help building high revving NA engine.

illuminarias

Jun 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If money is no issue, you should try getting a quote from the R3 boffins first. Those guys know what they are doing and if given a free reign with the budget, they do a damn good job of whatever it is they need to do. The main reason why I like R3 is because of their doctor-ish clinical treatment of their cars, not like those mechanics whose workshops are dirtier than a junkyard.

And more importantly R3 are Proton experts. If you are worried about what the Campro can and cannot do, they will more than likely be able to tell you.
They would do customers car? I thought they only did their own R3 racing cars..

full balancing is a must....

use stock crank..but must do metal treatment (harden+surface mirror polish)

use stock conrod...

conrod and main bearings must be checked and replaced with better option like acl/king race bearings if needed

forged piston but high compression and lightweight...

then do full balancing with pistons,rod,flywheel and clutch assy+crank pulley as whole unit....

that was just bottom preparation..

then must find a way to do custom big flow oilpump...

then must do head port+bigger valve job

then must do custom camshaft..depend on your compression ration decision...might need minimum 285degree valve duration with 9mm-11mm lift camshaft spec..

custom intake manifold... (probably using eagle/edelbrock vtec intake as reference)

custom exhaust manifold (tonnka would be a great choice for that purpose)

then only u need to worry about the controlling brain...an haltech sprint500 is a good option..but meqasquirt ecu also packed with a lot more function....

then only u need to worry about ratio....a bigger final drive would be nice to play...since the powerband also moves up higher in the rev range...

campro engine is quite ok for high revving nature due to almost square engine configuration the the 1.3 version....for 1.6 is over-stroke...but i think still can manage to get it rev high efficiently..
Thank you very much. That has really helped me a lot. I kind of know what to do now.

I was thinking of megasquirt but haven't really seen anyone running mega on a campro. Plus isn't it more prone to overheating ?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
They would do customers car? I thought they only did their own R3 racing cars..

Thank you very much. That has really helped me a lot. I kind of know what to do now.

I was thinking of megasquirt but haven't really seen anyone running mega on a campro. Plus isn't it more prone to overheating ?
megasquirt is quite good..bang for buck ecu....

cooling part surely need upgrades too

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all sifus out there :) ,i need ur help about bushing..from wat i know, theres also a pu bushing..?how much is it,for satria gti?and where can i find it?of coz with installation lah.. :P ..thank you!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience