Heard of Lightning Audio ?

jimmylkj

Known Member
Jan 21, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
ic ... iz for spl ar .... ermm ... i'm looking for sq stuff .... hehe .... i'm a newbie on ICE .... sifus ... tq for advice .... ^^

Pjam

Known Member
May 31, 2005
sj
lightning audio is considered reputable brand.. well known for spl but can be setup for SQ.. if budget permits, go 4 Storm or Strike series.. anyhow, if spent that kind of $$, might as well go for European brands..
however, do not be confused with Lightning Acoustic, the logo and font may look like Lightning Audio but its different..

KeonG

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2004
K.L ®
Visit site
johnsmith said:
kicker sound systems are quite flat. better get lightning audio....that is what i call bass
Aiya bro, people looking for SQ lah.. not SPL ler..

However, if u are really into it, can try out alpine or sound stream amp. You can always find it in KF auto JLN ipoh... well known for high end products and set up..! :)

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
ohh ic.....but my opinion is get a good amp and head unit. if both is a good stuff you are getting, the speaker is not that important when comparing with the amp/hu.

the are couple of brands you can watch out,...the best, go to a audio shop (selling high end products) and test around but becareful on your wallet.....very poor after making the payment.

energie

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
Funny how people consider LA to be " reputable ". Well, stay away from it, SQ or SPL for that matters. LA's something like .... the American version of Prokick or Adams Digital or so on & so forth. Flashy finishing & marketing gimmick is the best they can offer. If you're into SQ, maybe you could check out Focal, Morel, CDT, Boston Acoustics, Tru, Sinfoni, Helix or Brax to name a few. You would pro'lly want to check out Avant Garde line of speakers too if you're working on a budget constrain. Cheers

Pjam

Known Member
May 31, 2005
sj
lightning audio, being an american brand, are good in marketing their products with nice ads, just like other american audio products..
if its hard to choose between brands, the easiest is to consider the budget $$, then can zoom on the products thats available for the budget.. then can decide which 'brand' to go for..

Joypad

Jun 12, 2005
Bangsar
Use L.A.

I just install a component set of L.A. Bolt Series... and quite satisfied with it ( I ask for a SQ setting), well all depend on taste, I guess, many say also that better brand like morel or other, is better than L.A., but for me it all comes down to your own ear, and of course, your pocket....

:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I'll be bringing my mk3 Toyota Supra with a 1JZ twin-turbo engine with me to Malaysia soon.

And I was wondering where would be a good place to take my car if it needed a service. Are there any places who specialize in Toyota engines, specifically the 1JZ? I'll be living in Penang, so I don't really want to travel to KL every time I want to get my engine looked at.

Well hope you guys can help.

Cheers,
OzXchange
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience