Happy New Year 2017

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why nowadays much less youngsters joining zth already. :confused: Bored with the forum system or not familiar with the english speaking community? I did notice in my uni, many young people are getting less and less familiar with english language. But I won't say so for KL people. Every time I visit KL, some of those english spoken by youngsters really surprised me.
In a way you are right. Even your UTAR mostly mandarin speaking.....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
In a way you are right. Even your UTAR mostly mandarin speaking.....lol
The chinese community in older days tend to have a good command of English especially those from your era. Coming from an english school myself, I din't know how bad the situation is among young people until I went to uni. Because all these while, most of my chinese friends are from my school and many of them cant write or read in chinese. Now I am grateful that I did not went for chinese school. :rofl:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I parly agree/disagree. Uncle VR era have English school.
Our era, bro RENESIS, kebangsaan school. End up banana, I duno speak mandarin but understand.
Learn speak english through TV without subtitle.
Read and write...read loh. Hehehehe...
I pass in English spm. Idiot oral teacher give me wrong medium to read. And ask different question.
I din realise. Sudah pass pun...move forward. lol...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I parly agree/disagree. Uncle VR era have English school.
Our era, bro RENESIS, kebangsaan school. End up banana, I duno speak mandarin but understand.
Learn speak english through TV without subtitle.
Read and write...read loh. Hehehehe...
I pass in English spm. Idiot oral teacher give me wrong medium to read. And ask different question.
I din realise. Sudah pass pun...move forward. lol...
Some people still call my school as English school because my school's long history. It was established back in 1895 as an English school.

Hmm, you live in Penang but can't speak Mandarin. What language do you normally speak?

One regret that I can't read chinese words is when it comes to understanding Japanese kanji words. Chinese educated people can at least get the meaning, but I can't even read anything. :banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
penang hokkien...i'm a cantonese. Duno speak also..:mad:
I see. Can speak hokkien, then I guess can survive with the locals, hahaha. I'm hokkien but I can't speak or understand hokkien. I can speak cantonese, mandarin and hakka. :biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Go add the rest of zth sifu at FB, hahahaha. You already added me what. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Let me check...:driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The chinese community in older days tend to have a good command of English especially those from your era. Coming from an english school myself, I din't know how bad the situation is among young people until I went to uni. Because all these while, most of my chinese friends are from my school and many of them cant write or read in chinese. Now I am grateful that I did not went for chinese school. :rofl:
Yup, my era was still under GCE, General Certificate od Education under the Commonwealth before it was replace by MCE which now further have been replaced again......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Go add the rest of zth sifu at FB, hahahaha. You already added me what. :biggrin:

Easy enough to find you via zth fb page. :biggrin:

I still read the threads but not much to comment lol :burnout:
Nothing much interesting is happening lately. No engine VS threads like last time (4A-GE VS MIVEC VS VTEC, turbo VS NA), no troll, no conman stories, etc. :rofl:

Yup, my era was still under GCE, General Certificate od Education under the Commonwealth before it was replace by MCE which now further have been replaced again......lol
I can hardly see any benefits coming out from current education system. It looked like those who received the older education system seemed to turn out into people who are smarter in work overall. I've always heard about the current younger generation had different working attitude and expectations at workplace. Soon will be my turn in joining them. Times have changed, so does the way of living. :biggrin:

Last edited:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Happy New Year to you too.

Hehe, you rarely post here, how to offend anyone. :biggrin:
Rarely meh?? oh yea !! :biggrin:

Why nowadays much less youngsters joining zth already. :confused: Bored with the forum system or not familiar with the english speaking community? I did notice in my uni, many young people are getting less and less familiar with english language. But I won't say so for KL people. Every time I visit KL, some of those english spoken by youngsters really surprised me.

Maybe now there are too many other websites for people to socialize and discuss things. 10 years ago, social media is still new and internet forums is like the best place for people to come and discuss about things that they like.
I think bcoz they either bz with facebook or the alien language app called WeChat...

regarding on the English part, it can be a race n religion issue (personal experience plus I am a Malay)... u if guys can recall an old thread i made in 2006 or 2007, i was talking about my life in Local Uni where my classmates are anti or hate english speakers. They have seeded this anti English mentality which can be also seen today. Plus that Local Uni even they are "trying" to improve the english there but still the students are not accepting it. If u Malay talking english, the other malays will dengki (a harsh evil form of jealous) or call u lupa daratan or u dont belong in Malaysia or being a Malay

Lastly in my high school, English is the best lesson compare to all.. the teachers are nice.. i do miss the our Form 4 english teacher... i can still remembered when we moved to a new classroom bcoz our previous classroom had an electrical explosion. We moved to a move cheerful and aircond classroom.

After doing our work at English class, habis semua kerja... we all even our pengawas classmates join in and played... we did caterpillar, snowboarding n lots of things.. Our english teacher even said "I love to bring u all to this class bcoz it makes u so cheerful and not sad or serious,"

Damn, miss those days, i wonder how the good teachers are now? :proud: