Got sideswiped by a bike? Here's a solution

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

So my dad was driving in Batu Gajah town and some idiot decided to side-swipe my dad's SUV and left some damage marks on the car. It was painful to see such the paint on the vehicle being damaged by a passer by idiot and not even stopped by to apologize.

A zerotohundred.com frequent visitor, Josh a.k.a. St1l has offered to help me remove the nasty side-swipe marks, caused by a passing object, which I am guessing, a mid sized motorcycle/scooter. The damage was caused by something quite rubbery and "goo-ish". Unfortunately, the attempt to restore using the Meguiar's M105 Hyper cut failed to do the job, because the "goo" was too sticky.

He proceeds to use a 3 inch pad to try to restore the paint near to the plastic fenders of the car. To prevent any accidental damage to the fender, a smaller pad was used. The picture above shows the "cutting process" by using the pads.

Josh gives on a second attempt with the M105 compound and the mark was still a challenge to him. So he decided to use some of his professional methods, which involves pretty drastic measures in dealing the stubborn problem.

Then, he proceeds to wipe clean the damaged spot with ONR NO rinse wash diluted with 1:8 ratio of solution. Here comes the miracle part.

One last attempt before going drastic, Josh decides to use the Optimum Hyper Polish compound with his polishing machine to try to remove the damaged spot, however it was still there and he was just furious about it.

The damaged spot looks wavy, it's perhaps as bad as someone putting a blowtorch right next to it, but not enough to actually burn the car into smithereens .

So Josh attempts again by lubricating the damage spot with ONR NO Rinse wash 1:8 solution again and...

OK, he's lost it. He's decided to use a sandpaper on the damn paint. I'm sure the average newbies would have screamed, "Are you out of your damn mind?" For a regular reader at the grooming section in Zerotohundred.com , I realised, this is the ultimate technic coming from a professional that you don't often see in real life. He squirts some water on the damaged paint and then he rubs the 2000 grit sandpaper against the damaged spot. He say's don't try this at home without supervision, else consequences will be grave.

After the sanding process, he wipes dry the affected area and you would notice a fade in the paint. He finally proceeds to buff up the paint with the polishing machine again, by using the Optimum Hyper Compound.

Results? It was astounding. The damage is almost gone. Although there was slight depression marks against the panel, it isn't so visible with the naked eye. Regardless, he's done a good job and you actually save a lot of money by not trying to respray it. Good job to Josh. If anyone wants his help to help you detail your car or remove his few scratches, you can call him at this number:

Zero 2 hero auto detailing
Josh Lai
014 699 8277

http://zero2heroautodetail.wordpress.com/

Thanks to his gracious help, I have one lesser headache.

Attachments

Last edited:

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
waaaa good job..

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Thanks Kevin for featuring my work.

@168Henri, Hi Henry haha

@matshah. Thanks

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
thanks powermonster, i know what im doing :biggrin:

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
Nice! Last time when my car just got painted, one idiot wanker motorcyclist rammed into my left driver side door... The paint wasn't even 2 days old!!! He quickly got up and sped away... I hope he encounters an 18-wheeler...

LOPI

Known Member
Feb 28, 2006
melacca
That situation always happen when some motorcyclist rammed into our car and run away...
got no gut to take responsibilities....

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
That situation always happen when some motorcyclist rammed into our car and run away...
got no gut to take responsibilities....
the last time a motorbike hit and broke my tail lamp, he sped away and in front of my eyes he was banged by a van.... Van sped away and he was on the floor. Pity the fella, i help him up and apply medication to his wound.

I never even ask him to pay for the tail lamp. maklumlah wira a/b taillamp is only 30 bucks.

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
the last time a motorbike hit and broke my tail lamp, he sped away and in front of my eyes he was banged by a van.... Van sped away and he was on the floor. Pity the fella, i help him up and apply medication to his wound.

I never even ask him to pay for the tail lamp. maklumlah wira a/b taillamp is only 30 bucks.
Waaa.....good hearted guy here...:biggrin:

Anyway,my car also sometimes got swipped by bike in usual traffic jam place.....& I do angry a bit about it(Because it was my NSX ,RX8 & Z ....except my new kancil & 9 years old saga never mind that much laa hehehe...)

But since I also a biker that using a bike more often than any of my car,so I know I cannot just simply blame them.Thanks for they scratches I do more aware for them when I was driving & thanks for the act of riding that reduces traffic jam for car driver to drive the car....

LOPI

Known Member
Feb 28, 2006
melacca
Very nice of you bro DarkAccoon...
After this the motorcyclist will more careful when "cilok2 di jalan raya"
hehehe thanks to good hearted DarkAccoon...:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Josh, great work....

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Thanks Joe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

in the MAF Sensor, if u see inside, there is one resistor... if that resistor fall off , did anyone know any shop that can solder that resistor's leg back?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience