Handling, suspension, springs, bars, rollcage ...

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
Guys,

For a start, any idea or any comments on which are the currently good suspension that we can have ? Maybe care to share some ideas or experiences on how to further improve your ride ? I am currently on STOCK...ouch

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
First and most cost effective way to improve the handling of your car... ALIGNMENT!

So many people spend so much money on expensive suspension systems then get their alignment done chinchai chinchai by Ah Chue Ah Kow alignment guys. Set your car up properly and you can enjoy massive improvements even with your stock system.

Alignment. Alignment. Alignment. Then move on to tyre pressures ;)

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
good point.....but let focus on the main point.....of handling.....any other comments or experiences by the community on their rides.....

p/s: who duno their moms wear skirts anyways......cheers

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
strut bar and anti roll bar are important too
but we must start from the leg...means tyre come first, then tyer presure, then RIM follow by suspension, spring, then strut bar and anti roll are the add on

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I felt that when it comes to suspension and handlings, budget makes an important role before we come down to brands and models.

Before we understand more, we need to know the differences between dampener, absorbers and fully adjustable coilovers.

Of course, the next question is what you want ? You want to adjust height ? ride comfort and to be able to take some hard corners occasionally ? or you want both and perhaps, be able to take real hard corners like in track or down/up hill speeding application ?

THen again, is money and budget !! Let's take the entry level budget of say 4-5k. With that, you can opt to go for a good adjustable absorber without any height adjustable coilovers such as GAB or Bilstein or even Ohlins absorbers (without pillowball mount or adjustable struts) entry levels...

But if you wants to have both of adjustable dampener + coilovers, then you will have to go for a cheaper solution such as Tein which offers a fully adjustable coilovers to adjust both Height + dampening rate at that price. TEIN of course do have their higher end versions and for track application but I'll just stop here as I can go on to HKS Hypermax 2 (ard 7K for evo), Ohlins canister (10K)..etc.

So again, is budget !

For those whom knows me, hehe... I have 2 sets of fully adjustable coilovers. HKS Hypermax and Ohlins. Feel free to sit in my car and try it out during our TT ! :)

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
DD, after your kansai is serviced, put it on and give it a trash la. Keep at home collect dust man !!

But your stock not bad la..is e8 stock spring+absorbers rite ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have had to change the alternator twice within a year. I am told the expensive original alternator also does not last. Am advised to get a used Japanese one from a half-cut shop.

My Satria is 1.5 auto UK specs. I changed to ngv some months ago. Does the extra heat from using ngv affect the alternator ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience