Help on Honda Civic eg8 upgrade!!

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
I am asking help for my fren, to shorten the story, i actually know 1 fren same class with me, driving eg8 b16 turbo, but, sadly is, he is totally new in car, he buy the car from other people, 40k, with stock absorber, rear disc brake, eg small stock front brake and 15" rim :stupid::bawling:

the sad thing is, his car got the power but he cant use it since the car's braking force not enough according to him..... therefore, i ask my mech to help him and quote him a price for upgrading....

my mech quote him rm2k for:

-dc2 front brake and slotted the front rotor
-new pads(IMP or bendix) since he use stock pad :stupid::bawling:
-steel braided hoses all 4 wheels
-workmanship

i dunno much on honda price, but the halfcut shope quote rm600 or 800 , i forgot dy, for the dc2 brake alone.... is the price for from the halfcut shop reasonable ? i feel my mech open reasonable dy but i dunno all kaki honda feel.... my fren say quite expensive and din upgrade, i feel sad when saw a nice vtec turbo drive like auntie :stupid:.....

any honda sifu can help? any other cheap alternative upgrade? my fren say wanna get 4 potter(after he saw my brembo brakes around my car) but after i tell him at least 2k for the 4potter alone :deal:, he just :vroam::vroam: ..... or should i just dun bother him and :biggrin::thefinger::thefinger: :biggrin::biggrin: ..... i dun wan do this since he is my only fren here who is kaki main motor..:biggrin: .... lol

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
wah, rm40k for powerful engine but std items in the car...the owner must have removed the stuff before selling the car..........

tell yr fren better buy the parts himself then pasang at your mech.....at least could save a few hundred bucks there.......

if wan brembo but cannot afford, but the cover caliper enuf la rm15 only haha.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
wah, rm40k for powerful engine but std items in the car...the owner must have removed the stuff before selling the car..........

tell yr fren better buy the parts himself then pasang at your mech.....at least could save a few hundred bucks there.......

if wan brembo but cannot afford, but the cover caliper enuf la rm15 only haha.
he is newbie,later go buy water hose or vacuum hose for the brake then how?? :biggrin::biggrin: the engine might got reliable issue, might use standard piston and lapit lots of thick metal gasket as i saw that day:biggrin::biggrin: i ask what management he use, he still not sure, say greddy, might be emanage kot:biggrin::biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
wah newbie straight away play honda turbo ah.......
u mean 2 metal gaskets sandwhiched between ah.......not dangerous meh....better 1 whole piece rite...

haha...sure emanage la tu....or maybe std ecu with greddy sticker :)

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
huge risk buying something like that....id say b4 going ahead with upgrading the brake system....go find a mech that can diagnose the car first...Vtec + turbo doesnt necessarily mean more power.

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
seems like ur fren bought that car like buying candy:hmmmm:
bring ur fren to someone that u can trust if not,afraid ppl will take advantage on him...:burnout:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
best thing to do first step after buying turbo car
go diagnose for any possible problem
possibly a top overhaul then you can see the piston condition as well from the top only of course
and rotate the crank by hand to see if the rods and crank are alright
hondas are expensive no doubt
but 40k for a near stock vtec turbo sounds a bit steep

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Watch this incredibly balanced machine, take on the Autopolis track. He laps a respectable 1:54:09 minute around the Autopolis track. His machine is so balanced that it could carve the corners around the circuit so easily. The V-TEC sound is synonimous with all things Honda, so a video not to be missed.

YouTube - Kyushu-danji NSX
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience