H Getz or P Myvi, pls comments some!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Hmmm...I didn't think this thread would go very far to be honest, but it has.

Anyway, maybe I should rephrase my earlier posts a little bit. The Getz (the CBU one at least) is deffo a better car overall than a Myvi (apart from the engine. The Daihatsu sourced 1.3 of the Myvi is better). But it costs quite a bit more than the Myvi. Not to mention higher maintenance and parts (ok, maybe slightly if you know where to look).

But let's look at it from the top. We are talking about buying a small, cheap, hassle-free, relatively uninspiring car. So the most important thing is value and the Myvi truly is bang-for-buck the better option.

But hey...maybe it is just me. I'm the kind of guy that wouldn't spend 100k on a Jazz. I could get a bigger car for that or maybe even TWO Myvis.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
si|verfish, of course you won't go for Jazz, your desire is clearly stated in your signature. :biggrin:

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
i have driven myvi for me .. it has a very powerfull pick up for auto car.. but i think is not a fuel economy car because for the timing.. the timing is stated 0.8 when put at D without moving and sometimes touches up to 1.5 when its at N. this is why the pick up is very good .. timing is so high but is not good for the fuel....
but is actualy a good thing.. if u notice kelisa and kenari.. the steering use to shake everytime in p,n or d .... perodua increase the timing to make the engine more stable .. but is not good for the fuel...... but is local assemble.. so the maintainence is cheap, can easily find spare part, and is surely a higher demand car compare to getz when u sell it... better 2nd hand value...

is a spacious car for everyday driving and a very comfortable car for everyday driving...

never driven getz before so i dare not give any comment on that ... but i will still go for a myvi.....

cheers... :)

dome zero

Known Member
Jun 14, 2006
both car i hav drive,

gets is more comfortable, more solid, fc normal. but second value not high.

myvi more power, fc normal, easy mantain, but abit noisy la, second value ok. 1 more thing, more myvi missing....-.-'

anyway, :_: go to text drive is the best way b4 u decide,

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
yea i agree.. for me among the two cars.. i choose 2nd value the most important.. and easy to sell... is make u easy to change car in the future...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
BlackSamurai,
Noted but brought liao..
Will contact u in the future...
Thanks...

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
my sister own a getz, i've driven it for a couple of times..
it's the CBU hyundai unit,
i've neva driven the myvi so i cant really comment much..

the interior built is better than the myvi..
the myvi's good.. but the getz's just tat lil bit better..
u go to perodua's showroom get a test drive and then head to hyundai's and try out the getz..
u'll notice the difference.

the driving experience?
the getz is definitely no performance hatch or sedan..
there's no power and it corners err.. it just doesnt give you the confidence to corner at speed (but you shudnt do tat, it's not meant to be~lol..)
i dont expect much but at least it's comfortable inside..
the amount of headroom helps..
the seats are not good though..
maybe its just me..

the FC is just normal..
the one i drove around in was a 1.3
i dont have the exact figures but the car being underpowered,
it need a lot of 'push' to move it in speed..
but if you dont push it all the time it actually does fine..
coz IMHO, the car's lazee lump actually makes you drive 'slow & steady'..
which is good considering what kind of ppl this car is made for..

the pricing of parts is more expensive than local cars..
there are some parts that arent really tat much in difference..
and aftermarket parts? im sorry but the getz just cant compete w the myvi in this area..

the premium u guys said u gotta pay over the myvi?
if u're gettin the inokom one, it aint tat much..
comes w airbag (driver side only not both) and abs..
bear in mind the cbu unit doesnt..

second hand value? check the motortrader..
i honestly dont think the getz could do better than the myvi in this..

about the myvi, i cant comment much but i personally would go for the myvi.
I think you're better off gettin opinions from a myvi owner or try it out yourself instead of just readin off other ppl's comments..

jeanloo

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
si|verfish said:
But let's look at it from the top. We are talking about buying a small, cheap, hassle-free, relatively uninspiring car. So the most important thing is value and the Myvi truly is bang-for-buck the better option.
Uninspiring, dats a good word to describe a Myvi, the ride is so boring to me. Somemore the car very bouncy to me.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Correct, but the same can be said about the Getz. And for that matter, most cars in this bracket.

The only thing the Getz has over the Myvi is build quality (in CBU form, not so sure about CKD). And you are going to hand over a significant dollop of cash for it.

That's why, for my rational, it isn't worth it.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Ah the perfect time to mention this. Why not a Smart ForFour 1.3? Incidentally Si Khiong Star is giving an RM40k overtrade for its Smart ForFour, and RM30k for the Smart ForTwo. Effectively, this qualifies the ForFour into this thread's fray:-

Getz 1.3 - ~RM60k
Myvi 1.3 - ~RM50k
ForFour 1.3 - ~RM63k

Let's see what the Smart has over the others:-

4 Airbags
Tridion Safety Cell
Seatbelt Pre-tensioners
95bhp 125Nm 1.3L MIVEC engine
ESP - Electronic Stability Programme
CBU Netherlands - same factory as new Mitsu Colt
20,000km service interval
6 gear clutchless manual
Electric steering wheel
Mercedes-Benz engineering
0-100 in 10.5s
HID headlamps
Rear disc brakes
Panoramic tinted glass roof

Best of all, it's the status symbol the Hyundai and Perodua just can't offer.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Status as a faltering, barely staying alive, loved by homos brand? :biggrin:

But, honestly...are they really selling the ForFour for 63k??? How's that deal work out? What's the catch?

I'm actually interested cos it sounds like one heck of a deal. Sounds too good to be true.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if it's favoured by homos since the outlook is very unorthodox. But then again, chicks are quite comfortable around homo-ish guys. The whole buaya-under-gay-facade does work sometimes. Just look at Jap boybands.

Perhaps the only thing that makes the car less gay (in a way) is the DSG-style gearbox which needs real manhandling to get the best out of. My only other gripe was that Smart has discontinued the 4/4, but according to DC they will manufacture parts for another 12 years. I'm sure they understand that they cannot simply abandon their premium customers.

I'll be digging into the finer details of the deal tomorrow. If the figures are true, I'm getting one for my parents.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

neone noes wer i can get this done? n how much will it set me back...i askd the ppl at daichi and they said they cudnt do it(bcos they have to flatten the hood and apparently it makes da hood flimsy)...
btw...i photoshopd the pic.. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience