GTI spoiler got ripped in Kuchai Lama

darrenlam

Jan 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
My friend's GTI spoiler was ripped off from his beloved GTI early this morning in Kuchai Lama (somewhere between 12am and 7am). Now his car have leftovers dents and markings, have to find replacement spoiler and place to ketuk and respray the affected areas of the car..

Those b******s really desperate, not only go CF spoilers, normal GTI spoilers also don't let go.

*sigh* .. feel damn sorry for my friend...

You guys got any recommendations for the replacement and repairs? Just reply to this post. Thanks.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
PPl are getting desparate for money now.....would be desparate to do anything for money. just read the news abt snatch thief and killing innocent women......

Just be careful parking your precious car. Be alert at all time.

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
No need tools la, I use my hands alone also can remove the GTi spoiler without damaging it. Reason being that a) the original spoiler is damned strong and b) the parts of the tailgate that it's attached to is damned soft.

Two people can remove the spoiler in under a minute. Lift up, lower, unplug brake lamp cable, cabut. Only amateurs damage your car.

How do I know? Mine got stolen not once but twice.

Best thing to do is to install metal washers under the nuts where the spoiler attaches to the tailgate. This will prevent them from removing the spoiler or at least from removing it undamaged but will not stop them from damaging the tailgate from their attempts.

How do I know? It worked the second time.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
somtimes.....i think......y thiefs nowadays getting more pro and pro?

thanks to this website and thread.....hahaha u c ah......if i am a CAR THIEF out there........wah......syiok.......ANY AND EVERY info can get from here

such as how to do this and prevent that.....

ICE thread there all saying i got 5k ICE system......i got 10k ICE system.......

to thief syiokman

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
i think don expose any information regarding anything will make benefit to the thief

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Generally, I would agree with you. But in this case, it's probably better if the thiefs know how to do it properly, since it would entail less damage to the cars.

If the thiefs that took my spoiler the first time knew what they were doing, I'd have saved over a thousand ringgit in unnecessary bodywork repair, respray and re-wiring costs.