headlights dimming

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
hi everyone,:wavey:

anyone out there can explain or solve (preferably) the problem of headlights dimming when turned on and it suddenly dims when the aircond compressor kicks in.:smokin: ( so irritating) when aircon off this does not happen....

... when using HID this doesn't happen but with normal halogens sure will dim...
#.:listen:any one knows how to make this disappear 100% would be so usefull:driver:

anyone got any solutions?

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
i got tis problem too...
some said is the battery problem, not enuf grouding, alternator supply not enuf voltage to support your vehicle..

hope someone solved tis problem can enlighten us

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
right to the points from Mr. Killer, Clanzkiller....

The prob can b solve(not 100%) by adding extra grounding, replace a new alternator, service ur air-cond system including compressor, adding a "Branded" Volt-Stabilizer, replace a new battery & using Low Watt bulb....

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
one mechanic adviced to add these yellow cables relay that directly got one cable straight from the battery.....anyone got opinions? Meaning current supply from battery straight not from car elect. System....

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
right to the points from Mr. Killer, Clanzkiller....

The prob can b solve(not 100%) by adding extra grounding, replace a new alternator, service ur air-cond system including compressor, adding a "Branded" Volt-Stabilizer, replace a new battery & using Low Watt bulb....
i got an unbranded groudings (6 pieces), not sure if brand do really affects the usage of it...

i think i'm using the 70A alternator from P.Wira 1.5/1.6 one..not sure if the ampere is accurate..but i'm sure the model is for P.Wira 1.5/1.6

Nvr service my air-cond before LOL..just add gas and replace the aircon hose which touched the manifold and wastepipe tat increase the pressure of the hose and so burst..

using Pivot voltage stabilzer, blue color one...

forget the brand of battery...

Low Watt bulb ??

and also when the radiator fans turned on, even without air-con on, my lights also will dimmed a bit...all the lights, including meter panel, headlights, back lights,brake lights, additional meter (ex.boost meter)..

when air-con on, even worst...

Last edited:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
my 12yrs old subaru, after transplanted engine.....car not running tat smooth due to mech edi removed all my groudings, left the oem grounding...he din instal bc my grounding due to different setup edi, engine not same

so without tat additional grounding, i actually driven it for few weeks....headlight quite dim at nite (i got the so called yellow cable installed), aircon not cold, sound system quite weak, starting not tat good.

so i decided to install few groundings, coz lazy to install full set...

if remeber correctly, i install 1point 4ga, 4points 8ga only....and one power cable from alternator directly back to positive battery terminal....

aircon become colder(noticeable), headlamp brighter, car voltage higher and stable (got voltmeter inside car)...when woofer bass kick in, interior lamps will not dim oso...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
hi everyone,:wavey:

anyone out there can explain or solve (preferably) the problem of headlights dimming when turned on and it suddenly dims when the aircond compressor kicks in.:smokin: ( so irritating) when aircon off this does not happen....

... when using HID this doesn't happen but with normal halogens sure will dim...
#.:listen:any one knows how to make this disappear 100% would be so usefull:driver:

anyone got any solutions?
instal grounding,vs, the so called yellow cable to ur headlamp(not sure helps o not)

for better charging effect, instal 1 power cable directly from battery positive terminal to the alternator. the oem cable is too thin

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
the problem is... i ve got all the grounding cables from pivot, pivot power earth also, using Raizin Mega , pivot spark red, pivot igniton earth and inazma pocket....but to no avail dimming still happen...

Erm can i ask what is the power cable from positive to alternator.... is it a normal grounding cable or we change the existing cable from postive to alternator to a bigger one?

clanzkiller i agree with you totally compressor and fan make interior lights also dim! why la got lousy problem like that one?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
the problem is... i ve got all the grounding cables from pivot, pivot power earth also, using Raizin Mega , pivot spark red, pivot igniton earth and inazma pocket....but to no avail dimming still happen...

Erm can i ask what is the power cable from positive to alternator.... is it a normal grounding cable or we change the existing cable from postive to alternator to a bigger one?

clanzkiller i agree with you totally compressor and fan make interior lights also dim! why la got lousy problem like that one?
actually i not sure how u install those stuffs.....normaly thick grounding or pair with a vs, can be solve or minimize the problems edi....

btw, wat car is tat

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
one mechanic adviced to add these yellow cables relay that directly got one cable straight from the battery.....anyone got opinions? Meaning current supply from battery straight not from car elect. System....
that 1 is headlamp booster... after a while, the cable & relay will burn ur socket... at that time, u will know la....

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i got an unbranded groudings (6 pieces), not sure if brand do really affects the usage of it...

i think i'm using the 70A alternator from P.Wira 1.5/1.6 one..not sure if the ampere is accurate..but i'm sure the model is for P.Wira 1.5/1.6

Nvr service my air-cond before LOL..just add gas and replace the aircon hose which touched the manifold and wastepipe tat increase the pressure of the hose and so burst..

using Pivot voltage stabilzer, blue color one...

forget the brand of battery...

Low Watt bulb ??

and also when the radiator fans turned on, even without air-con on, my lights also will dimmed a bit...all the lights, including meter panel, headlights, back lights,brake lights, additional meter (ex.boost meter)..

when air-con on, even worst...
i think ur case is very normal 1... hehehe...
just get those 55W/120W bulb... will help a bit...
bout the VS, get Hot Inazma la..

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

if u will to paid, i got 100Amh Alternator... ehehhehe...

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
i think ur case is very normal 1... hehehe...
just get those 55W/120W bulb... will help a bit...
bout the VS, get Hot Inazma la..
lol bro..takan i have to change everything to lower volt bulb rite? hahahah...
wat's the diff btw pivot and hot inazma? i thought both usage is bout the same?
i guess is either the unbranded grouding doesn't help much, or the alternator ampere is too low, or maybe the battery is not good enuf..

i had change 3 alternator in 2 weeks, frustrated..due to water leakage or finishing carbon..cause bought sec hand n recond one.. tau salah :( , luckily warranty

will change battery when tis current battery is going to dead...

grouding wire grouding wire...tis one i dunno.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Red Bull Rookies team is finally complete following the selection of the remaining two drivers from Singapore and Brunei to join the current two Malaysian drivers that will compete in the upcoming Sepang 1000KM race in December.

Malaysians Mark Darwin, 21, and Siti Shahkirah Shaharul, 17, will be joined by Singaporean Emmiline Ang and Bruneian Fauziah binti Haji Haziz @ Ogy. Emmiline, 23, is the first...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience