help with laptop

Booost

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
pls help ppl...im using win98...n for the past few days..almost 1 week, i realised that when i right click on anyfile for example a pic file, if im connected to the internet, it takes like almost 10 secs for the box to come up.....BUT if im NOT connected to the internet n when i right click, it ask me whther to "work offline" or connect!

u guys should be familiar with the box if u start IE without internet connection. thats the box i get if im NOT connected to the internet n right click. but if im connected n right click, it takes like 10 secs or more to take the box to come out!!!

pls help..wats wrong with my comp!! it has not been like this for the past 3 1/2 years but now got prob! pls help z-thians!!

:( :(

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Hv u update your machinewith latest virus signature?
Try to update it and perform a detail scan.
Maybe once you connectto internet, the virus start to take over your machine resources and kick off the scripts thats why pulling your machine down.

Booost

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
hhhmmm...good idea!! thanks DEVIL!!! anymore? 11 views n only 1 reply? come on ppl!!! put ur thinking cap on!!

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
How much ram do you have? what apps are running? Its not necessarily a virus.

could be fragmented files are very bad esp in Windows after a while. Corrupted files on the hard disk. etc etc.

Most common is RAM. How much you got? try upgrading to 256/384 its worthwile.
Tr degrag first if that doesn't help upgrade ur ram. If that doesn't work u got urself a virus.. do the virus first..
r'gards

Booost

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
hhhm....ok..firstly this doesnt even happened to me b4 which im running 128mb n with the same application but it didn even lag when i right clicked.. n ive scanned my harddisk for viruses and alse defrag it!

anyway..im still trying to find the source of the prob!

thanks devil n donchichi!
:D :D :D

nicky5

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
ipoh ..
virus la... sending info one.. update ie6 then see.. and search hidden file name folder.htt... definitely a illegal script la.. uninstall antivirus and reinstall will pop out quarantine warning...job done

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Its also possible that one of the services or applications that load at bootup is sucking up CPU processes or Memory. Do check what is running when you boot up. Might look like nothing but could be hanging around in memory eating it like a quarter pounder! :lol:

son

Nov 18, 2003
try install norton internet security ....it will check/scan any back door program!!! i think got program in ur laptop trying to send info to internet when u right click.

good luck.

Booost

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by donchichi@Feb 4 2004, 03:22 PM
Its also possible that one of the services or applications that load at bootup is sucking up CPU processes or Memory. Do check what is running when you boot up. Might look like nothing but could be hanging around in memory eating it like a quarter pounder! :lol:
yea...thats wat im thinking too..but where i can check tt boot-up? ive tried the system informtaion but its ok...and....anyone know where n how i can modify the box of the right-click function to appear only wat i wan to n not those unnecessary crap!?!

son,
thanks for tt too!! :D

thanks donchichi n son!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's for my drum brakes in a SV4. Anybody has any experience with it?? I'm not a street racer but I do go up and down genting alot. Also, I'm pretty agressive in my driving at times. Just want to know if these brakes can cut it. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience