Help Needed >> Buying Recond EK3

Mar 17, 2006
Hi all sifu's,

I'm planning to get a recond EK3 (1996 / 2000). It's a 1.5 D15B unit and well kept.

1. What are the things i need to check or verify before paying for it?

2. Do i need to send it to Puspakom for a check?

3. How I do i go about with the AP?

Any other things i need to know please share with me..

Many thanks..n cheers...

bro_torex

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
How much you bought for that car?

Care to share?

juhari eg6

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2005
KL
HONDA CIVIC EK3 97/99 RM45K -, standard EK3, no modification, urgent sale, price (neg), call 012-971 7929, 012-901 1340 - From Motor Trader

anyway check whether
1. all the documents is genuine, the engine number and the chasis, that's the most important thing,overall engine bay n body,ignore the engine if u wanna go for DOHC VTEC transplant,check out the pink slipt.

2.Of course, u need to send the car for inspection and then u can proceed with the next stage

3. Get all the document from the previous financer, or if u brought it urself, consult with the custom officer, they'll help u, just the matter of time. i.e. AP.Custom Form etc.

4. Proceed with the loan submission with the bank, or ignore it if u wanna go for cash.

5. Wait until 1-2 weeks, sign the agreement and there you go, the EK3 is legally yours.

juhari eg6

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2005
KL
yeah rite...ha start the engine, important gak tu..check la if got leaking or not,the sound of the machine,but anyway it's well kept rite, no problem lah

bro_torex

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
juhari eg6 said:
yeah rite...ha start the engine, important gak tu..check la if got leaking or not,the sound of the machine,but anyway it's well kept rite, no problem lah

Juhari,

look like your avatar is k20a engine right?

Do you owned that engined? Do you know where i can find that engine and how much is the budget? You know?

Thanks for your reply.

edy7311

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Visit site
civic gen6 said:
Hi all sifu's,

I'm planning to get a recond EK3 (1996 / 2000). It's a 1.5 D15B unit and well kept.
1. What are the things i need to check or verify before paying for it?
-check blue tag around radiator tank or groove word at body panel. must hav EK3...

2. Do i need to send it to Puspakom for a check?
-if submit loan, finance need puspakom result. either u or owner, must sent to pspakom..

3. How I do i go about with the AP?
-finance need AP to proses loan. ori form, keep by kastam. owner/finance, only got fotostat copy. if u can get that AP number only, it's ok for finance..

Any other things i need to know please share with me..
-as usual, check the condition lah. ask previous owner abt his car history.. got saman or not! blacklist by JPJ/pulis ka.. or, wanted by somebody! then, u buy this car.. then 'kena' lor! haha..

but MOST IMPORTANT THING is.. make sure recond car are not potong & sambung! :X-:

juhari eg6

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2005
KL
that's rite,,no cut n paste here,,or cut and join or whatevermm if not your car sure kena seal dgn jpj....

juhari eg6

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2005
KL
bro_torex said:
Juhari,

look like your avatar is k20a engine right?

Do you owned that engined? Do you know where i can find that engine and how much is the budget? You know?

Thanks for your reply.
no lah mine is not k20a,that's ma fren's engine,,,inside ek body,mine is only stock b16a dats all,price is around RM18k just for the engine ok, plus wiring and harness ecu will come to Rm20k++ (RM20k complete set is the cheapest la for now)

bro_torex

Known Member
Jun 28, 2006
Is that K20A with 4 throttle in your avatar??

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
try searching for GH-EK3 la... nicer looks ori spec99 from jap. If u want JDM civic... try looking for one in Kuching. price is cheaper compared to KL but with s'wak number plates la...

just for info... a fren of mine compared the price of toyota ipsum. In Kuching it is 10k cheaper than KL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello zth bros, anybody using Code Alarm model 6552 here care to share their experiences?..Plan to install this to my car but as far as i know this brand is not as popular as Clifford/Viper/Steelmate/Crimefighter..I used to install EasyCar alarm to car my and it had this stupid problem such as lock and unlocking by itself even though it's been locked before i leave the car!..I'm still considering the Viper Responder 350 or the Code Alarm 6552, price wise viper is a couple of hundreds...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience