Headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Who says you can't give opinion...i didn't see anyone says you can't...so plz continue with your opinion and share it here BUT bear in mind..opinion is opinion you can't say you're right and other people is wrong...

So...you're 15..no wonder :biggrin: ......just joking man...
i never said i was right.
i just didnt like it that someone called me "green" and a "youngster"... which to me translates to "noob".

well i guess i could always take that as a compliment. :biggrin::biggrin:

BACK TO HEADERS:

I've asked the owner of kiddracing and he says that the headers should bolt up to any aftermarket catbacks without any modifications.... even 2.36" piping..

who exactly needed the modifications when bolting on the headers to their exhaust piping?

i only ask because im considering the kiddracing/club rsx headers.

Last edited:

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
alooo, anyone has OEM tps sensor? i'm just worried that tps sensor is causing my high idle problem...anyone know how to inspect whether tps got problem or not? maybe tim should know this..lol..

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
I think better cut this crap...back to the header/exhaust thing...

Like branded ones, local and imitation made ones also have proven dyno results...it's not just guesstimate. We get the info from dyno shops, friends, forummers, mags, net, etc.
We get info for branded stuffs the same way too...so it's the same.

And nukee, just to correct points from your previous post,
1. Custom exhaust doesn't means it's loud...well you can choose the exhausts to your liking...you can check out other member's car from this forum when we have TT.
2. Bout bolting on the header to the piping, since they're from different manufacturer, sometimes it'll fit directly and sometimes it'll not. Based from what I know...YES in 'many cases' you need the modifications when bolting on the headers to the exhaust piping. BUT, if kiddracing matched perfectly, then it's good news.
i never said i was right. .
You didn't say you're right but ur posts sounded otherwise "custom setups you can never be ASSURED of the HP gains".

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

alooo, anyone has OEM tps sensor? i'm just worried that tps sensor is causing my high idle problem...anyone know how to inspect whether tps got problem or not? maybe tim should know this..lol..
Jun, you can try mine to check your idling problem...

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
aiyohhh. enough of the earlier post already. you all not "sien" i also "sien"...

you guys are not reading and just picking on my words.

"custom setups you can never be ASSURED of the HP gains" ---> MEANING you do not know the EXACT horsepower gains!!!! its custom at the end of the day!! read it... i never said you WONT GET GAINS...

i can go to jaafar and get a custom 2.5" on Monday... the guys mood damn good... he bends the pipes well... welding also good... i dyno and get +20whp.

on Wednesday... a fellow forummer goes and gets a custom 2.5" done as well... the guys mood is bad... pipes have slight mis-bend... welding isnt as good... its custom & theres bound to be human error... dyno and get +15whp...

YES! Both also got gains... but with custom setups...you cant be ASSURED of the HP gains... meaning you cant say FOR SURE what the gains are.

get it? i didnt so NO gains.

For bolt ons that you buy OFF THE SHELF and are MASS PRODUCED... there is QC....the factory will not release a part if it doesnt pass inspection. so you know for sure the materials used are good... the bends are all up to spec... and the outcome will be SIMILAR (+ - 10% depending on the health of your car).

why do you people keep harboring on the same point and misinterpreting it!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

-end-

back to the topic at hand... i know TODA headers will bolt straight up to my RM01A mid pipe... so thats why i'm wondering why the kiddracing wont.

is it because:

1. Length issue? Kidd racing not long enough?
2. Flange issue? The 2.5" flange wont bolt directly to 2.3" flange?
3. Fitment issue? Kiddracing since its a replica isnt 100% accurate on measurements?

Just need to identify the problem.

Also, Kiddracing exhaust comes with a "test pipe" to bolt onto the mid pipe. So why dont we modify the test pipe instead of the mid pipe?

Last edited:

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Wow, i missed out on a lot of the hot debate. So freakin busy at work today!!

Maybe i'll just add a bit more... The 'branded' ones still have to work around certain regulations/industry practices like JASMA in Japan or some state laws in the US on emssion and noise or noise regulation in the UK (they have rules that cars only below a certain decible are allowed at trackdays... i've seen it myself while i was there). So I read somewhere (can't remember where)... in some ways these exhaust manufacturers have to kinda compromise on ultimate power gains when designing exhaust to meet these regulations and stuff, unless it states there "For race use only" and stuff like that la... which we use on our daily drivers without feeling any guilt at all actually...

So, since we are in kinda lawless Malaysia in this area, we can have our exhaust customed to as free flow and loud as we want... at the end of the day not everyone can afford or even if they could want to pay thousands and thousands for bits of metal and pipe, which gets spoilt by our bonggols and humps anyway... looking at the works of some local customiser is actually worth it...yes not all of them do good jobs, but there are really good ones also out there...

Drugged

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
lol 'lawless MAlaysia'

btw, bearing in mind that Singapore has that exhaust emissions and decibel threshold regulations (and being citizens of lawless MAlaysia with loud K20As), will we be allowed into/fined on Sg roads if we praaang praaang and open vtec there, purely based on decible intensity or that we have decat-ted?

Or will the authorities cut us slack cos we re not Singaporean, and we can go in to Sg regardless of how loud our cars sound?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
*YAWN*....since i dun own a DC5R i think i'll resign myself frm dis thread n go back n do MORE READING.....i'm just gonna confine myself w lotsa reading materials n not gonna listen 2 any opinions or experience frm whoever n just rely on wat i get frm reading.....
heck,i'm not gonna even ASK 4 any opinions or watsoever coz i m gonna get so much more accurate information frm just reading......
so,c u guys on trackday soon(is der gonna b any b4 Moto GP?).....
my nimkampoop el-cheapo exos "system" whc i can't even guesstimate wether i gained/loss hp coz it doesn't haf any QC wud like 2 "talk" 2 any branded w super QC exos SYSTEM.......
coz i came 2 dis set up frm asking ard n checking out fren's set-up + dyno results n i certainly din READ anythg dat inspired me w my set up...remember,mine's a set up..not a system..coz it ain't got any QC...
oh,dear....my dinner is cold....damn..now i hafta reheat it.....d heat in here sure ain't gonna help w heating up muh dinner...ciao...

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
=.=

shows how mature people on this forum are.

well if i could i would delete this thread because its ending up to be a "personal attack" thread.

again... people dont read and just pick and choose words so they can "attack" the author.

i never said anything about custom exhausts not being good. i even said they might have better gains compared to branded ones.

i value every single bit of advise people give... and my initial post was again answering your question of "why 2.3" then?"

again... if you people bother reading... i said "its about personal preference".

if you want to be an idiot about it... go ahead.

i just have one last thing to add since we're all being childish...

learn some English! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
QC on branded exhaust does not assure long last lasting, better quality or better sounding exhaust. Got the toda cat back and had to go to Dino twice already to get the silencer "custom" re - welded already. Mind you, did less than 10k on the clock when that happened the 1st time. Initially thought the fibre was gone.Just 2 months ago it sounded like an RXZ with sand in the muffler again. Had to go back to our local trusty jawa in sunway to get it re - welded.I wrote to toda, they claim it was an installer defect. Spoke to Jacky, he said it must've been a manufacturer defect. QC my A$$!

Should've just gotten a custom setup and use a cap "ayam muffler". Would've cost 1/3 of the toda cat back and "tak sakit hati" if leaked or the silencer fell loose. Not trying to add gas to the flame, just sharing my experience:angel:

Last edited:

Drugged

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
*YAWN*....since i dun own a DC5R i think i'll resign myself frm dis thread n go back n do MORE READING.....i'm just gonna confine myself w lotsa reading materials n not gonna listen 2 any opinions or experience frm whoever n just rely on wat i get frm reading.....
heck,i'm not gonna even ASK 4 any opinions or watsoever coz i m gonna get so much more accurate information frm just reading......
so,c u guys on trackday soon(is der gonna b any b4 Moto GP?).....
my nimkampoop el-cheapo exos "system" whc i can't even guesstimate wether i gained/loss hp coz it doesn't haf any QC wud like 2 "talk" 2 any branded w super QC exos SYSTEM.......
coz i came 2 dis set up frm asking ard n checking out fren's set-up + dyno results n i certainly din READ anythg dat inspired me w my set up...remember,mine's a set up..not a system..coz it ain't got any QC...
oh,dear....my dinner is cold....damn..now i hafta reheat it.....d heat in here sure ain't gonna help w heating up muh dinner...ciao...
*laugh*!!!:biggrin:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
guys,GREAT news!i m back w sum pretty AWESOME news!!!!!!
just got me hands on sum pretty trick exos SYSTEM 4 all Kseries Type Rs..ekcerly,dis system works pretty well w ANY cars...wanna know y?coz it's flexible!4 d piping size,u can make it 2 b a 2.3'...or even a 2.36' if u 1na b precise....can even adjust 2 make it a 2.5'...heck,it can even go up to 5' but shud der b any power loss,sendiri mau tanggung,ok?better,u can even adjust d length....so it'll fit onto ANY cars.....it's so flexible,u can even go w d OEM bend or make it straight thru N1 tembak burung style!oh yeah!it's d new age exos system!wat abt d sound?well,sum like it mellow..sum like it loud!but lately,sum new breed love 'em semi-stock!no scared...dis exos SYSTEM comes w a VOLUME ADJUST so u can tweak d decibels how u like 'em.....so screw watcha TodaK or budaklumba n no need scared d silencer come off or need 2 reweld...simply turn d knob...VOLUME ADJUST mah?d only downside w dis system it's material......since it's gotta b flexible...u can't like 'em in sfancy mancy titanium or stainless steel.....d system comes as it is...u'll just hafta accept it.....if such a flexible exos system still doesn't suit u,whr d length & size of d piping,bend it anyway u 1 it,heck,der's even volume adjust....wat more can u ask for?price?oh yeah,d most sensitive issue....price oso no scared...pay according 2 ur budget...ikut suka hati,dat's how v usually say it....1na make instalment oso can..no problem....n damn..i was so FREAKING tempted coz it's really hard 2 get a proper exos system 4 me old skool EF CR-X nowadays.....but damn..they just hafta come up w such a wussy brand name?of all thgs,they decided 2 name it fujitJUBO?damn!!!!i'm sticking 2 my set up thn!4get abt scared too big kenot fit,scared too small hafta mod,scared too loud kacau d birdies sleep,scared no brand ppl lurf,scared go dyno skali power loss thn face black2....dun hafta worry need 2 drive 2 anywhr 2 get d blardy exos system...i'll just quit playing me car....maintain as it is n try 2 read more so i wud turn more intelligent(hopefully!*chuckle*) n hope 2 earn me more money so can buy a proper Kseries Type R 2 join u guys in here again......
just sharing sum new infor on d fujitJUBO dat i came 2 know abt just now....hope u guys like it....
ciao,AGAIN!
*chuckle*......

yks228

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
i think all about "luck":argh::argh:

like a new car r same... same kilang same design but different life spend....

did u guys believe?

sorry abit out of topic

my toda also always gv me problems...
but after changed my header the muffler's rattle sound gone...
wasted my money to replace my mid pipe....
Toda leh... so wat? same same la... if u bad luck, branded or not also no use... hahaha
my opinion only la... hehe dun shoot me if im wrong...:damnmate:

Last edited:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
guys,GREAT news!i m back w sum pretty AWESOME news!!!!!!
just got me hands on sum pretty trick exos SYSTEM 4 all Kseries Type Rs..ekcerly,dis system works pretty well w ANY cars...wanna know y?coz it's flexible!4 d piping size,u can make it 2 b a 2.3'...or even a 2.36' if u 1na b precise....can even adjust 2 make it a 2.5'...heck,it can even go up to 5' but shud der b any power loss,sendiri mau tanggung,ok?better,u can even adjust d length....so it'll fit onto ANY cars.....it's so flexible,u can even go w d OEM bend or make it straight thru N1 tembak burung style!oh yeah!it's d new age exos system!wat abt d sound?well,sum like it mellow..sum like it loud!but lately,sum new breed love 'em semi-stock!no scared...dis exos SYSTEM comes w a VOLUME ADJUST so u can tweak d decibels how u like 'em.....so screw watcha TodaK or budaklumba n no need scared d silencer come off or need 2 reweld...simply turn d knob...VOLUME ADJUST mah?d only downside w dis system it's material......since it's gotta b flexible...u can't like 'em in sfancy mancy titanium or stainless steel.....d system comes as it is...u'll just hafta accept it.....if such a flexible exos system still doesn't suit u,whr d length & size of d piping,bend it anyway u 1 it,heck,der's even volume adjust....wat more can u ask for?price?oh yeah,d most sensitive issue....price oso no scared...pay according 2 ur budget...ikut suka hati,dat's how v usually say it....1na make instalment oso can..no problem....n damn..i was so FREAKING tempted coz it's really hard 2 get a proper exos system 4 me old skool EF CR-X nowadays.....but damn..they just hafta come up w such a wussy brand name?of all thgs,they decided 2 name it fujitJUBO?damn!!!!i'm sticking 2 my set up thn!4get abt scared too big kenot fit,scared too small hafta mod,scared too loud kacau d birdies sleep,scared no brand ppl lurf,scared go dyno skali power loss thn face black2....dun hafta worry need 2 drive 2 anywhr 2 get d blardy exos system...i'll just quit playing me car....maintain as it is n try 2 read more so i wud turn more intelligent(hopefully!*chuckle*) n hope 2 earn me more money so can buy a proper Kseries Type R 2 join u guys in here again......
just sharing sum new infor on d fujitJUBO dat i came 2 know abt just now....hope u guys like it....
ciao,AGAIN!
*chuckle*......
Akuma... This is EPIC man...totally cracked me up!!! Hahahahahaha!!! Somehow this thread reminds me of that scomatic fella few yrs back..u reckon?. I still have the link of that thread... Lol.

Dear god give me strength for my 1st day of fasting tomorrow..

Last edited:

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
last time i remember...first I started with a 0.20cc...kns not enuff...so I was opting for a full titanium exhaust system..damn expensive liao...2.4million not including shipping...but it is from a reputable exhaust maker...

ordered...took 3weeks to arrive then install...need to do some tuning after installation...ok la..pickup was the same but the top speed gain quite a lot cos it has changed from 1.8" to 2.0"...but the fc did fall cos what i would suspect it was not a really good pair with my current mods...

i have a piggyback ecu, an top of the line iridium plug and a bigger and ported throttle body...but yet it was good but not good enuff...niasai my sifu whack kau me 9 9...he then made a customized exhaust system...it was a 2.5" but with lots of flanges...cos theres no point if it was larger in diameter but it was not that restrictive...so i guess u guys are really wrng la especially LF and AKM...bigger not always better...except at nite...

then walau...my pickup and top speed gained a lot after that...it was a simple stainless pipe and a stock but modded original exhaust...i able to touch 160kmh on a 200cc...

then i went hungry...hungry for more power...i scrapped the old block and changed it into a 0.27cc with a large high comp piston and a custom cam...that one...yes...i need a 2.5" straight flow and a bigger throttle body....the shite rattle so hard i got numb after a few kilometers...but that was 4 stroke...

on 2 stroke...bigger is not always better...itu perut yg penting...plus a top of the line plug, top of the line 2T oil and guts of glory...i touched 190kmh on my 0.15cc 2 stroker...siao man...shite was moving past me so fast...Neo from Matrix oso kenot elak...

So basically yes...sometimes the branded do give you more 'confirmed' results but dont go knocking off the customs cos you never know...a silent hunter with a custom just might be the rempit you mom always tells you about...

Wenggg Wengggg!!!

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
i think all about "luck":argh::argh:

like a new car r same... same kilang same design but different life spend....

did u guys believe?

sorry abit out of topic

my toda also always gv me problems...
but after changed my header the muffler's rattle sound gone...
wasted my money to replace my mid pipe....
Toda leh... so wat? same same la... if u bad luck, branded or not also no use... hahaha
my opinion only la... hehe dun shoot me if im wrong...:damnmate:
what headers did u change to bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My ride is wira 1300cc.:biggrin:
Currently using tyres 195/50/R15. Because wanna to get feel & looks like Rally car. Can I change to 195/55/R15 or 195/60/R15 ? Using this 2 kind of tyres will it effect the car drive heavily ? :hmmmm:

I also plan to change set of Adjustable absorber. GAP type with 36 point adjust soft hard & Titan no 36 point adjust soft hard. Both have their advantages. What to choose, is there anyone can give advise .......??:adore:

Thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience