the elements of this chap ayam brand?
For eg. K & N ones have big pores for faster air flow.
But then again for open pod you may need Cold Air Intake
True true, I am not sure about the filtration elements of this brand compared to other brands because this is actually the FIRST open pod I layed my hands on. But I'm just wondering because I always get negative comments for using cap ayam brand, I've seen people saying that they lose top end and unable to rev past bla bla bla rpm. But I just don't feel those thing happening...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha, no touge touge larh... I'm around, haven't disappeared to anyway. Its an MMC ecu, but the point here is that I always get bad comments and bad ideas that fixing a cap ayam brand open pod will bring NO GOOD WHATSOEVER. But I don't feel any of those thing happening...

True true, I am not sure about the filtration elements of this brand compared to other brands because this is actually the FIRST open pod I layed my hands on. But I'm just wondering because I always get negative comments for using cap ayam brand, I've seen people saying that they lose top end and unable to rev past bla bla bla rpm. But I just don't feel those thing happening...
Maybe the Cap Ayam Open Pod has the same air flow as ur oem box. :hahaha:
Free ke?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not all the same mah.....:driver:

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe the Cap Ayam Open Pod has the same air flow as ur oem box. :hahaha:
Free ke?
As mentioned in this thread, my car was originally an Automatic. So when I converted to Manual, the placing of the cable is not proper as it is wedged between the distributor and air box. The only option was to fixed this open pod and the cable is free again. *FYI: The cable is showing signs of worn off at the site of wedging.

You might be right about it having the same air flow as my oem box. As long its not detrimental to my performance, I think I can live with it.

Not all the same mah.....:driver:
Is it possible that... I've gotten my hands on some cap ayam brand that can perform as good as a branded one? Nahh, couldn't be that... TEE HEE!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As mentioned in this thread, my car was originally an Automatic. So when I converted to Manual, the placing of the cable is not proper as it is wedged between the distributor and air box. The only option was to fixed this open pod and the cable is free again. *FYI: The cable is showing signs of worn off at the site of wedging.

You might be right about it having the same air flow as my oem box. As long its not detrimental to my performance, I think I can live with it.

Is it possible that... I've gotten my hands on some cap ayam brand that can perform as good as a branded one? Nahh, couldn't be that... TEE HEE!
Mine was from auto to Manual too, but I am using hydraulic, not cable....:biggrin:

Probably same as OEM as mentioned, not branded one. OEM also made for mah:driver:....hahahaha:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all sifus,
need ya help....
Last july stuck in roadblock and then JPJ give me letter to go inspetion, a week after that my car accident and I forgot about it. I even lost the letter.huhu.

Today i check my car no plate at JPJ website and its blacklisted. What is the best way to settle this. My car is currently doing wide body and is in painting processs now. can endorse like this?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience