Help! Need advice on wax/polish for new car to protect paint

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Those prefer good 'deal' car wash will believe water wax...

PS : Even with mixing soft99 into the water while drying the car last longer then these 'water wax' - they meant for waterfish customer :stupid:
does it really works???

i'm using formahero wash n wash...looks good enough for me....no need to wipe...its already shine....saves a lot of time to wash my car.... lol...usually i take 2-3hours for a car..now both car can be done with the same amount of time taken...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
here is the result...no polishing job...just wash..rinse and windscreen rainx treatment...

Attachments

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
does it really works???

i'm using formahero wash n wash...looks good enough for me....no need to wipe...its already shine....saves a lot of time to wash my car.... lol...usually i take 2-3hours for a car..now both car can be done with the same amount of time taken...
clean, shine, gloss, slick, water beading / sheeting is all different..:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
does it really works???

Wash n wax and wash and shine type of shampoo does give a bit of shine after wash but not the beading type of wax look....:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Wash n wax and wash and shine type of shampoo does give a bit of shine after wash but not the beading type of wax look....:biggrin:
the one i'm using got beading for sure...but not to the level of properly polished/nano coated paint la :rofl:

deroll

Feb 24, 2014
Selangor
Hi all
Need some advice on wax/polish for new car. I see all these packages for 15/16/17/18 steps polish/wax on websites like groupon etc. Is it suitable for new cars?

I want to keep the paint on my new car in tip top conditions. I don't have a covered car park.
Thanks for any tips.
:adore::itsme:
P/s: If I want to DIY, what's the best polish/wax/sealant to use?
Since you don't have a covered area, you needed a product that can be applied outdoors when the painted surface is hot. Meguiars ultimate wax, Turtle ice paste/liquid waxes can be applied in direct sunlight/hot surface according to the product info.

If you have access to a covered area and can work while the car is cool, then look into more durable sealants like collinite 476, fk-1000p, duragloss 105 etc.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Hi all
Need some advice on wax/polish for new car. I see all these packages for 15/16/17/18 steps polish/wax on websites like groupon etc. Is it suitable for new cars?

I want to keep the paint on my new car in tip top conditions. I don't have a covered car park.

Thanks for any tips.

:adore::itsme:

P/s: If I want to DIY, what's the best polish/wax/sealant to use?
YouTube has a lot of videos for detailing cars. Watch those only from good, professional detailers . Read the video comments too.

Technique is much more important. Essentially any wax, shampoo, and sealants should be good enough. Once you have developed your skills, you can choose those with more "oomph".

One alternative is to send your car to a professional detailer once every 6 to 12 months and you do the maintenance in between.

My advice is also to avoid detailers from Groupon and the like. Too many customers often means rush, cincai job. Some shops also claim 12/18/24 steps but be aware some steps are almost always skipped. Some even say they will apply 3 types of waxes! Talk about overkill.

Note: Autoglym has a product on water wax. No need to dry the car after washing to apply the wax. Apply when wet. Saves time. Never tried it though.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My advice is also to avoid detailers from Groupon and the like. Too many customers often means rush, cincai job. Some shops also claim 12/18/24 steps but be aware some steps are almost always skipped. Some even say they will apply 3 types of waxes! Talk about overkill.
What would you expect for RM68 Groupon for car polishing and waxing? The other day was reading the T&C of like 24 steps. Usually even we DIY, uses 3 steps only. Clay, polish, wax. Then while reading the T&C, clean front windscreen is 1 step, clean side window is 2nd step, clean front carpet is another step......what?:banghead::banghead:

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
What would you expect for RM68 Groupon for car polishing and waxing? The other day was reading the T&C of like 24 steps. Usually even we DIY, uses 3 steps only. Clay, polish, wax. Then while reading the T&C, clean front windscreen is 1 step, clean side window is 2nd step, clean front carpet is another step......what?:banghead::banghead:
Frankly, I wouldn't even go for it even if the price was RM 268/368/468, or if they are only using premium brands. All rush jobs to me. :(