Guys need help please! brake pads problem.

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifus, I recently changed my brake disc and brake pads on my Myvi 1.3 auto to AR Racing slotted and drilled and Formula Imp brake pads and now my brakes got sound and the foreman say my brake pads finished already. He told me the brake disc makan the brake pads cause it's slotted and drilled and asked me to look for a harder type of brake pads so it won't makan so fast. Can any sifu recommend harder brake pads or should I change back to oem brake disc?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifus, I recently changed my brake disc and brake pads on my Myvi 1.3 auto to AR Racing slotted and drilled and Formula Imp brake pads and now my brakes got sound and the foreman say my brake pads finished already. He told me the brake disc makan the brake pads cause it's slotted and drilled and asked me to look for a harder type of brake pads so it won't makan so fast. Can any sifu recommend harder brake pads or should I change back to oem brake disc?
Show us a pic of the pads. U said recently changed. Won't so fast makan one.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
It's Formula Imp brake pads. Do you want the picture of the brake pads who jb is on my car or the box?
The picture of the worn out pad lah bro.

I think if the pad is not worn out then its because u r using a brake pad with compound not suitable for your driving style.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
roughly how long the pads were used until they are worn?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
brandylau is more likely to be a girl... so not 'bro', is 'sis'.

Anyway, slotted rotors will eat through brake pads fast. It's normal if your pads are finished within 6-8 months depending on how you drive. If it's less than that then it's possible the pads just need sandpapering cuz rubbing the sides of the rotors making a squeaking noise.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
racing driver lady... :biggrin:

even me just use normal disc with normal pad worrr......daily driver didnt need slotted or high performance pad....

probably the pad was on higher temp range...which usually squeaks at colder temp.. (and probably due to metallic compound also)

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi, can you please describe the noise from the brake?

If the noise = wooonnggg wooonngg = the sound from the slotted rotor. Mostly high speed (above 80km/h) is more noticeable.

if the noise = yiiiikkkk yiiiiiiiiikkk = pads gone, the metal of the pad cover touched the rotor surface.

PS: Brake pad wont finish that fast even though your rotor is slotted and drilled.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi, can you please describe the noise from the brake?

If the noise = wooonnggg wooonngg = the sound from the slotted rotor. Mostly high speed (above 80km/h) is more noticeable.

if the noise = yiiiikkkk yiiiiiiiiikkk = pads gone, the metal of the pad cover touched the rotor surface.

PS: Brake pad wont finish that fast even though your rotor is slotted and drilled.
Yup, agree with this.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Please teach me how to modify all types of car including :
a)engine
b)suspension
c)tyres
d)aerodynamics

Please also tell me where to get those part with reasonable price...
Thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience