Hennessey Venom GT puts down over 800hp without traction control w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The Goodwood Festival of Speed is just around the corner and some of the finest rides in the world are gearing up to be displayed there or for the Goodwood Hill Climb. The latter always has some of the most exotic cars and some racecars from yesteryear at the starting line, eager to make short work of the hill as they flex their muscles.

One of the more notable entries this year for the hill climb will be the Hennessey Venom GT. The Veyron-killer will be making its Goodwood debut and Hennessey are pulling out all the stops to ensure nothing goes wrong during the event.

So the boys have been busy testing and preparing the Venom GT for Goodwood at an old English airfield. They even got John Heinricy to get behind the wheel of the car and put it through its paces.

So how does over 800hp sound like in the back of an extended Lotus Elise? Well it sounds like the God gargling chainsaws. If you’re also wondering how does the car put down all that power in the body of an Elise, wonder no more. As the video states, the ground was slightly damp and yet the car managed to lay down its brute power without the help of traction control.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QuqqK73ImxM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
lotus should do this long time agooooooo :driver:

don't rely fully on those puny 1.8liter k-series and 1.8liter vvt engine....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi Master there,
i'm a junior in this scene.
I wish to convert my 4g15 dohc 16V to 4g93t,is it possible?
if ok,then the 4g93t should be in range of 96-98 version,rite?
1. i got ask 1 workshop,to complete the conversion,i need to pay around 7K++,is it ok?
2. then my dashboard and many xtra should be match as the halfcut,rite?so may i retain my original dashboard and xtra?And my car is original 4wd,is that need to b locked 4 the conversion?
3.so if the dashboard and the xtra thing is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience