hi everyone,

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hi im a newbie here, to all sifus, im driving perdana evo 3, one month ago , i just changed the head gasket and the o ring, but yesterday after i reach jb from seremban, i noticed the the gasket sealer melted and black oil leaked, i never boost on the highway, was just cruising 100 - 120kmh , can anyone let me know what can be the problem , and its evo 3 standard engine. thx

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hi im a newbie here, to all sifus, im driving perdana evo 3, one month ago , i just changed the head gasket and the o ring, but yesterday after i reach jb from seremban, i noticed the the gasket sealer melted and black oil leaked, i never boost on the highway, was just cruising 100 - 120kmh , can anyone let me know what can be the problem , and its evo 3 standard engine. thx
Welcome to ZTH.....:driver:

You mean Rocker cover rubber gasket? The sealant just to complete the sealing effect in case the rubber does not do the job properly.
If sealant melts then wrong sealant being used. The rubber gasket is original? Normally if original the seal is pretty good.
Does the Evo3 have a half moon rubber seal at the side? Is it leaking from there?

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
yes the rocker cover rubber gasket, yes its leaking from the half moon & at front of the rocker cover but the back of the cover looks fine, could it be because i never stop to cool down the engine ,when travelling from seremban to jb

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sending the car tommorow to re do the gasket. Will update once done , thx for the input
Check whether he change the half moon rubber gasket too. It will also harden with time and use.
Tighten with even pressure all round...

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi bros, I already done my gasket, and everything was going perfectly till yesterday, now my car cannot boost and when on 1st and 2nd gear , I have to rev more than usual, to move the car, any Idea what can cause this problem. Thx

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Just now, on the highway from , able to boost, but now 1st gear cannot boost at all, 2nd, 3rd and 4th is normal but engine but whenever I try to boost feel like the engine is rough . Dunno its the sensor or leaking or because of clog. Bros any idea. Thx

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just now, on the highway from , able to boost, but now 1st gear cannot boost at all, 2nd, 3rd and 4th is normal but engine but whenever I try to boost feel like the engine is rough . Dunno its the sensor or leaking or because of clog. Bros any idea. Thx
I had this problem before but mine is all gears. Mine because waste gate was opened

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The hot hatch arena just got tighter with the Renault Megane RS tossing its hat into the ring. Recently, we spotted one in the pits of Sepang International Circuit, and the timing was perfectly in line with Renault Malaysia’s promise of bringing in the hatch towards the end of the year.

Sitting under the hood is a 2-liter turbocharged inline-...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience