Hari Raya Balik Kampung... Need recommendation to change tyres for long distance...

Jun 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hari Raya just round the corner. Lately I had sent my car for service, to ensure that vehicle is safe and back kampung smooth during the raya period with family.. I am driving Toyota Altis
The service advisor told me that my tyres had start "botak" required to change for new set of tyres.. Honestly it is kind of piss off, because the tyres that this service advisor recommended to me previous didnot last more than 6 month... The services advisor for the workshop seen like not really honest give me some lousy brand tyres...
Now i think it should believe in myself and sifu here I had spot certain type of tyres... - this are the branded and tyres..
Michellin Primacy 3ST (Newly launched)
Yokohama advanDB
GoodYear Eagle EfficientGrip
Bridgestone Tyre FireStone
Stamfordtyres Falken or Toyo Tyres,
Continental ContiMaxContact™ MC5...

which do u think I should go for?

nawruz

Apr 12, 2010
Selangor
Re: Hari Raya Balik Kampung... Need recommendation to change tyres for long distance.

I think some questions need to be answered before we can provide constructive feedback:

1) What's your budget?
2) What are you looking for? (handling - wet/dry, performance, noise, durability) taking into account better grip tires are usually on softer compounds, which wear faster (not so long lasting)
3) I'm assuming you're on the stock 16" altis rims as well? Some tires only comes in certain sizes...

Good luck.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Re: Hari Raya Balik Kampung... Need recommendation to change tyres for long distance.

Hari Raya just round the corner. Lately I had sent my car for service, to ensure that vehicle is safe and back kampung smooth during the raya period with family.. I am driving Toyota Altis
The service advisor told me that my tyres had start "botak" required to change for new set of tyres.. Honestly it is kind of piss off, because the tyres that this service advisor recommended to me previous didnot last more than 6 month... The services advisor for the workshop seen like not really honest give me some lousy brand tyres...
Now i think it should believe in myself and sifu here I had spot certain type of tyres... - this are the branded and tyres..
Yokohama advanDB

I have a Toyota Altis year 2005 9th Gen. I'm using Michelin XM2 and is a GO GREEN Tyre,
Tyre is not bad for daily drive. Quiet and comfortable. Threadwear rating is good as well. Seems
to be said to save fuel. So far so good though.

Grip in dry and wet is safe enough as long as we are not some hardcore racers who whack corners like nobody business. Normal drive and speed at 120km/h no problem.

Overall I'm satisfied. Unless you can afford more, can go for Michelin PS3.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yokohama advanDB

Firstly, how did you bald your tyres in 6 months. You travel a lot? What tyres did the SA recommend?
Anyway, the tyres you have quoted are mid range ones, more for quiet running.
GY Efficient Grip seems to have good feedback as well as Advan dB V551. Michelin still new.
If toyo then C1-S model. Forget Firestone, Falken and MC5, maybe CPC2 can consider.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban

I will choose yokohama advan db. My mom car using this, I would say this is a good tyres for family car due to it's quiet and comfort. The tyres are still remain soft and quiet while cruising at highway with a 130km/h and the tyres are 2 years old age. Besides this, I would go for michelin primacy 3t, you won't go wrong with michelin. But as mentioned by bro vr2, this is a new model. So hardly to find any review.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I will choose yokohama advan db. My mom car using this, I would say this is a good tyres for family car due to it's quiet and comfort. The tyres are still remain soft and quiet while cruising at highway with a 130km/h and the tyres are 2 years old age. Besides this, I would go for michelin primacy 3t, you won't go wrong with michelin. But as mentioned by bro vr2, this is a new model. So hardly to find any review.
The latest dB V551....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Michelin tyres don't come cheap, and the XM2, despite one of their "passenger" tyres actually does pretty well for overall wet, dry and noise level.

If its long distance, I would presume you travel at highway speeds, and my only concern would be how it fares at 110km/h when its raining. The XM2 takes standing water well at legal speed limits. If you go beyond the legal speed limit, the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 takes care of it in the wet or dry.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

TS 1 post MIA already.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

TS 1 post MIA already.....:banghead:
I kinda got use to it by now. End up someone started a thread and went missing. Then all of us here
made it like it was our thread :rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I kinda got use to it by now. End up someone started a thread and went missing. Then all of us here
made it like it was our thread :rofl:
Just hopefully don't turn in Ghost stories topic......:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Just hopefully don't turn in Ghost stories topic......:driver:
Thread can go anywhere when TS is missing.

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,

better u try yokohama DB.no regret:driver:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com

What size is that? Feeling Nexxen btw?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

i was just wonderin' wer i can get those PU mounting & how much will it cost me & wat will a normal wan cost? i can choose not 2 change all the mounting at once rite?

any1 did diy mounting b4?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience