Hennessey-tuned SUV leaves GT-R for dead on the strip

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

There are tuners out there that do the just what their title implies, tuning up vehicles with bumps up in power and ensuring that all the supporting hardware and software can sope with the added power. Then there are tuners like John Hennessey. The sheer lunacy of some of the vehicles that come out of his shop make just begs so many questions that all the horsepower under the hood fail to answer. But then again tha't precisely the point.

This time around, Hennessey has plonked two turbochargers in the engine bay of a Cadillac Escalade to give it 1,000hp and then pits it against a Nissan GT-R. The team at Hennessey Performance Engineering started out with a 6.2-liter Chevy LSX crate engine and threw every bit of their tuning prowess into it. That includes twin ball-bearing turbos and all the necessary forged internals to avoid the mill blowing to bits, just like some early GT-R transmissions.

The video shows shows the 1,000hp SUV, with a kerb weight of 2,600kg, blowing the GT-R away on the quarter mile with a time of 11.3-seconds. Granted, the GT-R is no anorexic poster child as well but for something that weighs 2.6 tons to do the century sprint in 3.3-seconds is just beyond fathoming.

Bear in mind though that as awesome as the video is, there's really no point to it at all. It's akin to comparing ear wax and kangaroos, that's how crazy it is. The best bit is that the package can be fitted to any General Motors truck.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NXpV8_LXrCM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

Source: Hennessey

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
i've enjoyed reading this article in grin in Jalopnik last night and thinking ZtH should put this in. Now we have it... u guys rock.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Signature:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
hehehe.. yea, true... but on d 2nd thought, that's why drag race exists and ppl love it, yes?

still, i can't resist to have 1000hp SUV like this. drive upon NKVE or federal highway and hi-beam to stock GTR...(before that GTR tapau u back on d 1st bend ahead, lol)... ok laaa....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I went to a performance shop in pg and came across a earospeed carbon fiber muffler.......veryvery nice.....when i was abt to leave the shop, a putra came the shop and VooOom.......the exhaust sound veryvery sweet.....he uses a carbon fiber muffler which i saw earlier on in the shop........so i was wandering it is a good muffler or normal muffler like Apexi N1 muffler ? which would you guys prefer.......

Please advice....... <_< :( :blink...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience