H&R Progressive Spring

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
taiko..i m using H&r also...btw for the rear wan..the closer section faces up..n the coil wit wider space faces downwards..so as wat others said...based on the wordings also correct =P
just my opinion...mine is like that la for the rear...but no regrets gettting H&r

WBW7827

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
KELANTAN
greetings..
closer spaces is down...if incase u want to try out how it feel with both setup..i mean closer spaces downward & upward.. plz do it and try it in spirited ride thru any of ur favorite route...u will sure feel da diferent.
i bet u will...

happy tryin :tongue:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
ahhaa, okie, lemme explain abit from my experiance, wether the closer part is up or down, it all depends on your absorbers, the futher away should be placed at where the springs touch the metal plate(bottom for mine, but i guess it bottom for most cars also) as there is a lock there to prevent the springs from spinning round and round and round... :D

as the top part, should try to get the closer together ones as they are positioned almost flat, meaning it would rest on the bushes nicely without one side senget or tilted(if you get what i mean) so when you screw the absorbers mounting and the base, the springs will settle in nicely, if not, you might either spoil your rubber bushing or worst, when driving, your springs might fall out of the base :D

my two cents larr :D

WBW7827

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
KELANTAN
emm...i think it depend on structure of damper itself..i mean the flat steel mount and the rubber bushes...ayyaa...
not easy describe on PC...must get 1 shock absorber and elaborate...

p/s: the best thing is ask mechanic. anyone got motorbike??
anything from kapchai model...do look at their rear shock absorber...SEE CAREFULLY THAT THE CLOSER PART IS DOWN.. BECAUSE THE PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT OF SPRING..
comment appreciated

Last edited:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
WBW7827 said:
emm...i think it depend on structure of damper itself..i mean the flat steel mount and the rubber bushes...ayyaa...
not easy describe on PC...must get 1 shock absorber and elaborate...

p/s: the best thing is ask mechanic. anyone got motorbike??
anything from kapchai model...do look at their rear shock absorber...SEE CAREFULLY THAT THE CLOSER PART IS DOWN.. BECAUSE THE PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT OF SPRING..
comment appreciated
hmm, i have a scooter lastime, and also a NSR, the springs on the scooter bottom and on top also got compressed wan wor?? ahaha, haiya, ask mech the best, think they should know best also, for me why i mentioned that way is because when i tried it, it installed better with the compress part on top, as the curve at the lower absorber part there is kinda steep, or what do you call it, lolz,i also lost liow :D anyone else here got this kinda experiance before aR???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Porsche will be presenting the next generation 911 at the Frankfurt Motor Show later this year in September. As is the usual procedure, the precedence of an updated model, especially one as iconic as the 911, is by reports suggesting new the improvements to the new model.

Before this, the rumourmill had already churned out a creamy one in the form of a possible seven speed manual transmission for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience