Headlamp Restore

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
One of my favourite jobs is headlamp restoration. Though it is hardwork and time consuming sanding with precision, the small area of work allows for undivided attention to perfect the process.

Headlamps turn yellow with age due to deterioration by the sun's UV rays. This is especially severe for most JDM and euro cars. This not only spoils the look of the car, but also reduces light output.

This time, the Evolution VIII MR

Note the blurriness and lack of clarity of the headlamp.

Lack of reflections too.

Same on the other side.

Close-up inspection with light shows a lot of fine cracks which appears as hazing from a distance.

The hazing is caused by many micro-cracks.

The laborious sanding begins. Started with 1200 grit and noticed that it barely removed anything. Stepped down to 800 grit. Followed up by 1200, 1500, 2000 and 2500 grit.

After sanding, polishing took place. Pads used were Lake country 3" wool and white polishing pad. Products were Megs M105 and M205.

50/50. After cutting with wool.

Both headlamps were decontaminated with Optimum Power Clean to remove any polishing oils and residue.

What better way to protect such delicate part... A permanent hard coat.

Reflects well...

Clarity restored.

Some before-after pictures. Disregard the colour difference as it was a different time of the day.

50/50

50/50

Hope you won't mind some vain shots well deserved after a meticulous crafting...

My favourite...

Let the light shine. No more wasted energy.

Thank you...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
sweet :love: excellent job :adore::adore::adore:
Yeah...very sweet indeed!
wow... Look new! :top:
Thank you for the cheers guys!

I like most...

The photo with the camera man taking the photo in the reflection of it....:love:
Hahaha... That's me... That's my favourite shot too..

Where can get thus product ... Great ??!
Which products? The optimum coating is not available to end user. However, optimum has opti coat 2.0 that is meant for end user. The easier to use version. Maybe you can contact KC or Seech in this forum. Or, I suggest you to get the service instead...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, anyone is using speed trap sensor? i used to travel long distance at least twice a week, can't really enjoy driving when i had to 'drag' my car in 90kmph on such a wide n straight highway over nothing....i hate myself wen i had indirectly became 1 of d moron road hog....

i start to consider this illegal yet usefull device...however i always doubt on its accuracy n practicality....any real story abt the speed trap sensor, in terms of the functionality of the device, trouble wen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience