H&R spring match with ???? absorber?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
im actually using hotbits...
however, heard speculation about their lifespan....the quality its not consistence.
i got it for free but spent rm700 to service n change all 4 valves...until now, after 3 months, still ok. comfort its there with performance.

however, i know they r expensive...try titan...few friends r using them and all of them give thumps up...

trancebum

Known Member
Feb 17, 2004
ongteckweng said:
never heard u need to match a spring with a particular absorber.
get what u need!!!
its either comfort, medium or hard setting. so it entirely depends on ur budget n need. dont have to match anything. i can even use H&R with stock abs. no prob. but this settin will not last long coz the original abs r long stroke. for lowering spring like h&r, get short stroke abs. hope this help...cheers
what a joke man. of course there is a compatibality issue here between springs and absobers (hence the term damping and rebound!!). if you have and overly stiff spring (like 20kg/mm) you'd have to get a 'matching' absorber with a very very stiff (damping) setting. if you have a very soft spring, u cant use an overly stiff absorber. so YES, there IS such a thing a 'matching' springs with absorbers. if you want to be safe, get damping (and if possible, rebound as well) adjustable absorbers.

kacw

Known Member
May 6, 2006
What are the warranty like for hot bits and titan?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
trancebum said:
what a joke man. of course there is a compatibality issue here between springs and absobers (hence the term damping and rebound!!). if you have and overly stiff spring (like 20kg/mm) you'd have to get a 'matching' absorber with a very very stiff (damping) setting. if you have a very soft spring, u cant use an overly stiff absorber. so YES, there IS such a thing a 'matching' springs with absorbers. if you want to be safe, get damping (and if possible, rebound as well) adjustable absorbers.
trancebum...im just trying to say u dont need to match a certain brand of spring with certain brand of absorber!

like everyone say, u need to match koni with eibach etc...pls read the 1st thread...

i know the damping n rebound rate its very important but how many companies r giving that kind of information?? do u think most sellers know what the hell is that? NO!!! they just sell according to ur need and what its given by the manufacturer...

like i said earlier...if u r looking for lowered spring, said design for wira 1.6, get a short stroke absorber that r design for wira 1.6l...they will match coz manufacturers already have the damping n rebound rate calculated.

u dont have specifically match Koni with eibach...u can match with kg/mm spring, apexi spring or even h&r as long as its for wira 1.6!!

UNLESS u have a modded car with a bigger engine capacity, then u will need a very specific damping n rebound rate configuration to offset the heavier car. usually they will use adjustables.

pls understand what im trying to say before telling everyone im a joker la...:biggrin:
peace man...cheers

kacw

Known Member
May 6, 2006
Titan offers 2 year warranty for the suspension system.

trancebum

Known Member
Feb 17, 2004
ongteckweng said:
trancebum...im just trying to say u dont need to match a certain brand of spring with certain brand of absorber!

like everyone say, u need to match koni with eibach etc...pls read the 1st thread...

i know the damping n rebound rate its very important but how many companies r giving that kind of information?? do u think most sellers know what the hell is that? NO!!! they just sell according to ur need and what its given by the manufacturer...

like i said earlier...if u r looking for lowered spring, said design for wira 1.6, get a short stroke absorber that r design for wira 1.6l...they will match coz manufacturers already have the damping n rebound rate calculated.

u dont have specifically match Koni with eibach...u can match with kg/mm spring, apexi spring or even h&r as long as its for wira 1.6!!

UNLESS u have a modded car with a bigger engine capacity, then u will need a very specific damping n rebound rate configuration to offset the heavier car. usually they will use adjustables.

pls understand what im trying to say before telling everyone im a joker la...:biggrin:
peace man...cheers
OTW,
read what you wrote and what i quoted PER VERBATIM : "never heard u need to match a spring with a particular absorber. get what u need!!!"

there was NO mention whatsoever of brand matching (altho you MAY have implied that or thought you were saying that - i'm giving u the benefit of the doubt here). and yes, i've read the thread from start to end TWO times before commenting.

taking what you WROTE on face value, and not what you are THINKING off when u wrote it or what you were IMPLYING, how are forummers supposed to grasp/UNDERSTAND your 'meaning' if you do no SPELL IT OUT, like u just did??

and again i shall quote you : "do u think most sellers know what the hell is that? NO!!!"" -> Titan KNOWS their spring rates and damping of their absorbers and sells it as per their clients' needs (if indeed their client do specify for certain spring rates n damping). and yes.....this is probably an exception to the case. although there are a few shops who knows all these and are very secretive about it.

in any case, what you wrote wasnt specific enough, as is evidenced. if you want to say there is NO need to match BRANDS, then say so. dont just say "never heard u need to match a spring with a particular absorber".

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
trancebum said:
OTW,
read what you wrote and what i quoted PER VERBATIM : "never heard u need to match a spring with a particular absorber. get what u need!!!"

there was NO mention whatsoever of brand matching (altho you MAY have implied that or thought you were saying that - i'm giving u the benefit of the doubt here). and yes, i've read the thread from start to end TWO times before commenting.

taking what you WROTE on face value, and not what you are THINKING off when u wrote it or what you were IMPLYING, how are forummers supposed to grasp/UNDERSTAND your 'meaning' if you do no SPELL IT OUT, like u just did??

and again i shall quote you : "do u think most sellers know what the hell is that? NO!!!"" -> Titan KNOWS their spring rates and damping of their absorbers and sells it as per their clients' needs (if indeed their client do specify for certain spring rates n damping). and yes.....this is probably an exception to the case. although there are a few shops who knows all these and are very secretive about it.

in any case, what you wrote wasnt specific enough, as is evidenced. if you want to say there is NO need to match BRANDS, then say so. dont just say "never heard u need to match a spring with a particular absorber".
its already specific when i say u dont need to match a spring with a particular absorber...probably ur england its higher standard than mine...mine still manglish...:biggrin: what to do...malaysian mah....i believe 99% of zth forumers r malaysian...

u r right about titan...they r good...no doubts about it...have few friends using them and all give thumps up...
of course when i said "most sellers"...there r few exceptional...

anyway, we already make our point crystal clear...no point arguing...we r here to share infos...thanks for ur reminder...cheers

trancebum

Known Member
Feb 17, 2004
OTW :) no worries mate.

i've shopped for springs and abs before and spent >6months (close to 8months actually) researching wat to get and all. asked for spring rates and damping rates (as i was shopping for them separately...CANT afford Titan!!) and 99% of the shops (as u said) DO NOT know WTF i was asking for. so i FULLY understand your sentiment when u said most shops just want to SELL SELL SELL. so finally, to cure my headache, i took a pill to solve the problem...the pill was named 'fuck-it-all'.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
trancebum...most of the abs n springs r cater for general users (ie: minimal knowledge)...they only know about branding.

thats why u will hardly find any shops know what they r selling...:fight:..unless expert shop like titan...my advice...save up..rather than settle for something u will regret later...trust me...been there...and in the end, spent more money which its unnecessary.

btw, what car u r driving until need 8 months to find suspension?? :biggrin:

kacw

Known Member
May 6, 2006
Hi OTW,

Although I'm a newbie for mods eg. suspension, I totally agree with you, I have been looking around for suspension for a Perdana V6 and most shop carries Eibach only and theres no way I'm gonna put it on cause it rear bounces at high speeds.

Anyway this is my comparison, Hokomoto is selling Eibach Pro Kit and Koni abs for RM980 and RM1650 including installation. The total is RM2630. Eibach comes with 5 years warranty and Koni is only 6 months.

Titan on the other hand is custom made for RM3000, an extra RM370 for custom made and 2 years warranty. So the extra RM370 for an extra 1.5 years warranty is cheaper than buying another set of abs which will cost more than RM3000 total. As in 2 sets of Koni's which have 12 months total warranty.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
kacw said:
Hi OTW,

Although I'm a newbie for mods eg. suspension, I totally agree with you, I have been looking around for suspension for a Perdana V6 and most shop carries Eibach only and theres no way I'm gonna put it on cause it rear bounces at high speeds.

Anyway this is my comparison, Hokomoto is selling Eibach Pro Kit and Koni abs for RM980 and RM1650 including installation. The total is RM2630. Eibach comes with 5 years warranty and Koni is only 6 months.

Titan on the other hand is custom made for RM3000, an extra RM370 for custom made and 2 years warranty. So the extra RM370 for an extra 1.5 years warranty is cheaper than buying another set of abs which will cost more than RM3000 total. As in 2 sets of Koni's which have 12 months total warranty.
u r right kacw....titan is the better deal if u ask me...best of all...u can retune the abs until u r satisfied...its a better investment as u can sell it if u change car...unlike koni & eibach...

trancebum

Known Member
Feb 17, 2004
OTW
my car? none other than the 'world famous' proton!! cant afford anything else. i ended up getting eibach springs along with the 'local made' GAB. combo was alright, but still a little 'bouncy' on highways. i've sold the car since mid of last year.

altho, i've used H&R springs with tokico absorbers before (on my civic) and the combo was superb. slightly on the hard side, but then again, roads in the US are lots better than msia, so it was ok ;)