Hard Disk Defrag

P_driver

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone else experience this problem. I'm using Norton speed disk and after running the defrag for a while somewhere between 20-50% completed, the whole thinsg just stops. Even after leaving it for 1 hour it is still stuck at the same level. The whole com can still run but only the defrag will stop. Tried restarting it many times but will still stop after some time. Any ideas guys

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
check if you hv the antivurus software running, if yes, try to stop the antivirus during defreg but advise to disconnect from network if u decided to shut down the antivirus.

P_driver

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
I've tried running it with and without the antivirus program. Basically tried running it with everything none essential off

P_driver

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
I've tried running it with and without the antivirus program. Basically tried running it with everything none essential off

Wayward

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Penang, Malaysia
Visit site
you know,

if your system is low on memory,

even moving the mouse uses the virtual memory, thus causing the contents in the hard disk to shift,

and thats a possible cause.

otherwise ,

there's also possibilities of bad sectors,

thus run norton disk doctor before doing a defrag.

Wayward

nicky5

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
ipoh ..
go maxtor.com find powermax and make it bootable in diskette then run test and advance test ur hard disk.. if no prob mean nothing big serious and if got warning or fail... prepare to have bad sector la..

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
hm....i used to have this prob what i did was to enter safe mode and run the defragment.... and it works..... but i guess the best solution is to reformat ya hard disk if the problem persist..ahah just my 2 cents...

P_driver

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
Well i think its a problem with norton, i've managed to defrag my HD using windows and there was no problem. Thanks for all the advise

P_driver

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Progressive@Feb 3 2004, 04:34 AM
hm....i used to have this prob what i did was to enter safe mode and run the defragment.... and it works..... but i guess the best solution is to reformat ya hard disk if the problem persist..ahah just my 2 cents...
I tried it before and it wont work that way if you use norton

Malaysian

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
either hard disk got bad sector
try scandisk using thoroughly....if not is the graphic card problem..driver or overheat.

only this 2 problem..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

4G92 MIVEC block for sale!

Price : RM1100 (Negotiable), exclude installation & transport
Including :-
- 4g92 mivec block
- Pistons
- Connecting Rods
- Crankshaft
- Aluminium Oil Sump
- Custom Form

P/S : Installation service provided.

Pls contact Yoong @ 016-7626882 for more details.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience