Hi from Kajang, Selangor. Newbie with a Satria 4G92 SOHC.

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
So I've been a great fan and follower of Zerotohundred.com, and I've been around awhile just that I haven't really made an appearance. So here goes my introduction with some pictures of my ride ;)

I drive a Proton Satria 1.6 with a 4G92 engine. I got it when I was still in my Form 5 at the end of the year during my SPM, that is like 3 years ago. My family is loves to save money and so the best way to save money with a car was to fix it with NGV. Driving on petrol gets meto a top of 150km/h and if I am on gas then it would be about 130km/h. So there I am, driving a Proton Satria with a 70kg tank at the back of the car leaving me with no boot space at all but as a student... I have to appreciate the 8 cents per kilometer that I am getting with an auto transmission with all the ENDLESS SPRINTS and ENDLESS SWAYING IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC with the PEDAL TO THE METAL!.

Naturally as a student, what I first did was slap on bodykits and carbon fiber stickers and then dark tints. But the hunger for power could never ever be satisfied with an automatic transmission running on NGV.

The auto transmission has always been a pain in the ass for me because I was the type that would would step the pedal to the metal like every time when I got into my car. So after many gearbox overhaul, early this year it happened... My father got so pissed off with the parasitic auto gearbox and decided to change it to a manual transmission which was for me, A DREAM COME TRUE! Fuel consumption went down to a surprising 5 cents per kilometer and the power of a Manual transmission with a known pocket rocket like the Proton Satria, I was overwhelmed and the hunger for power was satisfied. I could do tire spins now and even going up to speeds of 170km/h if I am running on petrol and up to 150km/h if I am on gas. I was satisfied, for awhile but then the need to give it the RICER's touch came back to me. I had to go down to the exhaust shop to get an exhaust fixed. Naturally, if you are driving an Automatic. The advantages of an exhaust system is very limited but now I was on manual, so straight flow was the way to go. I changed the extractors to 4 to 1 stainless steel (I guess its called CAP AYAM since it wasn't branded), a full 2 inch piping, one middle bullet and at the back was a straight flow fat ass exhaust. It was a great set up because the exhaust notes kicks in at 3000rpm and anywhere below that was as silent as stock. It got my top speed moved up a little to about 185km/h for petrol and about 165km/h for gas. But the fuel consumption went from a good 5 cent per kilometer to the same old 8 cents per kilometer. The price we pay for performance.

Driving manual was a dream come true to me, and so I whacked every corners and every straights like it was my last day driving. I was in Temerloh, Pahang for my clinical posting. I was there for 1 month and I found a touge road. I would head down there every night and drove on it like a touge master. So at the end of my posting, going back down Karak Highway. Something awful happened to my car...

I was devastated with what happened but something else was in my mind, the chance of transplanting a 4G93 into that engine bay. But due to my parent's decision of keeping it affordable, all I got was a 4G92. The same heart...but with a Mitsubishi name on it instead of Proton. Anyway, since the engine was in a better condition compared to the one before. I got the chance to pour in a better engine oil, so I got Shenzo HIGH RPM Racing Oil 15W40 100% SN.

So that concludes the story of my car so far, as I am still a student so the budget is really tight. But I am planning for a better intake, better camshaft, maybe to hybrid it to a Mivec. But a story for another time as it all cost money and money don't fall from the sky. Thank you to all those that stick till the end of the post!

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Nice story man. Isn't it quite far away from Kajang to Karak? I'm at Kepong, only 15mins away. Haha.
You are 22 years old but you have experienced a lot. So nice... I'm only 1 year younger than you.
How did it go when you tell your dad everytime your gb kong ah? Haha.
If my gb kong, my parents are gonna be freaking mad.

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Nice story man. Isn't it quite far away from Kajang to Karak? I'm at Kepong, only 15mins away. Haha.
You are 22 years old but you have experienced a lot. So nice... I'm only 1 year younger than you.
How did it go when you tell your dad everytime your gb kong ah? Haha.
If my gb kong, my parents are gonna be freaking mad.
Haha dude, where did you get 22 years old from? I'm only 20 ;) and well lucky for me I am driving a PROTON so when I said gearbox had problems my father and the mechanic was like "Proton will always be proton". Yeah, Kajang is quite far away from Karak but I had to be in Temerloh, Pahang for my clinical postings so I had to go down there...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Haha dude, where did you get 22 years old from? I'm only 20 ;) and well lucky for me I am driving a PROTON so when I said gearbox had problems my father and the mechanic was like "Proton will always be proton". Yeah, Kajang is quite far away from Karak but I had to be in Temerloh, Pahang for my clinical postings so I had to go down there...
Oh, now it make sense. 17+3. HAHAHA. So same age then.
I'm a Proton kaki too. Persona 4sp A/T also. But regretted it.
So I have been down shifting manually. Your's before is 3 speed right?
My friend whacked it like hell but still no faults. Haha.
What time are u driving at Karak? 3am? :biggrin:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Nice write up dude. Btw, your previous engine block bocor? what is ur engine RPM speed normally u drive since you're "pedal to metal" style?

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Oh, now it make sense. 17+3. HAHAHA. So same age then.
I'm a Proton kaki too. Persona 4sp A/T also. But regretted it.
So I have been down shifting manually. Your's before is 3 speed right?
My friend whacked it like hell but still no faults. Haha.
What time are u driving at Karak? 3am? :biggrin:
Hahaha, wasn't at 3 am but at 7 pm. Nope, it was a 4 speed auto. Maybe I was just the unlucky one, or it could be because it was running on NGV caused the problems.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Nice write up dude. Btw, your previous engine block bocor? what is ur engine RPM speed normally u drive since you're "pedal to metal" style?
Hahaha, well if it is town driving then I just usually keep it low @ 3000rpm but sometimes gunning it for the sake of the exhaust notes then I will go up about to 5500rpm before up shifting. But for touge at Temerloh, Pahang back roads heading towards Bera Waterfront, the RPM is generally kept high @4000rpm during the corners on 3rd gear.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
wow, you're a true spirited driver. Change your both engine and gear oil often to keep it healthy. Do change a good tyres seem you love to whack corner and cruise in high speed.

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
wow, you're a true spirited driver. Change your both engine and gear oil often to keep it healthy. Do change a good tyres seem you love to whack corner and cruise in high speed.
Hahaha, yeah... I'm running on 14 inch Toyota Vios E Stock Rims wrapped with Goodyear Duraplus. I don't have to tell you why I guess since I'm already driving on NGV to save money so not why save money on the tires too. Speaking of spirited driving, I changed to manual early February this year with brand new clutch. When I did the engine transplant, the mechanic had to change the clutch too as it was worn off already. I guess it was because of the constant tire spinning and maybe the aggressive downshifting during touge.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha, wasn't at 3 am but at 7 pm. Nope, it was a 4 speed auto. Maybe I was just the unlucky one, or it could be because it was running on NGV caused the problems.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Hahaha, well if it is town driving then I just usually keep it low @ 3000rpm but sometimes gunning it for the sake of the exhaust notes then I will go up about to 5500rpm before up shifting. But for touge at Temerloh, Pahang back roads heading towards Bera Waterfront, the RPM is generally kept high @4000rpm during the corners on 3rd gear.
If 3am, may get the chance to race the legendary yellow volks Polo. :biggrin:
Hey, 5500rpm is not that bad. My Campro peak HP is at 6000rpm, i often rev til 5500rpm when I have petrol to play with.

Hahaha, yeah... I'm running on 14 inch Toyota Vios E Stock Rims wrapped with Goodyear Duraplus. I don't have to tell you why I guess since I'm already driving on NGV to save money so not why save money on the tires too. Speaking of spirited driving, I changed to manual early February this year with brand new clutch. When I did the engine transplant, the mechanic had to change the clutch too as it was worn off already. I guess it was because of the constant tire spinning and maybe the aggressive downshifting during touge.
Should be your downshifting style. Hahaha Get a transmission oil cooler la.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wahhhh..u over-revving your car so much meh???

please drive a bit slower....because even on the road u knew very well, there is always something to surprise u and if that happens, it usually doesnt look good... :adore:

well for me with the same engine as your....but at least i can enjoy 2 goodness....1stock auto...another one full race manual..so drive on while keeping it safe :driver:

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
wahhhh..u over-revving your car so much meh???

please drive a bit slower....because even on the road u knew very well, there is always something to surprise u and if that happens, it usually doesnt look good... :adore:

well for me with the same engine as your....but at least i can enjoy 2 goodness....1stock auto...another one full race manual..so drive on while keeping it safe :driver:
Finally, a 4G92 sifu in the house! Anyway, after the engine transplant I tried to keep the air cond on to give me a restriction from gunning the engine. So from what you are saying, you have 2 cars with 4G92 and one if an auto transmission and one is a fully racing manual? I've got to get some tips from you soon because I seldom see people starting threads about 4G92.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

If 3am, may get the chance to race the legendary yellow volks Polo. :biggrin:
Hey, 5500rpm is not that bad. My Campro peak HP is at 6000rpm, i often rev til 5500rpm when I have petrol to play with.

Should be your downshifting style. Hahaha Get a transmission oil cooler la.
Hahaha, I might be aggressive in my driving but I don't think aggressive driving is enough to be challenging any Polo yet. I had transmission oil cooler when I was driving an Auto and even so it wasn't doing any good for the automatic transmission. Yeah, it must be the downshifting style that caused the clutch to be worn out but it was necessary for late braking scenarios even with disc brakes at all 4 corners of the car. You could imagine how LATE is LATE braking ;)

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Finally, a 4G92 sifu in the house! Anyway, after the engine transplant I tried to keep the air cond on to give me a restriction from gunning the engine. So from what you are saying, you have 2 cars with 4G92 and one if an auto transmission and one is a fully racing manual? I've got to get some tips from you soon because I seldom see people starting threads about 4G92.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Hahaha, I might be aggressive in my driving but I don't think aggressive driving is enough to be challenging any Polo yet. I had transmission oil cooler when I was driving an Auto and even so it wasn't doing any good for the automatic transmission. Yeah, it must be the downshifting style that caused the clutch to be worn out but it was necessary for late braking scenarios even with disc brakes at all 4 corners of the car. You could imagine how LATE is LATE braking ;)
The Polo i was talking about isn't some 'normal' Polo. :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

me no sifu la....normal ppl only....

if u search slowly u'll see how many 4g92 info in here..just go through one by one :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Official Invitation to:

INTERCLUB D.I.Y. GATHERING @ AUTOCHILD
- First Episode -

Date: 21st August 2005
Time: 9am to 2pm
Location: Hicom Glenmarie Industrial Park, Shah Alam <-- CLICK FOR MAP
Organizer: WISE Auto Club...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience