Global Warming.. What Have U Done?!!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I want to use E85 to have renewable energy, but Malaysia government never push, how? Can change government ar?

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
I but CRZ, I use less aircond, I make sure fridge not so cold, I use less lights, I dun rempit so much ... I did cut down on my electricity and petrol bills. :0)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
I want to use E85 to have renewable energy, but Malaysia government never push, how? Can change government ar?

from wikipedia..

"Production of ethanol from corn drives up world food prices and may not reduce carbon emissions, due to the petroleum and natural gas used in raising corn and refining it into ethanol. Ethanol produced from waste materials or fast growing non-food crops such as switchgrass is much more beneficial, but not yet economically practical at large scale."

Source : E85 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Aiyoh, always a behind scene scenario.... Like full electric car, got no emission, but to produce the electric??

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
We have done a lot of harm to the environment :biggrin: for removing "Kucing" is one of them...:smile:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Use smartphone then only use Phone Battery :biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
The best alternative available today is NGV..

this is their benefit (copied from another website) happy reading :

NGV Environmental Benefits

NGV Environmental Benefits Natural gas is one of the cleanest burning alternative transportation fuels available today. Long recognized as an excellent fuel when used to generate electricity, heat homes, and fuel industrial facilities, natural gas is emerging as a leader in the alternative fuels marketplace.

Using natural gas as vehicle fuel helps the environment by positively affecting:

1. Air Quality
2. More Benefits

In addition, natural gas does not contaminate lakes, rivers, or groundwater as petroleum fuels do because it quickly dissipates into the atmosphere if a leak or spill occurs.

Commercially available medium and heavy-duty natural gas engines have demonstrated over 90% reduction in particulate matter and more than 50 percent reduction in nitrogen oxides (NOx) relative to commercial diesel engines. Natural gas engines also produce less greenhouse gases (CO2) that contribute to global warming.

See the Alternative Fuels and Advanced Vehicles Data Center (AFDC) for more information.

Energy Efficiency

Beyond the role of the fuel used in affecting CO2 emissions, the efficiency of the engine used affects the rate of CO2 emission. Obviously the use of more efficient engines results in greater fuel economy and associated lower CO2 emissions. Generally, diesel cycle engines Otto cycle. Spark ignition engines, which are in turn more efficient than gas turbine, jet engines. Use of any of these engines within hybrid cycles improves the overall efficiency of the system.

Different engines have different efficiency curves depending on the load on the engine. Hybrid engine efficiencies vary depending on the drive cycle of the vehicle. Vehicles used in stop and go urban applications where regenerative braking is used to capture and store braking energy show greater efficiency gains than vehicles used in highway transit applications. Natural gas hybrids are currently being used in a limited number of applications and promise impressive CO2 reductions.

Natural gas can be used in both spark ignition engines as well as diesel engines. Use of natural gas in a diesel engine generally requires a small amount of diesel fuel to initiate the combustion. This pilot fuel generally accounts for less than 1 percent to 20 percent of the fuel mixture depending on the load and the engine.

Engine/Fuel Combinations

By mixing various fuels with various engine cycles, you can quickly derive the optimum mix of engines, fuels, and technologies. An ultimate hybrid configuration would be to use a natural gas dual-fueled engine, piloted by biodiesel fuel, configured in a plug-in hybrid and would result in very low CO2 emissions. When the CO2 emissions of this configuration are compared with a hydrogen fuel cell, the overall "wellhead to wheel" CO2 emissions would be comparable to a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle, assuming that the electricity is derived from a fossil fuel.

Emission Comparisons

Over time, natural gas has effectively set the standard for the engine industry in demonstrating greater and greater emission reductions. As a result, diesel engine manufacturers have continually struggled to meet the emission performance of natural gas engines especially for NOx. No matter how clean diesel technology has become, natural gas engines have always remained lower in overall NOx emissions.

More Benefits

Noise:

Noise emissions from natural gas fuel engines are less intrusive in the environment than noise from diesel engines. Noise from natural gas engines is generally not as loud and is less bothersome than the lower pitch rumble associated with diesel engines. Because natural gas engines don't emit the same degree of high energy sound waves as diesel engines, transit, school buses and refuse trucks operating in urban neighborhoods are likely to be less objectionable than their diesel equivalent. In addition, the lower pitched diesel rumble sound waves will travel further before dissipation than higher pitched noise and thus creates a greater noise footprint in the environment.

Worker exposure (air emissions, noise, and odor):

While most environmental assessments generally focus on the impact of emissions on ambient air quality, these reductions also limit worker exposure and improve the working environment.

Spills and ground water impacts:

Spills and leaks of liquid petroleum products (gasoline and diesel fuels) routinely contaminate surface water and groundwater.

Natural gas cannot contaminate these water supplies as it vaporizes into the atmosphere if released. The costs to build and operate spill prevention and control facilities are not generally considered in comparing traditional fuels against natural gas. As such it is a hidden, though very real cost to owners of facilities dispensing and using liquid petroleum products.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Personally I find NGV cars very very vey very x 10 underpowered. But having said that I've heard of turbo charged NGV cars so that might be the ultimate solution. Anyway I can't sacrifice that much boot space just to accomodate that NGV tank.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My ex colleague now driving a taxi. He got a Saga BLM and have the tank fitted. If got large luggage have to put inside the car......:banghead:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Heard that if you tune to both NGV and petrol, the power is less when using NGV, but if tune to only NGV, seems the power is better.....but then if cannot find NGV station don't know what will happen if use petrol.....
Personally I find NGV cars very very vey very x 10 underpowered. But having said that I've heard of turbo charged NGV cars so that might be the ultimate solution. Anyway I can't sacrifice that much boot space just to accomodate that NGV tank.
My ex colleague now driving a taxi. He got a Saga BLM and have the tank fitted. If got large luggage have to put inside the car......:banghead:

i hear that if u change to 100% NGV, it would be more powerful..

NGV is RON 130.. source : Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)

if u live in Klang Valley & ur hometown also around here.. it's a good option

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you didn't know already there are multiple types of Dynos in Malaysia and each have their quirks and differences.

The "heart breaker" dynos are Mainline and Mustang (there's more but right now I'm only focusing on those that I know are in Malaysia). These dynos have heavy loads resulting in lower HP numbers but usually on-point AFR tuning on and off-load. Tuners have mentioned that Mainline dynos are generally safer as there's more parameters to monitor when tuning.

Dynojet has two...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience