HELP??? -->How to connect IPod mini to Sony F5500?

MomoCorse

Known Member
Sep 2, 2005
Putrajaya
Hi guys,
I'm planning to connect my iPod mini to sony F5500 HU. anybody knows what other devices should i use?i know that i have to use sony XA-300 (Sony Unilink AUX adapter) but is there any item i have to use beside the XA-300?or.. my F5500 can't do any connection with iPod?

A little help would be nice.

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
just use iTrip. it's an fm transmitter that connects to your ipod. you just tune your head unit to that frequency and you can listen to the songs in your car. i hope the sony f5500hu has an fm radio...

squall_leonheart

Aug 5, 2005
Japan
don`t buy fm transmitter, the quality sucks and you have too keep change the bandwith when travelling...just buy rca pin with earplug connector

ipod converter cost twice of this...

MomoCorse

Known Member
Sep 2, 2005
Putrajaya
Thanx a lot squall_leonheart... then i hav to buy only normal rca pin with earplug connector to connect to iPod?what about iPod converter?i don't hav to buy that thing also?what cable should i use to connect iPod and the rca pin?

squall_leonheart

Aug 5, 2005
Japan
ipod convertes is for
1.charge your ipod and in the same time
2.play the music from your ipod and in the same time
3.display the song title on the screen

but if you use rca pin with ear plug connector,u just connect it to input and swith to aux....

MomoCorse

Known Member
Sep 2, 2005
Putrajaya
ic.. thanx.. how i do i know whether my stereo hav the aux input?i'm using sony CDX F5500. do i need an amplifier?

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
raymond said:
agree with squall, quality = sucks... got SSHH SAA SHHH SA sound when there is no music. should get the gadget as suggested.
do u own an iPod and a iTrip? have you even tried using one? do some research before you post please

squall_leonheart

Aug 5, 2005
Japan
Me and my best friend do own ipod photo 30gb and my best friend do own an original itrip,and we did try the iTrip during long distance and short distance travel...and the quality sound sucks.If your car cabin is silent enuff you can hear like alien is trying to send signal to you noise sound.and the sound quality sucks... (we cursed the itrip at it now become ishit)we already clean our ear hole dowhhh.... don`t waste your money,just connect it with rca pin and ear hole connector,or get the converter...check at manufacturing website for more detail...and u will get crystal clear sound.correct me if i`m wrong,thehehe

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I dont know if this topic is discussed before..

Just wanna ask sifu out there what is the best way to clean fuel injectors?

Using additives?
Go to mechanic n ask them to clean?If so which mechanic offer this kind of service?

Sorry guys.. seems like SPM question
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience