GT Radial Champiro HPY

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Replaced all 4 tires recently to GT Radial Champiro HPY.
Love the asymmetric tread patterns, which looks convincing to me.
The tire is indeed harder if compared to my previous N6000, but it doesn't
bother me much. Performance wise, have not try the extreme way yet as its still new.
Tried on wet road surface running at 100km/h, indeed its very stable
especially going through patches of water, hardly feel anything.
Can't wait for another heavier rain to released its full potential.

Overall very satisfied user :top: in terms of its value for money and performance.
Shall update u guys again soon after 1000 km.
Careful there, don't get over confident.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Careful there, don't get over confident.
So far, on my VR still handling well. Heard from a friend it may deteriorate after 50% wear, but then most tyres will also.....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Haha ya haven't change yet to nex 8k.
To what I gather N8000 have very big grooves so aquaplane resistance is very good, however due to big grooves so less rubber the dry traction is weaker....:hmmmm:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
haha had this weird idea to mix tyres and from time to time rotate them to really see which one the better one :D

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha had this weird idea to mix tyres and from time to time rotate them to really see which one the better one :D
Yup, I used to do that and I don't have to pay too much at once by buying two by two. When I don't feel good with the two tyres, then will try another brand/model. But then this have been ongoing for a very long time already.....:biggrin:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
Yup, I used to do that and I don't have to pay too much at once by buying two by two. When I don't feel good with the two tyres, then will try another brand/model. But then this have been ongoing for a very long time already.....:biggrin:
yeah real nice :)

:shakehands:

Hideiyoshi

Known Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys

i know some of you may have been using this tyres since last year, its terms of noise and comfort level of this tyre vs PS3, what do you think?

Thanks

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Guys

i know some of you may have been using this tyres since last year, its terms of noise and comfort level of this tyre vs PS3, what do you think?

Thanks
PS3 sidewall much softer, HPY more stiff.
Noise, not sure, have not used PS3 but know the sidewall is soft...:driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Some test review from UK Tyres Review...

10th: GT Radial Champiro HPY
Overall: The Chinese GT Radial is the cheapest tyre on test, saving you around £100 over a premium rival. As usual, the savings come at an expense - wet handling, though at around 10% off the best tyre on test this is closer than budget tyres have been in the past. In the dry the GT Radial was a little better, just a second off on the dry handling circuit with a sharp, sporty turn in, but still needed nearly three meters further to stop the car under dry braking.

Their model are Chinese Made but still holds it's own, being placed in 10th and being a budget tyre tested against other premium tyres like Conti CSC5, Michelin PS3, GY Asy2, Yoko V105, Dunlop Sport Maxx, Hankook S1 Evo2, Potenza S001 and Pirelli P Zero.
Read more here....
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2013-Auto-Express-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm
[/url]

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
still doing it.... :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
After 2 years of use, and with 60% balance up front the tyres still grips well, but fast acceleration getting some wheel spin now. Used to be able to accelerate with faster take off without wheel spin....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
After 2 years of use, and with 60% balance up front the tyres still grips well, but fast acceleration getting some wheel spin now. Used to be able to accelerate with faster take off without wheel spin....:driver:
Some young lads that came by at Sri Petaling during Saga TT, Toyota cars mostly...

AE111, Vios and the other 2 cant remember....all tekan kaw kaw and wheelspin when speeding off from TT area.

To show that their car powerful until can wheelspin...

So wheelspin is good ma :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Don't you just love tuners? They take a relatively fast car, replace some parts, do some tuning work and turn it into some fire breathing monster that can easily take on some of the more established barons of speed. This is one fine example by Emotion Wheels. The German tuner usually only works with wheels and this is its second time branching out into the world of total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience