Glare Glassplexin

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
hello everyone!

read about GLARE, a polishing shop (sunway area) from an old issue of Hypertune mag.seems the service is quite good.somemore got 18mths gloss warranty.really? and also some glassplexin stuff.

read that it cost about 500+ for a ford lynx rs (2yrs ago i think)
wonder how much it cost for a putra.
anyone went there b4?

pls share ur experience! thanks!

KeonG

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2004
K.L ®
Visit site
GLASSPLEXIN®

Glare Paint Sealant is an exclusive paint sealant that flows like liquid glass, penetrating and sealing your car's paint surface leaving an ultra high gloss finish. Blending into the paint rather than just remaining on the surface. Glare Paint Sealant fills in tiny valleys of pinpoint paint pores, hairline cracks and crevices, smoothing out spots where grime clings and corrosion begins, while leaving a glassy, silky smooth, but rock hard finish.

Source:
HTML:
http://www.magicseal.com.au/glare.htm
:)

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
adrianlek said:
hello everyone!

read about GLARE, a polishing shop (sunway area) from an old issue of Hypertune mag.seems the service is quite good.somemore got 18mths gloss warranty.really? and also some glassplexin stuff.

read that it cost about 500+ for a ford lynx rs (2yrs ago i think)
wonder how much it cost for a putra.
anyone went there b4?

pls share ur experience! thanks!
advisable that you go do more surveys..the 18month thing not worth..go look for Klasse, Zaimol, Mcguiar...try to read http://www.bettercarcare.com for more info....

qencing

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
glare is the thing to do

im a very satisfied glare user...
did it for my kelisa(solid white)
cost me around rm300++
i did a comparision with another white kelisa
my car wus abit dirty but still standouts againts the other 1
some even ask me if i repainted my car to 2K white.

they even have a gloss meter that check the shine of ur car.
they check b4 n after applying.
my car b4 aplying wuz 81.5% n after wuz 93.0%
3 months after i applied the meter reading wuz at 105%
the shine went up n not down!!!!!
now my car has been stolen n if or when i get my new car im
surelly going there again
i have no regrets of paying extra money to keep my car shining!!!

u can contact me at [email protected]
if u need more info

Last edited:

clearcoat

Jul 14, 2005
-
Sorry but I beg to differ.

They dont know anything about surface prep... just take a close look on some of the cars being done up, especially black. Look closely and you will find oxidation, swirls, bonded dirt are still there and these guys are silly enough not to remove these but sealing it it. Glassplexin is nothing more than some sort of synthetic sealant.

The product was a flop in the US and is now being peddled as "Glare" in Asia cause we're apparently too stupid to know better..

wind

Jul 15, 2005
KL
Glare is fantastic man! Did it on a car of mine & the first reaction which is pretty common with glare was..."Did you just repaint yr car?!". The mirror-look you get on it is fantastic especially on dark colors like mine.. mine is a pearl dark blue.

The swirl marks & cobwebs have also disappeared. Recommended it to some of my colleagues and almost all of them in one office had it done ;)

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
i went test last week.just sample ny.
i dun think its worth it.i came back n polished d other parts of my car n d shine was d same only. diff is d glare part got no swirls.
maybe can last longer d shine, i dunno :D was quoted $488 for a putra

wind

Jul 15, 2005
KL
That's the thing... no swirls! :D And it will definitely last longer. The shine on mine looks just as good after a 1-year period. I tried CARS before and their waxing/polishing really sucks! Their own cheap oil product that they use was not applied evenly even after going through the 2nd round touch up and after just one car wash, it was all gone! :mad:

With Glare, you would see a much better effect than the testing if you do the complete thorough process. One way to find out is just to lepak there for a couple of hours and watch them do a complete car. ;)

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
crower75 said:
Really ??? Dammnn...can get APEXi RSM Bluescreen 2nd hand with stand summore .....
plus installation :)

i also think its not worth it.
might b tryin SILK PRO.
got package promo now.$118.
but must ownself do la :D

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
i posted this on another thread.but just paste here to let u guys know la cause some of u might b wondering what the heck is SILK PRO :D

i went to carrefour alamanda during d weekends.
they had this SILK PRO promo.
also got clay bar.i jakun,nvr c b4 so was very impressed. :)
can tahan fire also.
d great thing is when u apply d polish u can just let it dry into cake form.then just spray some of their liquid on it n can just wipe it off.
damn easy.u dun hv to 'scrub' d dry polish off.
1st time i'm seeing this kinda method
d shine can last 6 mths guaranteed.

d package got 3 bottles (wash,polish,buffing liquid), 1 clay, manuals, warranty card,cd n cloth i think.got free gift also.1 more clay n some sponges n cloths.i think its quite a good deal.each package can use 3 times.so tht means can tahan for 18 mths. only $118.