help pls, fan belt / aircond belt "chirping"

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
Hi, I know theres is alot cars on the road facing same problem, the fan belt / aircond belt is making noise.
Mine happends after my mech change my timing belt :mad: it is damn annoying, no matter the engine is on idle or revving, it still making noise.
I called up the mech, he says just spray some lubs on the pully of the belt well after spray it just last 1 day then it comes again...i check on the belt, well it seems abit loosen coz can see it is fluctuating in spinning motion.
So is tat mech loosen the belt? can I make it tight again but adjusting the nut? or it is time to change the belt (it has been 50k without changing the belt)? Pls help.. thanks!! :D

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
loose belt or unalign belt/pulleys can generate the noise. try tight it again.

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
headshot said:
Hi, I know theres is alot cars on the road facing same problem, the fan belt / aircond belt is making noise.
Mine happends after my mech change my timing belt :mad: it is damn annoying, no matter the engine is on idle or revving, it still making noise.
I called up the mech, he says just spray some lubs on the pully of the belt well after spray it just last 1 day then it comes again...i check on the belt, well it seems abit loosen coz can see it is fluctuating in spinning motion.
So is tat mech loosen the belt? can I make it tight again but adjusting the nut? or it is time to change the belt (it has been 50k without changing the belt)? Pls help.. thanks!! :D
that's normal with new belts i think. but if only the timing belt is changed, it shouldn't happen. unless ur mechanic also adjusted ur aircond/alternator belts. there are commercial products out there to reduce squeeking, but personally, i haven't tried them out yet so i can't give any advice on that.

ierulink

Jan 17, 2005
Selangor
Visit site
Better for u to check the belt tension. refer to your car manual on how to check the belting tension. if it's loose, tighting it might solve the problem.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Try using Top Glide. Available from Brothers. Cost about RM9 or something like that. Drop it on the belt while it's running and listen to the sound either reduced or totally vanish. Been using it for years now.

KeonG

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2004
K.L ®
Visit site
satria_95 said:
Try using Top Glide. Available from Brothers. Cost about RM9 or something like that. Drop it on the belt while it's running and listen to the sound either reduced or totally vanish. Been using it for years now.
Bro, u applied ONCE then can last for few years or u need to apply the Top Glide certain time?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi zthians...

noob here speaking.. wanna ask u guys here is Promote really JPJ approved? if we do it at daiichi, do we get an approve letter :deal: or sumthing like dat? But all i wanna know is Promote REALLY JPJ compliant.. tx. n pls don bang me..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience