go karting

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
so how's the karting scene in shah alam?

anyone a local there?

i've never been there.

AlmostEvo

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Pg/ KL
Visit site
drexchan said:
AlmostEvo,
DNF 3 mins before it ends.. sounds familiar.. haha! We got that last year too!
Haha.. you kena that before too? The walk of shame back to the pit area sucks, eh? . Lucky it was my partner who kena... Haha.

KK13,
My frens and I go there quite often cos its cheap therefore we get to play more. Quite alot of ppl go there too. 100cc karts are nice, but expensive to play. Wallet ain't that deep.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Yea i'll probally come down to shah alam when i get back.

Just wondering, what is the most famous class of kart racing in malaysia. I know there are quite a few classes, but which one is the most famous? Plus the most famous one would probally be the most competitive right?

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
can also, r u a member?...do u need 2 have your own kart or wat?

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Gently play around with the throttle and be sensitive with it. Always remember slow in, fast out method. A good practice is to get used to drive slick tyre kart in a wet condition even its almost impossible to drive. Once you master them, driving with wet tyre would be just a piece of cake.

Another tips on the wet is try to shift your body weight is to lean slight forward when understeering (not too much) turn and lean slight back when exit. This requires the rear end gives more bite and grip when lean back. This requires a lot of practice.

*This rainy season would be a good choice to practice wet techniques. CityKarting in Shah Alam close at 10pm.
Driving in the wet require different techniques then your normal usual driving.
Brake earlier, spend less time on the brakes, tap it dont hold too long or else the kart would understeer like mad, counter the steering before the entry of course, try to avoid race line (not really necessary but depending on the surface situation).

When apex and exit, be gentle on steering and throttle...
On the contrary what u should do is on entry into the corner u flick the steering wheel full lock to the direction of the corner while hard on the brakes.
That will sort out the understeer issue.
By doing so becuase of the castor will allow the rear inside wheel to jack/ lift up and allows u to turn into the corner.
Remember it understeers on entry is because u have a solid rear axle.

The premier kart event in Malaysia for this year is the Rotax Max Championship. 1st round is held in Kelantan and the rest in Sepang.
I would suggest to rent a race kart first before comitting big bucks by investing into a chassis, engine to see if u're competitive enough and willing to spend the money.

Cheers over and out.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
but the competitions where they provide the kart is quite unfair coz if u're lucky onli u can get a good kart...if not finish!

RedD

500 RPM
Dec 19, 2004
anywhere..
ermm... im actually very interest bout tis karting.. but i dunno where shud i start..
anyone willing to guide me? u guys gt go for weekend pratice o sumthing? might wanna join u guys n hav fun... =D

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
but the competitions where they provide the kart is quite unfair coz if u're lucky onli u can get a good kart...if not finish!
Care to elaborate?
U mean rental-fun karts in general?

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Sometimes, a lousy kart in the hands of a good driver may finish in the top 3 positions.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Quite obvious it's rental karts.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

okok so i had chg my airflow sensor to gsr 449 as my stock one is giving me problem
chged cz my old afs cz the check engine light doesnt go away
but probi release and press the throttle again..the car jerks...nw the check engi is after i chged...during idle the car jerks...when im crusing at 5th gear...when ne light lights up once in a while...
y is this so?ecu has been rechip frm na mapping to turbo mapping...my engine is 4g93p bot
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience