Guys need help please! brake pads problem.

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Hi Sifus, I recently changed my brake disc and brake pads on my Myvi 1.3 auto to AR Racing slotted and drilled and Formula Imp brake pads and now my brakes got sound and the foreman say my brake pads finished already. He told me the brake disc makan the brake pads cause it's slotted and drilled and asked me to look for a harder type of brake pads so it won't makan so fast. Can any sifu recommend harder brake pads or should I change back to oem brake disc?

stupidcar

Mar 18, 2013
Hi Sifus, I recently changed my brake disc and brake pads on my Myvi 1.3 auto to AR Racing slotted and drilled and Formula Imp brake pads and now my brakes got sound and the foreman say my brake pads finished already. He told me the brake disc makan the brake pads cause it's slotted and drilled and asked me to look for a harder type of brake pads so it won't makan so fast. Can any sifu recommend harder brake pads or should I change back to oem brake disc?
Show us a pic of the pads. U said recently changed. Won't so fast makan one.

It's Formula Imp brake pads. Do you want the picture of the brake pads who jb is on my car or the box?
The picture of the worn out pad lah bro.

I think if the pad is not worn out then its because u r using a brake pad with compound not suitable for your driving style.

roughly how long the pads were used until they are worn?

brandylau is more likely to be a girl... so not 'bro', is 'sis'.

Anyway, slotted rotors will eat through brake pads fast. It's normal if your pads are finished within 6-8 months depending on how you drive. If it's less than that then it's possible the pads just need sandpapering cuz rubbing the sides of the rotors making a squeaking noise.

racing driver lady... :biggrin:

even me just use normal disc with normal pad worrr......daily driver didnt need slotted or high performance pad....

probably the pad was on higher temp range...which usually squeaks at colder temp.. (and probably due to metallic compound also)

jerrysiow

Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi, can you please describe the noise from the brake?

If the noise = wooonnggg wooonngg = the sound from the slotted rotor. Mostly high speed (above 80km/h) is more noticeable.

if the noise = yiiiikkkk yiiiiiiiiikkk = pads gone, the metal of the pad cover touched the rotor surface.

PS: Brake pad wont finish that fast even though your rotor is slotted and drilled.

Hi, can you please describe the noise from the brake?

If the noise = wooonnggg wooonngg = the sound from the slotted rotor. Mostly high speed (above 80km/h) is more noticeable.

if the noise = yiiiikkkk yiiiiiiiiikkk = pads gone, the metal of the pad cover touched the rotor surface.

PS: Brake pad wont finish that fast even though your rotor is slotted and drilled.
Yup, agree with this.....:driver:

Please teach me how to modify all types of car including :
a)engine
b)suspension
c)tyres
d)aerodynamics

Please also tell me where to get those part with reasonable price...
Thank you..