Hari Raya Balik Kampung... Need recommendation to change tyres for long distance...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Re: Hari Raya Balik Kampung... Need recommendation to change tyres for long distance.

in my point of view, tires are just like 4 donuts rolling in the road. LOL. not really care about the brand but condition yes! for me, i will still go for recon tires~ they are much cheaper..!!!
The only thing I can think of as recon tyres is not only it is a 2nd hand tyres but is actually an almost
bald tyres but being re-grooved like what Vr2turbo said.

If u go for re-grooved tyres, I can say u dun love your life at all.

Unless ur recond meaning is 2nd hand tyres still acceptable as long as it is good condition. :smokin:

triplor

Known Member
Jul 9, 2007
Re: Hari Raya Balik Kampung... Need recommendation to change tyres for long distance.

Hari Raya just round the corner. Lately I had sent my car for service, to ensure that vehicle is safe and back kampung smooth during the raya period with family.. I am driving Toyota Altis
The service advisor told me that my tyres had start "botak" required to change for new set of tyres.. Honestly it is kind of piss off, because the tyres that this service advisor recommended to me previous didnot last more than 6 month... The services advisor for the workshop seen like not really honest give me some lousy brand tyres...
Now i think it should believe in myself and sifu here I had spot certain type of tyres... - this are the branded and tyres..
Michellin Primacy 3ST (Newly launched)
Yokohama advanDB
GoodYear Eagle EfficientGrip
Bridgestone Tyre FireStone
Stamfordtyres Falken or Toyo Tyres,
Continental ContiMaxContact™ MC5...

which do u think I should go for?
go for michelin or yokohama.. i think it would be okay
i just changed yesterday, "really pening" which tyres to pick and end up with direzza z1, really nice :driver:

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya

Get the best tires that available as it's the only bridge between your car and the road surface. Your car do ferry your family members, friends and your love one and worth to spend more on tires.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

The only thing I can think of as recon tyres is not only it is a 2nd hand tyres but is actually an almost
bald tyres but being re-grooved like what Vr2turbo said.

If u go for re-grooved tyres, I can say u dun love your life at all.

Unless ur recond meaning is 2nd hand tyres still acceptable as long as it is good condition. :smokin:
Yup, Recon to us is refurbish, so how is it done? 2nd hand just come as is.....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

i just changed yesterday, "really pening" which tyres to pick and end up with direzza z1, really nice :driver:
Fuyoh! you went to the top extreme tyres? Direzza Sports Z1 Star Spec.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Get the best tires that available as it's the only bridge between your car and the road surface. Your car do ferry your family members, friends and your love one and worth to spend more on tires.
Exactly...

vivivi

Feb 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

in my point of view, tires are just like 4 donuts rolling in the road. LOL. not really care about the brand but condition yes! for me, i will still go for recon tires~ they are much cheaper..!!!
What 4 donuts? hello.. tires is most important safety feature for a vehicle...it could just happened accident if the tyre is not in good condition. Pls be more careful while you purchase a tires. But checked properly the expired date.

I just changed my tires to Michelin Primacy 3ST..this tires was recommended by My friend's dad who own car workshop ... And I am quite impressed with the performance. It is so silent even though on high speed'/ brake. just have a look on this if you are interested...no harm.
PASSENGER CAR TYRES

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

What 4 donuts? hello.. tires is most important safety feature for a vehicle...it could just happened accident if the tyre is not in good condition. Pls be more careful while you purchase a tires. But checked properly the expired date.

I just changed my tires to Michelin Primacy 3ST..this tires was recommended by My friend's dad who own car workshop ... And I am quite impressed with the performance. It is so silent even though on high speed'/ brake. just have a look on this if you are interested...no harm.
PASSENGER CAR TYRES
Have you tried XM2 before bro? Wanna know the difference between this 2 tyres XM2 and 3ST. Is it good in wet? To me XM2 is comfortable but grip wise save enough for normal driving. Be it wet or dry. Not meant for performance or to push it like it is PP2 or PS3. Tyre screeching if corner too fast

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site

Have you tried XM2 before bro? Wanna know the difference between this 2 tyres XM2 and 3ST. Is it good in wet? To me XM2 is comfortable but grip wise save enough for normal driving. Be it wet or dry. Not meant for performance or to push it like it is PP2 or PS3. Tyre screeching if corner too fast
one thing? did you suspected this is also the same spam like previous posting?

I like the thread since it is about tyre safety, but I saw 2 or 3 marketing spams... Michellin and Falken n SilverStone.

Btw, is Maxxis or Federal or Achilies better?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I like the thread since it is about tyre safety, but I saw 2 or 3 marketing spams... Michellin and Falken n SilverStone.

Nah, not really. So far are more on discussion on tyre types and brands to use.

If u ask Vr2, he say GT Radial better. If me, Michelin better :rofl:

I never use any of those 3 before, no idea bro.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Nice, mind sharing where you got them and how much?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Nah, not really. So far are more on discussion on tyre types and brands to use.

If u ask Vr2, he say GT Radial better. If me, Michelin better :rofl:

I never use any of those 3 before, no idea bro.
Bro. SF, Each tyre brand have their own category of tyres, so if you ask which brand is better, I can't tell you. Which tyre is better, can't tell you either, because each person have their own priorities. You give a UHP tyres to an old unker driving 80kph on the highway he will tell you no difference and some more will complain very fast wear...ha! ha!
Tyre differences between model then more or less can explain a little. As for GT Radial well, it is money for value. Would not say it is better than say GY Asy2, but the money you pay for it is bang for bucks...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Which model brother?
Maxxis current should be ipro. MA-Z1 very old already.
Federal have the 595, 595Evo, both very noisy. Then 595 RS-R extreme already
Archilles is the ATR Sports, and Sports 2 (17" above), and the extreme is the 123

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

The new tyre carries the Primacy middle name, which means it’s a touring tyre, and not in the ultra high performance category, which is catered for by the Pilot Sport 3 and Pilot Super Sport. It sits above the brand’s entry level Michelin Energy XM2 model. Michelin counts the Goodyear Efficient Grip, Bridgestone Turanza range and ContiMaxContact MC5 as rivals to its new product.

From Michelin themselves......:driver:

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Primacy 3ST definitely better then XM2 in any aspect, except the price. It categorize higher then XM2.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yes, you may contact me directly which we do supply to your location in SARAWAK!!
Further details or enquire pls feel free to ring me.
Thanks You Very Much.

Our Dealer At Miri:
1) BW Tyre Sdn. Bhd.
2) Sing Ming Workshop
3) William's Brother Workshop
4) King's Auto Services
5) GT Motorsport Trading
5) Danny's Workshop
6) Albertlim Motor Sdn. Bhd.
7) San Thai Hin Car Services

Our Dealer At Bintulu:
1) Tiong Brother's Car Accessories & Services
2) Z One Auto Car & Services
3) Mathew Auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience