HELP!!! My MRS gearbox problem~

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
Ok...so where i can buy the SMT gear oil??And where got workshop is pro for check this problem??

Bump:
I happen to experience this too.

1) It might be the SMT problem. Your solenoid might have ran out. Thus, you need to change the whole set. I have surveyed all lot of places around KL and the cheapest you can get is through Wing Hin. The price not including shipment maybe around 5.5k.

2) Try go to a Toyota mechanic and check using the computer. It might also be you ECU problem.

Hope your problem is no that too deep.
Bro,u driving MRS smt also??Wing Hin...u mean change whole gearbox??
If reli want change gearbox,i will change to manual...:banghead:

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
it not the gearbox, bro. its the SMT pump itself. i just got mine changed. Pics will follow (:

btw, try to get a good mechanic to check via computer on your car problem. sorry i only know some in Klang Valley (:... Master Koolspyda knows more on this (:

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
it not the gearbox, bro. its the SMT pump itself. i just got mine changed. Pics will follow (:

btw, try to get a good mechanic to check via computer on your car problem. sorry i only know some in Klang Valley (:... Master Koolspyda knows more on this (:
U hv changing already??U change the whole pump or oil only??
How much cost u??And where u done it??
Erm...before u change,is got same problem like mine MRS??Thx...:adore:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
david, as suggested, i think you need to *fully understand the problem. then the solution is easier. without understanding the actual problem whatever questions you ask will not be satisfactory. its a straightforward solution.

there are owners who have 'similar' problems & as I have mentioned above (the checklist-the remedy) & pm'ed to you.

once your understand the problem, read what i have posted, it will be clearer. thanks hope it gets solved.

*the difference between SMT hydraulic actuator pump vs gear box /SMT oil vs gear oil

Bump: david, as suggested, i think you need to *fully understand the problem. then the solution is easier. without understanding the actual problem whatever questions you ask will not be satisfactory. its a straightforward solution.

there are owners who have 'similar' problems & as I have mentioned above (the checklist-the remedy) & pm'ed to you.

once your understand the problem, read what i have posted, it will be clearer. thanks hope it gets solved.

*the difference between SMT hydraulic actuator pump vs gear box /SMT oil vs gear oil

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
Yup, already change the pump actuator and it is freakin' heavy! (:... I ordered from Wing Hin and have it installed at a workshop in USJ, Subang Jaya.

BTW, sifu Koolspyda, can you PM me the checklist/remedy thingy to me?

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
Around RM 5.5k.. but that one does not include transportation charges. You may use air freight(v.expensive but fast delivery) or shipping (less than air freight but have to wait like +-5weeks) hehehe...

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
do remember the specific Toyota SMT oil that suppose to go with it. Suggestion is not to try other oil. (white can)

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
Erm...anybody know TRIAL workshop??
Haha...now my car all done just only below RM500~
My fren intro me to that TRIAL workshop...
and then their workman check my gear oil,is the previous owner change wrong gear oil,now change for SMT gear oil is ok already.
And the PUMP them help me take out and service,now avthing is done...no problem lo!!!
Can join MRS big big taikor to TT lu~ ^^

any plan to genting??:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And thx all taikor helping!!!:adore::adore::adore:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fellow members... to share some product news. Bought a box of REVO engine treatment from Eneos One U.

I drive a E90 2007 model. I had my reservations at first, but after driving for almost 2 weeks now, I must say the product is really effective.

Will get another bottle soon for my Persona and keep you all posted !

Anyone else care to share their experience or tried REVO ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience