GT Radial Champiro HPY

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wow sounds like a good buy after hearing VR's review.
I'm still in the mid of deciding which tire to change, currently running on N6000.
Was surveying around these days and considering a few brands; The N8000, T1-Sport and GY Asy 2.
I'm looking for a good sets of tire that can perform well in wet, so since VR uses both GY Asy2 & now HPY
just want to know whether the wet traction and aquaplaning of the HPY is on par as compare to GY Asy2?
and I also understand that it is made in Indo., so was bit skeptical of the quality. :biggrin:
Of course, not as good as Asy 2, but close. If it can hold my VR4 and still can drive fast in the wet for me it is a pass already. Like mentioned I have tried quite a few other tyres and this HPY for me comes 3rd to 4th after Asy2. T-1R is not even close as I wheel spin in wet changing from 4th to 3rd to overtake and sidewall of T1-R also cannot take corners like HPY and HPY is like RM100 plus cheaper per pc.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Well actually many top tire brands already have factories in Indonesia and they make good tires, such as certain range of BS Potenza, Dunlop, GY, and of course this GT Radial. FYI Michelin actually has partial ownership of GT Radial, and the factories there also produces some range of Michelin tires so quality should be good enough. Just like your Sony, IPhone, Nike, etc2. made in China anyway, right?
What bro.Patmos menat was GT Radial being an Indonesian brand tyres. Branded tyres having factory in Indonesia is different as they just setup factory there. Like that GY and Pirelli have factory in China then it is worse...ha! ha!:biggrin: But the GY Asy that I use earlier, my size was from GY China factory and at first was also skeptical of it, but it perform just as good as it's German ones

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

No offend for Indonesia made product,
just that had a bad experience previously with Falken ZE522 which
were made in Indonesia too. Maybe it was the tread pattern that doesn't suit my driving style :biggrin:
Falken Indon I am not sure what they did, but their ZE322 and ZE522 are just budget tyres. Even now the ZE-912 (Thai made ones) which was good when launched have now changed their compound as their traction rating have been changed from AA to A only. Many complaints of fast wear, less grip, and noisy and now have fallen out of many members use.

Patmos

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
USJ
Of course, not as good as Asy 2, but close. If it can hold my VR4 and still can drive fast in the wet for me it is a pass already. Like mentioned I have tried quite a few other tyres and this HPY for me comes 3rd to 4th after Asy2. T-1R is not even close as I wheel spin in wet changing from 4th to 3rd to overtake and sidewall of T1-R also cannot take corners like HPY and HPY is like RM100 plus cheaper per pc.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

What bro.Patmos menat was GT Radial being an Indonesian brand tyres. Branded tyres having factory in Indonesia is different as they just setup factory there. Like that GY and Pirelli have factory in China then it is worse...ha! ha!:biggrin: But the GY Asy that I use earlier, my size was from GY China factory and at first was also skeptical of it, but it perform just as good as it's German ones

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Falken Indon I am not sure what they did, but their ZE322 and ZE522 are just budget tyres. Even now the ZE-912 (Thai made ones) which was good when launched have now changed their compound as their traction rating have been changed from AA to A only. Many complaints of fast wear, less grip, and noisy and now have fallen out of many members use.
Thanks for the feedback VR, its good to know there's another good yet value for money tires in the market today besides the N8000.

Base on your feedback I think the GT Radial HPY worth a serious consideration, since it perform almost equally well and yet cost less than those premium brands. Will try source out for these tires, if I'm not mistaken I think QS carry GT Radial brands right?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the feedback VR, its good to know there's another good yet value for money tires in the market today besides the N8000.

Base on your feedback I think the GT Radial HPY worth a serious consideration, since it perform almost equally well and yet cost less than those premium brands. Will try source out for these tires, if I'm not mistaken I think QS carry GT Radial brands right?
Yup, or can ask him to order if not in stock....

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
Cheap for 18", right?:biggrin:
Yeah and I think I need the hpx as my newer nexen 6000 that needs replace and I need directional types :( as my rear v12 still got a lot of threads left . I can't get the nexen 8000 also.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah and I think I need the hpx as my newer nexen 6000 that needs replace and I need directional types :( as my rear v12 still got a lot of threads left . I can't get the nexen 8000 also.
N6000 lower performance then V12, probably HPX will be better....

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
N6000 lower performance then V12, probably HPX will be better....
yeah i wanted to try asymetric tyres for a change, is it ok to do so? front asymetrical and rear directional?
now torn between hpy and nex 8000

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah i wanted to try asymetric tyres for a change, is it ok to do so? front asymetrical and rear directional?
now torn between hpy and nex 8000
Directional design more for wet, asymmetric made for cornering. Pirrelli P zero system have directional in front and asymmetric in the rear. Their idea front cut water for rear to track, of course this is for super wide tyres for the super cars....:biggrin:
If having same size tyres, I don't see why not front asy and rear directional tyres.
Have not tried N8000 but some mentioned they are softer, good for aquaplane resistance (very big grooves) but less traction in the dry also because of big grooves, less rubber contact.
HPY more balance as the grooves not that big, but ttyres are harder (bumpy) probably better for cornering.

Patmos

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
USJ
Replaced all 4 tires recently to GT Radial Champiro HPY.
Love the asymmetric tread patterns, which looks convincing to me.
The tire is indeed harder if compared to my previous N6000, but it doesn't
bother me much. Performance wise, have not try the extreme way yet as its still new.
Tried on wet road surface running at 100km/h, indeed its very stable
especially going through patches of water, hardly feel anything.
Can't wait for another heavier rain to released its full potential.

Overall very satisfied user :top: in terms of its value for money and performance.
Shall update u guys again soon after 1000 km.

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Yup, or can ask him to order if not in stock....
Hey bro, do you recommend to go to QS or are there any other shops? I'm hoping to buy the BAX2 to replace my good ol' c-drives. Not HPYs though.

How much is BAX2 195/55 R15 btw?

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
i just use v12 infront and nex6000(rotated them) so fully use up the v12 since more than 60% left and already more than 2 yrs old tyres from manufactured date. somehow v12 really better in both wet & dry.
soon will change to nex8000 and probably the rear use HPY :P

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hey bro, do you recommend to go to QS or are there any other shops? I'm hoping to buy the BAX2 to replace my good ol' c-drives. Not HPYs though.

How much is BAX2 195/55 R15 btw?
You can go to GT Radial website and check out the dealers near you.....

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

i just use v12 infront and nex6000(rotated them) so fully use up the v12 since more than 60% left and already more than 2 yrs old tyres from manufactured date. somehow v12 really better in both wet & dry.
soon will change to nex8000 and probably the rear use HPY :P
V12 is hankook UHP tyres, probably N8000 will match but not N6000

Why are you matching different brand pattern for front and rear?

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
You can go to GT Radial website and check out the dealers near you.....

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

V12 is hankook UHP tyres, probably N8000 will match but not N6000

Why are you matching different brand pattern for front and rear?
that time when my v12 punctured no more stock so got the nex 6k and it wears out fast around less than 50% and had to rotate the v12 back to front recently

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
that time when my v12 punctured no more stock so got the nex 6k and it wears out fast around less than 50% and had to rotate the v12 back to front recently
But you mention wanted to change to N8000, with rear HPY?:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kimi Raikkonen got close to Heikki Kovalainen's new lap record set yesterday, but fell short by less than two-tenths of a second with a best lap of 1:11.189s in his Ferrari F2008. Kovalainen was right on the pace again today at the Valencia circuit, lapping just 0.017s slower than the defending world champion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience