HELP - Wira's (sedan) boot flooded

NRC

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Good day,

I would like to ask is there any excellent repairman that can assist with this water-leaking-in-the-boot problem ? Area: PJ / Subang / KL. Any advise ?

I think it's due to the accident caused by the other driver many years ago. :shakehands::shakehands:

Thanks.

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Check :
1. bonnet rubber lining for loose or water entry point.
2. rear light for water intrusion.

DIY method, pour a bucket of water while the trunk lid is closed. Open up and see if there is a dripping / wet on the carpet in and out.
Do a few times and you should be able to identify the culprit.
Usually it was the rubber lining out of glue, rear light not tightened properly or worst case from an accident ; tiny space between the trunk lid cover and bonnet.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Does your boot close properly?
How wide is the gap between the boot and the body when closed?
How old is the rubber seal around the boot and rear tail lamps?
Do you have water issues in your tail lamps?

It might actually just be a faulty rubber seal around the area. Change all the rubber seals and silicon sealant re-seal the rear tail lamps. Should do the trick.

NRC

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Thanks for the replies.

It closes properly (I think). The rubber seal is quite old (at least 6 years - from the prev. owner). Tail lamp is the after market type just changed 2 years ago. No water issue in my tail lamps.

Okay. I'll try to test it too - DIY method. :five: